• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

BokehKing

Banned
Guys.... is there a new ball in the reef?

There better be....
...... Haha the most important things are sometimes over looked

there better be goal posts

Top of the page edit
Breathe in that new expansion smell

rs_403x219-141211122133-cage_bliss.gif

Ophelion

I've been taking a break from Destiny for the last few days because I actually messed up the tendons in my right hand at the tail end of IB. I'd wake up in the morning and for several hours my pinkie finger would lock when I closed my hand.

So excited to dive into this now that I've healed up though, holy crap.

I just reached level 20 and suddenly feel a bit lost! I read the levelling guide in the OP but if anything that just muddied the waters further.

What should I be doing now? Not in terms of playing the game, but in terms of gear and such.

Also, what do the Bonds do? What difference does it make to lock/unlock it?

Thanks!

Buying vanguard and/or crucible armour is probably your best step to leveling up. These all now have 36 light so a fully upgraded set will get you to level 32. They require far less grind than before. You can wear any blue armour with light you have in the meantime. Also check out xur and his exotics when he comes round every friday to sunday. Certain activities will unlock as you go through the levels, weekly strike at 24, Vault of Glass at 26 etc. Once you reach 32 there's basically nothing you can't do except the very hardest Prison of Elders challenges. Hope that helps.

The lack of Vanguard/Crucible in the Reef makes sense in the universe but is lame technically. Was hoping to say goodbye to the Tower for a bit

Disappointed the first story mission is just running backwards through an old area but the general mechanics of that first mission made it super enjoyable, probably the most enjoyable of the story missions in the game so far.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hnnnnng got this puppy from the vanguard vendor, rerolled it to Arc to use for the Nightfall, and it happened to roll with Accelerated Coils as well 8)

The Replenish perk sounds incredible for PvP too actually. I don't mind Kneepads, will probably just keep it like this.

The entire reward schematic of the game is different now.

Has anyone had a group wipe on the Nightfall yet to see how that new process works?
I swear that wasn't meant to be activated. I wouldn't worry about it for now, I haven't heard reports of anything different.

Kal_El

Ran home from my lunch break to do the nightfall....so awesome. I got the terrible warlock helmet that makes you stronger when doing nova bomb. Can't wait until 3:30...my son has a T-Ball game today and tomorrow. Pray for rain.

I just reached level 20 and suddenly feel a bit lost! I read the levelling guide in the OP but if anything that just muddied the waters further.

What should I be doing now? Not in terms of playing the game, but in terms of gear and such.

Thanks!

Your next step should be to focus on getting vendor gear.

The bonds signify your "allegiance." Basically which faction you're going to get rep for for doing various stuff. The ones that drop are just cosmetic but the ones at the faction vendor actually make the rep that would go towards vanguard/crucible go to them instead. You'll probably wanna pick a faction, since it makes ranking up faster (both PvP and PvE stuff gets you rep) and because you can control the stat bonuses you get from the armor they sell. Future War Cult's stuff all increases int/dis for example, and is pretty popular for that reason. Do note that faction vendors only take crucible marks, so if you're not into PvP you should stick with the vanguard vendors.

If you do choose the faction option, all you need to do is play PvP matches. Lucky for you, they just doubled the amount of marks that drop in PvP, making it much less grindy; you now get 4 marks for a loss and six for a win. My old back-of-the-napkin calculus said it took around 8 hours to max out your crucible marks, so under the new system it'll be 4. Oh, that's the other thing: you can only earn 100 marks in a week. The vendor gear costs 75. 75, 150, 150 for each set, so you should be able to earn all of them in something close to a month.

vctor182

Thanks!

Basically you will now level up based on the Light level of the armor you wear, the more light it has the more you will level up, each armor piece adds the light it has.

j3LV9cU.png

The armor can be purchased in the tower vendors or obtained RNG playing missions, strikes or crucible.

Warlock bonds are class items that appear in your arm, it's like a vanity item but some warlock bonds help you level a faction (a tower vendor like dead orbit, new monarchy) so you can reach a rank were you can buy armor or weapons

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Hnnnnng got this puppy from the vanguard vendor, rerolled it to Arc to use for the Nightfall, and it happened to roll with Accelerated Coils as well 8)

The Replenish perk sounds incredible for PvP too actually. I don't mind Kneepads, will probably just keep it like this.

The entire reward schematic of the game is different now.

I swear that wasn't meant to be activated. I wouldn't worry about it for now, I haven't heard reports of anything different.

Oh fuck... I just got this with arc from a cryptarch package engram. Mine rolled with Red Dot-ORS1, Spray and Play, Accelerated Coils, and Rangefinder... looks fucking SICK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom