• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's lying! She ragequit!

tumblr_inline_nhvw9fHn7r1s67p0x.gif

lmao I want to change to 100pp but I don't know where that option is.

Top left, the little gear (control panel), then Settings and Options --> Edit Options.

About halfway down the page:

Number of Posts to Show Per Page
Use this option to set the number of posts to show in a thread before splitting the display into multiple pages.
Number of Posts to Show Per Page:

Nuszka

So just got back from work, item transfer through the app seems extremely useful, will save a lot of time thanks to it. Guaranteed that people who wasted their time with getting and levelling three of each wanted weapons feel a bit ... How to say it ... Let's leave it at that. Would be nice from bungie for letting us know about upcoming changes like that .

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I still don't think I understand- weren't you saying you wanted to have one of each exotic and raid weapon, all in the vault? Like, you must keep some exotics on your characters instead of in the vault, right? Or do you deposit all exotics at the end of each session?

I will admit keeping 3 copies of a weapon you never use also does not strike me as compatible with the notion of ever having enough space o_o

Even if you could access your vault in orbit, it would be a step behind in terms of convenience... I mean, you don't even have to go to orbit to use this feature

Anyway, I consider the need for more space a completely separate and still very pressing issue. I keep and use lots of guns that are suboptimal in the purest sense, just because I like the way they feel and enjoy mixing things up. I'm using the postmaster as a sort of one-way additional storage right now on all three characters...
At the moment, my vault is full of situational exotics and raid weapons that only get pulled out for Nightfalls or PVP. I don't even have room to keep one of each in the vault, which is why I have crap like No Land Beyond and Hard Light and the like in my inventory.
The only other unique weapon I have kept is the Queen's Wrath Sniper Rifle, which I have three of because I was able to get one of each element and because that event has never come around again.

Top left, the little gear (control panel), then Settings and Options --> Edit Options.

About halfway down the page:

Number of Posts to Show Per Page
Use this option to set the number of posts to show in a thread before splitting the display into multiple pages.
Number of Posts to Show Per Page:

Thank you my friend, ahh. . no DGAF is only at page 47, I always enjoyed seeing how fast DGAF get to triple number pages but I was just using 50 posts per page

Lnkn52

So just got back from work, item transfer through the app seems extremely useful, will save a lot of time thanks to it. Guaranteed that people who wasted their time with getting and levelling three of each wanted weapons feel a bit ... How to say it ... Let's leave it at that. Would be nice from bungie for letting us know about upcoming changes like that .

It's not the first time they've made a change without warning the community. But with this surprise, I'm pleased.

Yeah, better to just not talk about it. Maybe I'll get some telemetries out of it.

Mindlog

The older consoles are probably holding back in-game implementation, but I hope it's in the works. I gotta say. This new Vault management is pretty great. Mid-Strike my Titan grabbed Gjallarhorn from my Hunter and Black Hammer from my Warlock.

Literal game changer.

For a second this felt a little cheap and game breaking, but it fits with the lore so I'm good.
*I can safely bank the special items across three characters now.
**This really changes so many things. Nice!

Nuszka

So free roaming decided to transfer my Hawkmoon from my vault to my Titan , it works in an instant , something amazing. After so many hours playing the game doing this feels almost as comparable as doing a video chat from your smart phone for the very first time. Lol giggling like a child here.

Where'm I supposed to buy the vanguard armor sets? I can only find the quartermaster, who sells weapons. Need the armor for stuffs. Don't see a "vanguard handler" NPC on the tower map in the app.

Oh crap it looks like we have everyone

So the HM Crota team so far is:

1. Darryl_M_R
2. ShaperofStories
3. Sullichin
4. phantom8324
5. JGW
6. Phaethon0017

Sorry Phaethon, I was eating dinner and totally just overlooked you since all I was looking for was someone with the name "Pha"

-starting up the party invites

hydruxo

Where'm I supposed to buy the vanguard armor sets? I can only find the quartermaster, who sells weapons. Need the armor for stuffs. Don't see a "vanguard handler" NPC on the tower map in the app.

When you spawn in the Tower, just go straight ahead and through the tunnel, there are three Vanguard NPCs at the very end of the hallway standing around a table. One for each class. Go to the one for your class and purchase the armor you need.

lol how dare you try to tempt me with your many TLords. Just checked the thread now, but looks like you have a full party, good luck folks. Anything worse than #teamsecondtry is a pox upon the good name of DGAF.

Also, I don't know any Phaethon, there is only Pathogen now.

KanameYuuki

I can't believe how useful, simple and cool the browser vault is, switching guns on the go is jsut way too cool, this is what destiny should be more like.

Namikaze1

Nilla: "Why do you even do those Necrochasm daily?"
Me: "Why do you even do it with No Land Beyond?"
Todd: "It's like two people arguing over which drug is better: cocaine or heroin!"

Sorry Hawk we just got full, wish us luck since we decided not to kick someone so we can have your master swordmanship. Hoping for the best with glitches.

Homeboyd

Nilla: "Why do you even do those Necrochasm daily?"
Me: "Why do you even do it with No Land Beyond?"
Todd: "It's like two people arguing over which drug is better: cocaine or heroin!"
I'd say it's more like arguing which method of torture you prefer;

Driving nails through your feet, or
Belly flopping in a garden of cacti.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Newbie CE Normal raid in ~1hr, 40 mins. I should've gotten the signups out earlier in the week, that's my bad! But this is basically a standing offer for a CE Normal at 9, open to all, so feel free to sign up. Even if it winds up not being a newbie raid I'm planning to run something or other with CE Normal at 9.

Still spots open for Sword School sunday as well :)
Thursday - 2/26 - 9:00PM EST - Crota's End Newbie Raid - Sign Up Here (4 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Raids alternate each week between the Vault of Glass and Crota's End.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

Sunday - 3/1 - 9:00PM EST - Sunday Sword School - Sign Up Here (4 spots left)

Swordbearer practice and technique for taking down Crota, as well as tips and preparation for Hard Mode. Please be familiar with the basic mechanics of the encounter. Get your hands on the sword in a stress-free environment!
We'll establish an order and have a different person take up the sword each time, wiping before ogres. After everyone has had a shot, we'll maintain the rotation and go for the actual class kill.

No chalice! Come prepared with some method of healing yourself- preferably a helm with the "Infusion" perk. Other options include: Being a Titan (using your bubble heals you), Red Death/SUROS Regime, Life Steal on Voidwalker, Hungering Blade on Bladedancer.

Minimum level is 31.
Sorry Hawk we just got full, wish us luck since we decided not to kick someone so we can have your master swordmanship. Hoping for the best with glitches.
You guys got this. Remember, if the swordbearer sees weird shit with Crota's shield state/damage, have them quit out and start an instance on their own and then have everybody join.

Namikaze1

One thing I noticed is that the game immediately gives me contacting servers messages as soon as I go to Bungie's website on my laptop. I just open the page and the game gives me that fucking message.

It happened all 6 times I opened the page.

Deku Tree

This new app transfer update is awesome. As someone who always runs back to the tower to get their favorite weapons this new feature is such a god send.

Thanks bungie, now if you'd some how take a hawkmoon from deku's inventory and some how drop it into mine I promise to forget about that whole month you wouldn't let xur sell heavy ammo synths to us. :]

5rrkafIbeVs5y.gif

i would give you my second Hawkmoon If I could if you gave me your saint-14

Lnkn52

Newbie CE Normal raid in ~1hr, 40 mins. I should've gotten the signups out earlier in the week, that's my bad! But this is basically a standing offer for a CE Normal at 9, open to all, so feel free to sign up. Even if it winds up not being a newbie raid I'm planning to run something or other with CE Normal at 9.

Still spots open for Sword School sunday as well :)

You guys got this. Remember, if the swordbearer sees weird shit with Crota's shield state/damage, have them quit out and start an instance on their own and then have everybody join.

I signed up, how do I know if I made the cut?

forrest

formerly nacire
The app functionality change is awesome no doubt, but I gotta side with Byron a bit here that it should be in game. Also while I appreciate the ability, it feels like it could be streamlined further.

In the meantime, thank you bungie for giving us something to address the issue.

The app functionality change is awesome no doubt, but I gotta side with Byron a bit here that it should be in game. Also while I appreciate the ability, it feels like it could be streamlined further.

In the meantime, thank you bungie for giving us something to address the issue.

it's convenient and long overdue, but it's too clunky. should bring up the option to manage an item just by tapping and holding it on mobile. too many menus and the inventory list is scrolltacular.

A fellow gaffer, Pong!, took me under his wing this afternoon and showed me the ropes in Destiny. I would definitely recommend joining Pong! (PSN Luft46) online. The guy is fun, uses a mic, and he knows this game backwards

Just saw this post but wanted to add that Pong/Luft is indeed the man, as stated here. Great dude, lots of fun to play with, been too long since we rocked some Roc strikes you crazy lurker you :p

edit: oooh baby, dat page topper. Maximum visibility for Pong shout-out! Sogood.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Still gots some spots. Newbie raid is in about an hour and ten.

Thursday - 2/26 - 9:00PM EST - Crota's End Newbie Raid - Sign Up Here (3 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Raids alternate each week between the Vault of Glass and Crota's End.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

Sunday - 3/1 - 9:00PM EST - Sunday Sword School - Sign Up Here (4 spots left)

Swordbearer practice and technique for taking down Crota, as well as tips and preparation for Hard Mode. Please be familiar with the basic mechanics of the encounter. Get your hands on the sword in a stress-free environment!
We'll establish an order and have a different person take up the sword each time, wiping before ogres. After everyone has had a shot, we'll maintain the rotation and go for the actual class kill.

No chalice! Come prepared with some method of healing yourself- preferably a helm with the "Infusion" perk. Other options include: Being a Titan (using your bubble heals you), Red Death/SUROS Regime, Life Steal on Voidwalker, Hungering Blade on Bladedancer.

Minimum level is 31.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom