• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Are you ready for the return of Scrota?

JvLdEfY.jpg

haven't been on reddit in a while so i popped on and found some juicy news. this may or may not be in the next destiny patch: http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/34zx1r/spoilers_update_120_announcments_being_made/

some things of note:

-Fixed a bug where the Hive Disruptor perk on the Black Hammer would interrupt with White Nail.

-Fixed a bug which allowed players to manipulate ammo when equipping an Icebreaker and switching weapons

-Fixed a bug where a player would lose all ammo upon switching special weapons in the crucible.

according to Lars Bakken in the IGN first video for Shores of Time circa the beta, the last point was not a bug, but a conscious decision. It was global at the time, but they later reverted it for PvE. Instead, switching special weapons takes away a percentage of the ammo and not the whole thing.

for Crucible's sake, I hope that last part isn't true. All that means is that people are going to be switching from final round snipers to felwinter's throughout the game. This would still happen, but the risk of losing ammo (especially after the reduced special ammo) made it a undesirable

Lnkn52

haven't been on reddit in a while so i popped on and found some juicy news. this may or may not be in the next destiny patch: http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/34zx1r/spoilers_update_120_announcments_being_made/

some things of note:

-Fixed a bug where the Hive Disruptor perk on the Black Hammer would interrupt with White Nail.

-Fixed a bug which allowed players to manipulate ammo when equipping an Icebreaker and switching weapons

-Fixed a bug where a player would lose all ammo upon switching special weapons in the crucible.

according to Lars Bakken in the IGN first video for Shores of Time circa the beta, the last point was not a bug, but a conscious decision. It was global at the time, but they later reverted it for PvE. Instead, switching special weapons takes away a percentage of the ammo and not the whole thing.

for Crucible's sake, I hope that last part isn't true. All that means is that people are going to be switching from final round snipers to felwinter's throughout the game. This would still happen, but the risk of losing ammo (especially after the reduced special ammo) made it a undesirable

Ahh Boo on that. I used my icebreaker to regen ammo for my other secondaries all the time.

Losing all special ammo was a bug??? I thought it was just so you couldn't change weapons on the fly.

Edit: lol I should have read the rest

Losing all special ammo was a bug??? I thought it was just so you couldn't change weapons on the fly.

Lars' comment from that video @3:20

"i can switch midmatch to a different weapon. The interesting thing about doing that - because we don't want you doing it all the time, you'll notice down on my weapon i have no ammo. So that's sort of the penalty you pay for switching anything that's a special or a heavy mid match. You're gonna lose the ammo."

and then Ryan McCaffery says that he noticed the special ammo crates are scattered liberally.

So Bungie seems to be doubling back on it because there's less special ammo.

noomi

The only thing I'm concerned about is the Fate of All Fools exotic.

I'm not very big into crucible, and I will need this weapon to "collect them all".... Then again I did the thorn bounty so.... maybe I will make it.

*edit*

Guess that confirms the patch... probably going to be pretty big.

We get the PoE show off today, I have 2 days off, and One Piece Spoilers are out. It's a damn good day.

eyvNG.gif

Wish i coukd share the sentement. Started a new job this week that im not sure i like, then i have to shop after work. Wont be till late tonight till i get to watch the poe stream

Lars' comment from that video @3:20

"i can switch midmatch to a different weapon. The interesting thing about doing that - because we don't want you doing it all the time, you'll notice down on my weapon i have no ammo. So that's sort of the penalty you pay for switching anything that's a special or a heavy mid match. You're gonna lose the ammo."

and then Ryan McCaffery says that he noticed the special ammo crates are scattered liberally.

So Bungie seems to be doubling back on it because there's less special ammo.

I guess I'll just wait and see. Sounds like there's a 50/50 chance of me hating Crucible even more.

know what would make this day better
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ASSHOLE! :p

I got trolled last night, when a teammate in a Crota run got a Thunderlord... and it was his 3rd or 4th ~_~

That was me last night in my team. I got two thunderloards in my 3 full Crota Normal raids totally 4 now.

Such a crazy RNG day yesterday. 2 exotics from 3 nightfall. One turning into a shard. From 3x full Crota runs I ended up with two thunderlords (now totally 4), another dragons breath (my 4th or 5th), and two more sword breakers (energies).

Hopefully Ahteon doesn't let me down and gives me a good drop or else I'll be doing other things until the next reset.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

omg

nOoblet16

some things of note:

Does this mean I can finally have the yellow outline on my Blackhammers? Woooo !!
I used icebreaker to get special ammo in raids and Nightfall (with juggler) for Blackhammer because of how rare special ammo can be sometimes...so boooo !

ethomaz

Banned
So Ice Breaker will be even more useless after the patch?

Glad I got a fire LDR from Nightfall... now I have all types of Legendary Snipers for each character.

PS. I still want a Void LDR :D

WipedOut

So Ice Breaker will be even more useless after the patch?

Glad I got a fire LDR from Nightfall... now I have all types of Legendary Snipers for each character.

PS. I still want a Void LDR :D

I was holding out hope for an Void LDR until I rolled this.

Capture.png

With mulligan getting a buff this will come in handy. Have a solar one too with surplus instead of rodeo.

repost for new page
so, for flawless/clan raid/clan strike, it looks like we've got:

1. rasengan1337
2. mild soss
3. smallwind
4. BiGBoSSMK23
5. darknyss
6. moridhin
7. sentinalprimus

ich00 (said he could help, and he can wield the sword, right ich?)

i know sentinal, smallwind and I want all three, who else needs all three?
since we've got more requests to join than spots, we'll have to figure something out.
Does tonight work for everyone - 9:30 PM EDT? PLEASE RSVP

oh, and please join this clan:
https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/429327
if you need help figuring it out, please let me know. you will need to set this as your playstation clan during the course of our activities, i believe, in order for the clan trophies to be achieved.

oh, and what happened to the linkage for the CE flawless tips/tricks? anyone know?

I've only heard back from smallwind, recently.
whomever else is on the list, please lmk if you're still interested, and are able to join us tonight.
that said, i cannot adequately handle the sword, still, so unless one of you are able (i know that ich00 can), we will only have 5 spots so that we can have a MLG swordbearer perform those duties for us.

Has anyone gotten a Gjallarhorn off of CE recently? I have a theory that it rotates with Thunderlord in the loot tables.

My buddy last night got it to drop from Deathsinger and a few weeks back another guy I run with got it at the same drop as well.

For the one that got it last night at DS that was his second one of the day. I felt like jumping off of the area behind Crota when it popped.

GutZ31

My buddy last night got it to drop from Deathsinger and a few weeks back another guy I run with got it at the same drop as well.

For the one that got it last night at DS that was his second one of the day. I felt like jumping off of the area behind Crota when it popped.

The guardians that weren't there felt the same way.

Edit: TOP OF PAGE! NEEDS KITTENS!

aXpjdRD_700b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom