• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
It works, lol.

Well, there you go Private. You have a Backup Plan.

I agree that an in-game solution is best. Just like an in-game LFG would be better than relying on third party sites to find groups. The game has a lot short comings. This is at least one thing that helps.

noomi

well look at how quickly the thread is moving again, it's like the old days *single tear drops from eye*

Either way, I'm pretty happy with everything honestly. Pulse rifles and shotguns getting a buff is great, handcannon nerf wasn't too bad, heavy ammo bug is fixed (except for orbit thing) and now we can use the site/app to move transfer gear.

It's a great week in destiny :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Solution #1

Inventory screen has a Gear tab that has all 3 characters and the vault in one tab and interchangeable by going left and right using the analogue stick and then X/A to enter a UI to transfer items just like with this.

Multiple pages that can be cycled up and down with the analog stick for vault pages for armour, weapons etc
I see- so what you are looking for is access to the inventory of all three characters as well as the vault from the standard inventory menu, even in the middle of content. If we're implementing that, we might as well make it so that you can transfer items directly from the inventory of one character to another through that UI, bypassing the vault altogether, right?

That certainly goes way beyond accessing the vault from orbit and I'm betting most would agree that would offer an unprecedented level of convenience, and welcome such an overhaul. I'm not sure I've ever encountered an online game in which you could have multiple characters' inventories accessible from any one.

I'm not sure how realistic it is- we're touching a lot of different systems now. But I'd be happy with that solution. I don't know how high it would actually be on my list of requests- but that makes it a really good idea for you to post it in the top three requests thread on Bungie's forum- at least to have done what you can to make sure they know there are people for whom this is a top priority.

We can just use the ps4 browser to access Bungie.net and transfer gear this way.

I could also have this thread open on the PS4 and not miss out on as many GAF group ups. Is there an alt+tab type of shortcut for apps so I don't have to go to the home screen?

Thinking about this is making me a little jealous of the Xbox snap features.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wait- one of each of those weapons, just sitting in the the vault? Why wouldn't any of them be on your characters?

I agree with the implied point of those above however, I don't feel that this feature addition is at all aimed at "freeing up vault space"; it's a solution to the inconvenience of transferring items between characters.
My characters are full as well, is the problem. I have silly things like 3 Murmurs that I want to keep because it's a unique weapon that you can never get again unless you start a new character, but I never use, so they just sit in my character's inventories.

I agree that this is something that's to facilitate the fact that, for whatever reason, they can't have you access your vault in orbit though and I can certainly appreciate the benefits it brings. But I can also see why Byron reacted the way he did, at least on this one.

Yup, the additional utility of using your toons for additional storage was just a derivative bonus of the primary feature of Vault Management.

I expect a page solution like the Friends list.
It doesn't help when your alts have all your junker weapons because you can't fit the random situational weapons (like, say, the fusion rifle you only use for crucible) in your vault. lol

Lnkn52

I could also have this thread open on the PS4 and not miss out on as many GAF group ups. Is there an alt+tab type of shortcut for apps so I don't have to go to the home screen?

Thinking about this is making me a little jealous of the Xbox snap features.
Double tap the ps4 button (the one between the joysticks).

Sullichin

Perfect so only 3 people left for us to get and we have a checkpoint

Dope. That makes three. Just three more for HM Crota.
I'll be ready in a few minutes, PSN is Sullichin if I'm not on your FL

Solution #1

Inventory screen has a Gear tab that has all 3 characters and the vault in one tab and interchangeable by going left and right using the analogue stick and then X/A to enter a UI to transfer items just like with this.

Multiple pages that can be cycled up and down with the analog stick for vault pages for armour, weapons etc

It sounds like you want the entire web app squeezed into one tab in one section of the menu. It would be ideal for sure to be able to replicate the functionality of the site/app in the game. The most useful thing about it is taking an item from a character without logging in as them. But I'm actually struggling to visualize how this interface would work. And I usually hate second screen "experiences" and companion apps. I think this is a pretty good use of the idea for once.

Agent

Just catching up on the news of the day. I always know something happened when there is 5+ pages in only a few hours. The app vault transfer news is fantastic. Sure, its not the perfect solution but its better than the old one.

Now if we could only grab a bounty from the tower from the app.

hydruxo

We can just use the ps4 browser to access Bungie.net and transfer gear this way.

1408.gif

Mindlog

I'm gonna go out on a limb, and I know this might cut you deep, but I don't think the "shoot people through infinite surfaces in PvP" aspect of the perk was ever intended :(
The would not disappoint me.
What disappoints me is that the rock Swordbear hides behind is at minimum 5x thicker than a grate I can't shoot through. There's no easily observed method to the madness.

Mass Effect Multiplayer had clear penetration values and all of them could be modified reliably. I always knew consistently under any situation if my weapon could penetrate soft cover (native Widow) or everything (Javelin with stacked AP.)

I don't necessarily want the game reverted to suit my old style, but I would like to know how the system works :]

*Quickly checking out the new Vault. Will shard most duplicates. Will not shard duplicate items from 1 of each category. Before logging out I will switch to weapons all of my characters have. Should be good to go.

MildSoss

This new app transfer update is awesome. As someone who always runs back to the tower to get their favorite weapons this new feature is such a god send.

Thanks bungie, now if you'd some how take a hawkmoon from deku's inventory and some how drop it into mine I promise to forget about that whole month you wouldn't let xur sell heavy ammo synths to us. :]

With you both we would just need 1 more, I'm not sure how many titans we have. Would you not feel comfortable blink striking as a swordbearer?

Eh, I could do it. Been a while. Just would like to get this done quick, and my fastest time running sword is an hour :p.

EDIT: Could we not call up Drizzay-4-Cash for the final spot?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My characters are full as well, is the problem. I have silly things like 3 Murmurs that I want to keep because it's a unique weapon that you can never get again unless you start a new character, but I never use, so they just sit in my character's inventories.
I still don't think I understand- weren't you saying you wanted to have one of each exotic and raid weapon, all in the vault? Like, you must keep some exotics on your characters instead of in the vault, right? Or do you deposit all exotics at the end of each session?

I will admit keeping 3 copies of a weapon you never use also does not strike me as compatible with the notion of ever having enough space o_o

I agree that this is something that's to facilitate the fact that, for whatever reason, they can't have you access your vault in orbit though and I can certainly appreciate the benefits it brings. But I can also see why Byron reacted the way he did, at least on this one.
Even if you could access your vault in orbit, it would be a step behind in terms of convenience... I mean, you don't even have to go to orbit to use this feature

Anyway, I consider the need for more space a completely separate and still very pressing issue. I keep and use lots of guns that are suboptimal in the purest sense, just because I like the way they feel and enjoy mixing things up. I'm using the postmaster as a sort of one-way additional storage right now on all three characters...

norm9

Played two missions so far on Destiny trial. Pretty fun and the guns feel good. Not sure its worth $60 yet. Got five more levels before I have to make a decision.

Played two missions so far on Destiny trial. Pretty fun and the guns feel good. Not sure its worth $60 yet. Got five more levels before I have to make a decision.
Unfortunately the game doesn't get amazeballs till max level. It's kind of a slow burn. Hope you love it as much as we all did, though!

ocean

Banned
We get to keep our heavy ammo when we die, Xûr is selling the stuff, weeklies have matchmaking, we can see our rep from inventory and manage the vault from our freaking phones. Pulse Rifles are now usable and shotguns are amazing. All in all, I'd say this was a fantastic patch. Does the game still have things to fix? Sure. There's Raid bugs and Vault space and a few Exotics that need buffing but this patch was a pretty good sign they're listening.

Hawkian, bring up the DGAF mood sine curve. Where are we at?

todd360

We get to keep our heavy ammo when we die, Xûr is selling the stuff, weeklies have matchmaking, we can see our rep from inventory and manage the vault from our freaking phones. Pulse Rifles are now usable and shotguns are amazing. All in all, I'd say this was a fantastic patch. Does the game still have things to fix? Sure. There's Raid bugs and Vault space and a few Exotics that need buffing but this patch was a pretty good sign they're listening.

Anything but the sine table! Pie charts.

Admodieus

If you have friends that play regularly, it's very much worth it. Similar case to Diablo or other dungeon crawlers. The gunplay keeps me coming back, personally.

Unfortunately, the trial will do little to give you the proper impression of the game outside of gunplay. It is a very different game when you get to endgsme content, which is where you will spend 99% of your time if you stick around.

Lnkn52

Also, if you buy Destiny, you already have access to one of the better Destiny communities. That's Free.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
if you guys need a sword I'm home in 15 mins!

Anything but the sine table! Pie charts.
qLgXtYb.jpg

wakka wakka wakka

So the HM Crota team so far is:

1. Darryl_M_R
2. ShaperofStories
3. Sullichin
4. phantom8324
5. JGW
6. ???? (hopefully a master samurai)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom