• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

rNilla

Need 2 more clan members. >_>

I'd join but I'm just a man of moderate back strength.

EDIT: oops page-topped again

2XflxzkvK6ghR7FbWFi.gif

Deku Tree

Was the patch supposed to have some thing good open up that people are getting upset about? Or was it just 'cause every one wanted some patch notes?

the patch basically contained HoW on it. It was not going to bring double crucible marks until HoW. Otherwise we don't know what it was going to bring today exactly, possibly guessing a new patrol thing like "blades of Crota"

hydruxo

Was the patch supposed to have some thing good open up that people are getting upset about? Or was it just 'cause every one wanted some patch notes?

Nah it's just nice to have something new to look forward to. This patch was mainly some quality of life stuff, might've been a new HoW related public event too.

Eidelon

We're one over a full party now (for some reason, my add-on that closes the form after 5 responses just stopped working a couple weeks ago... shrug), but I'd like to get you two in!

ArchonDragon and Eidelon have both run with me a few times- sorry to ask, but would one of you guys be willing to give up your spot?

I'd be happy to give up my spot.

the patch basically contained HoW on it. It was not going to bring double crucible marks until HoW. Otherwise we don't know what it was going to bring today exactly, possibly guessing a new patrol thing like "blades of Crota"
We've already got the patch with HoW in it from a few weeks ago, this would have been a smaller in game patch that would move more pieces into place.

Crucible changes were supposed to come with today's patch.

Bungie Weekly Update - 4/30/15 said:
“What about those Crucible changes?”

Shortly before the hunt for the House of Wolves begins on May 19th, all players will download Update 1.2.0 for Destiny. It will be another evolution for the experience you know. Check out this preview of some of the details we released this week, as compiled with Senior Crucible Designer Derek Carroll:
  • The spawn locking issue currently affecting Iron Banner will be fixed
  • Legendary items will be added to post-game reward tables for all Crucible activities
  • Your first match in the daily featured Crucible activity will earn you a new reward package each day
  • Reputation and Mark gains will double for each completed Crucible match
  • Etheric Light will become available for acquisition from Lord Saladin upon reaching Rank 3 and Rank 5 in Iron Banner
  • And, finally, these maps from The Dark Below will become the domain of all and be added to the standard rotation for select playlists:

https://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---04302015/en/News/News?aid=12826

Deku Tree

We've already got the patch with HoW in it from a few weeks ago, this would have been a smaller in game patch that would move more pieces into place.

No this 1.2 is a big patch... It is patch 1.2... TDB patch was 1.1... The one a few weeks ago was 1.1.X... If we already had the Full HoW patch then we would have much better data mines. We don't have the full HoW patch yet. There is also another patch coming next week.

Disappointed that there is no patch today, I'll have to console myself with a burrito bowl.

Maybe they're working on tuning some exotics to make them useful, doubtful though. They are probably just nerfing their drop rates for everyone but e92 " I didn't ask for this" m3.

Deku Tree

Disappointed that there is no patch today, I'll have to console myself with a burrito bowl.

Maybe they're working on tuning some exotics to make them useful, doubtful though. They are probably just nerfing their drop rates for everyone but e92 " I didn't ask for this" m3.

If anything like that was going on then HoW wouldn't be dropping next week.

The way the BWU from 4/30 is worded it sounds like the crucible changes would be live with 1.2.0. I don't see why they'd need to hold off until the big HoW patch for those changes. The only thing that's related to HoW is Etheric Light added to Lord Saladin and Iron Banner isn't live so it shouldn't matter.

[speculation]I wouldn't be surprised if there were other stealth fixes included like the Black Hammer fix.[/speculation]

Deku Tree

The way the BWU from 4/30 is worded it sounds like the crucible changes would be live with 1.2.0. I don't see why they'd need to hold off until the big HoW patch for those changes. The only thing that related to HoW is Etheric Light added to Lord Saladin and Iron Banner isn't live so it shouldn't matter.

[speculation]I wouldn't be surprised if there were other stealth fixes included like the Black Hammer fix.[/speculation]

The Bungie video I watched made it sound like the crucible chancres were coming with HoW... Otherwise IDK.

You gotta wonder if the patch failed cert or if it failed some stress test or something....

... Hopefully the cert process was just delayed because of slowness...

... If they end up delaying it on current gen because of some bug on the last gen consoles I'm gonna be mad.

We are fine. I highly doubt it failed certification. That would be plain idiotic on a lot of parts. 19th is a solid date.

CougRon

There is also mostly likely going to be some 'World' changes with 1.2. Stuff that isn't directly tied to HoW missions. Probably similar to Blades of Crota, it will most likely end up being enemies in new areas in patrol, and possibly some new patrol bounties .

noomi

Dude, let me know about Crota tonight, ive got hard crota cp ready to go, need normal DS though...

Loading normal gorgon now. Join up and get your ass mats cause I already stole all the exotics.

Of course you did.

I haven't seen an exotic drop for me in 3 weeks. Literally not one. I've done a minimum of 15 attempts each week. At least throw me a Monte Carlo or something for crying out loud.

ocean

Banned
My shortest post ever has turned into a clan name. Things are good in this OT.

Bungie don't delay HoW and break our hearts / goodwill / patience / mental health :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom