• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

Good morning dgaf! Ahh yes, prison of elders reveal today.

Is it going to be the same time as the previous 2 they did on twitch? Shame I have to be at work for it :/

Either way, jumped back into destiny yesterday and ran some VoG in the morning, and then some normal and hard crotas in the evening. Glad to be back in full swing again.

Can't wait to see what Bungie have for us today :D

Deku Tree

Thanks Ichi, Deku, rasengan, schwag, and T-44 for the runs tonight! Lots of good loot dropped.

I ended up with:

No Land Beyond
Red Death
Mida x2
And Gjallarhorn.

T-44 got a Hunger of Crota AND Fatebringer this evening. Lots of VoG armor dropped, and a lot of other exotics too.

Thanks Wood, Ichi, rasengan, schwag, and T-44! It was a fun night and you definitely got the best drops!

nOoblet16

So my bed got replaced today because it kept breaking despite all the fixing, this is the 3rd time it has been replaced. One of the guys who was replacing it came over to the living area to take my signatures and saw me playing Destiny and turns out the dude has 3 level 32s and has done all the weekly reset day activities already so pretty serious about the game. Too bad he was on Xbox....

EDIT: Anyone up for 3x NM Atheon and 3x HM Atheon ? I got gorgon checkpoints so will have to play Gatekeeper atleast once each time.
Or if anyone wants to do HM Crota.

Waldini

God.
F*cking.
Damnit.

3 Crota Normals. Again, no Hunger of Crota drop.

This is really getting out of hand. A guy in my Raid-Team grabbed 2 Gjallarhorns in two Raids. Whereas I received Energies and Shards. Not even a single piece of armor.

Why must u do this BungieRNG?

So my bed got replaced today because it kept breaking despite all the fixing, this is the 3rd time it has been replaced. One of the guys who was replacing it came over to the living area to take my signatures and saw me playing Destiny and turns out the dude has 3 level 32s and has done all the weekly reset day activities already so pretty serious about the game. Too bad he was on Xbox....

EDIT: Anyone up for 3x NM Atheon and 3x HM Atheon ? I got gorgon checkpoints so will have to play Gatekeeper atleast once each time.
I have a HM Oracle cp. I would like to do one run from there. Still trying to finish off my Titan armor set.

DiscreteCat

Neo Member

I would be up for some Atheon kills if we can get started soonish. Gonna have to head out in a couple of hours.

PSN: DiscreteCat

Edit: Having read above I would be up for HM run

Nice, now you can start collecting.

Doin' pretty good on that front.

qIqYP99.jpg

Gala

All that's left to do this week for me is 3x HM Crota and 3x Atheon HM and NM.

Also I need to level the Swordbreaker and get my ass into PvP. Word of Crota, Swordbreaker and Truth seem like the key to Thorn.

But for now, time to head to work. Wish you lots of horns and moons!

Waldini

Ooooo! Lets play VoG they said. It'll be fun they said! Getting that HoW VoG armor ready!

LETS DO THIS!

... result? Shards and Energies.

Why!? :(

ocean

Banned
Ooooo! Lets play VoG they said. It'll be fun they said! Getting that HoW VoG armor ready!

LETS DO THIS!

... result? Shards and Energies.

Why!? :(
It's been a very long time since I wanted any VoG loot and I still think it's the most fun content in the game, and with a good group one of the best gaming experiences I've ever encountered.

Last night I tried Hard VOG with my usual folks and we got stuck before I could have my random roll for a Fatebringer. We just kept dying in weird situations (strangely transporting enemies, one-shotted etc), which is pretty strange for us.

I think we were all too accustomed to Iron Banana and couldn't handle fighting PVE enemies.

I don't know if we'll try again tonight, but if we don't I am going to beg and plead GAF to join in and have someone run the relic (I've only played VOG a total of four times).

GutZ31

Last night I tried Hard VOG with my usual folks and we got stuck before I could have my random roll for a Fatebringer. We just kept dying in weird situations (strangely transporting enemies, one-shotted etc), which is pretty strange for us.

I think we were all too accustomed to Iron Banana and couldn't handle fighting PVE enemies.

I don't know if we'll try again tonight, but if we don't I am going to beg and plead GAF to join in and have someone run the relic (I've only played VOG a total of four times).

Fuck that, you are running the relic, and you will like it!

Really though, it is great for everyone to be comfortable with the relic so if anything happens, there is always someone able to pick it up.
The atheon fight is a whole lot easier with 6 players that don't feel bad picking up the relic.

I strongly suggest everyone that hasn't run the relic to take some time and just get familiar with how it works.
The game doesn't let you play around with it on your own like the crota sword did, so you can only really experiment with it in the raid.
Ask for some learning time, or get the checkpoint and go in by yourself to not waste time for others.
It is fun, you feel useful, and it helps everyone.

WipedOut

Ugh! already ran out of vault space - this doesn't even include my character loadouts of Fatebringer, VoC, IB, Gjally and Hunger. Thanks bungie but I need even more space please.

Screenshot_Original.png

spyder_ur

Thanks Ichi, Deku, rasengan, schwag, and T-44 for the runs tonight! Lots of good loot dropped.

I ended up with:

No Land Beyond
Red Death
Mida x2
And Gjallarhorn.

T-44 got a Hunger of Crota AND Fatebringer this evening. Lots of VoG armor dropped, and a lot of other exotics too.

Thanks Wood, Ichi, rasengan, schwag, and T-44! It was a fun night and you definitely got the best drops!

Yup that was a good time for sure. Crazy good drops for T-44. Finally got a warlock VoG helmet for my Hunter after I don't know how many clears. Good timing too.

Also, stocking shards and energy for the great Mote exchange. I have over 350 shards between radiant and ascendant. I'm sure others have way more.

no worries.

so, for flawless/clan raid/clan strike, it looks like we've got:

1. rasengan1337
2. mild soss
3. smallwind
4. BiGBoSSMK23
5. darknyss
6. moridhin
7. sentinalprimus

ich00 (said he could help)
I need to get all three done. i know sentinal wants all three, who else needs all three? since we've got more requests to join than spots, well, we'll have to figure something out.
Does tonight work for everyone - 9:30 PM EDT?

oh, and please join this clan:
https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/429327
if you need help figuring it out, please let me know. you will need to set this as your playstation clan during the course of our activities, i believe, in order for the clan trophies to be achieved.

oh, and what happened to the linkage for the CE flawless tips/tricks? anyone know?

I've only heard back from smallwind, recently. whomever else is on the list, please lmk if you're still interested, and are able to join us tonight. that said, i cannot adequately handle the sword, still, so unless one of you are able (i know that ich00 can), we will only have 5 spots so that we can have a MLG swordbearer perform those duties for us.

It's been a very long time since I wanted any VoG loot and I still think it's the most fun content in the game, and with a good group one of the best gaming experiences I've ever encountered.

Definitely. Puts Scrota to shame. Still play it whenever I get the chance. Yesterday me and 3 buddies from GAF, MandrakeUK, Duebrithil and JPrior, 4 manned it up to Gorgons on normal for fun and exotic chest. We let the Templar enrage and the ensuing chaos with us 4 trying to survive and kill Templar on the ground was awesome. Killing goblins, harpies, minotaurs and visible oracles, cleansing constantly due to oracles we missed and trying to down the Templar at the same time was one of the best times we had.

But the rolls on it are fucked. I still don't have Fatebringer or Atheon's Epilogue, and only managed to get a Façade of the Hezen Lords and Vex Mytho once. I'm not even mentioning other stuff as these are the ones I really want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom