• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni

How do I get etheric light? Does it drop in the match made version of PoE? I notice it only says under the level 34 PoE... but that would be silly.

all around good so far. if the availability of those treasure keys is the most significant thing we have to bitch about it'll be a good day

Unfortunately it seems that those keys literally make or break the DLC. It's pointless to do an arena unless you have that key.

Magik, Illini and me beat the level 32 PoE. Didn't have a key when we started and we didn't get any exotics or extra besides the armor core.

Did everything on my Titan, he is a level 33 now. Trying to rush and do it on my hunter and warlock now.

How do I get etheric light? Does it drop in the match made version of PoE? I notice it only says under the level 34 PoE... but that would be silly.

I got one as a NF reward. Completed the lvl 28 MM PoE as well, but didn't see it drop there. Ofcourse I did it only once, so I don't know if it is in the loot table there, but my guess is that it will drop on higher levels only.

Don't you get one for beating the boss?
And only need another if you want to do it before reset?

Nope. I did the level 28/32 one and didn't receive a key. The 28 one I can understand, but the 32 one just baffled me.

So the only way to get that key is by either finishing the story mission, or farming them. Meaning it's a bunch of bullshit.

Kyne

Don't you get one for beating the boss?
And only need another if you want to do it before reset?

Apparently not. At least it's not guaranteed.

The real question is whether or not you can run it again to see if you'll get another chance to obtain a key.

If not, being driven out of the POSSIBILITY of getting an exotic/legendary piece of gear would be incredibly stupid of Bungie.

Can you imagine not getting a key after running 32/34/35 all thanks to RNG?

Nope. I did the level 28/32 one and didn't receive a key. The 28 one I can understand, but the 32 one just baffled me.

So the only way to get that key is by either finishing the story mission, or farming them. Meaning it's a bunch of bullshit.

That is a bunch of bullshit. Contrary to what many on GAF like I hate farming.

This is a lot of fun though, the new content is brilliant.

Oh and I hear N0ob got a Horn!

sheep_2724972b.jpg

I tried to see how it looked on you N0ob but I can't tell. I mean you and all the rest of Baahorn GAF look the same.

SHEEP! The lot of you, SHEEP!!!

that second quest though

petra sending us on errands

on the other hand, bungie gives you a low intensity breather to try out this new gun. kinda smart tbh

stb

2 questions:
1) is it a bad idea to have my level 21 hunter decode all my blue engrams?
2) if you have a "spare" key, you still have to re-run the 32+ POE to use it? You don't just get 2 rolls from the big chest?

HoW gave me a Key in the Queen Package you receive on your first visit to The Reef, awesome!

Now I'm debating if I should shard "Knucklehead Radar". I only have a Titan and its be nice to ascend my "Glasshouse".

Any thoughts? Is Knucklehead pretty for a hunter legendary?

KyleP29

Unfortunately it seems that those keys literally make or break the DLC. It's pointless to do an arena unless you have that key.

And with my terrible success farming 0 keys all weekend, you can bet im not going to be out farming keys so i can can grab my loot from PoE..... which means prison of elders will be over for me pretty quick.

hope this is not the case because otherwise HoW is impressing me.

Trakan

So the POE rewards seem weird.

We beat the level 28 one and I got a legendary fusion.

2nd person got a Legendary Queen's sniper and an exotic.

3rd person said he used a key and got a legendary fusion and a horn.

???

HoW gave me a Key in the Queen Package you receive on your first visit to The Reef, awesome!

Now I'm debating if I should shard "Knucklehead Radar". I only have a Titan and its be nice to ascend my "Glasshouse".

Knucklehead is pretty wicked if you dig the radar perk. Kinda fun.

Glasshouse? Come one you don't want to be like all the other Titans and roll with Helm of someone or something 14?

I disagree

And I disagree with you. Once you get the gear Variks has to offer, then the weapon cores become useless(The gambling mechanic only deals with the PoE gear, not exotics or other legendaries.) And you can only get ship/shader tokens through the key chest as well.

Meaning that if you want anything aside from the core shit, you have to farm alot.

chewydogg

I'm jealous of all if you playing right now, I won't get to okay until later tonight. Hoping to get through 3x nightfalls before I fall asleep.

Mindlog

I disagree
Agreed.
I really like raids, but PoE brings important diversity to PvE offerings. It's a lot of fun. We flew threw the missions at a pretty good clip. I flawlessed the 1st level of PoE :D

Overall pretty satisfied with this DLC on first impression. Even the recycled areas lend themselves better to being played in new and interesting ways. I really liked the first story mission even though I've been through there countless times.

No Etheric Light for me yet, but two armor drops that were +Int/Disc - HandCannons. Thank you very much game.

Kyne

So the POE rewards seem weird.

We beat the level 28 one and I got a legendary fusion.

2nd person got a Legendary Queen's sniper and an exotic.

3rd person said he used a key and got a legendary fusion and a horn.

???

Did the 2nd person get it from clearing the event or opening a chest?

It's also worth noting that you can get inside to get to the chest with a key (if you have additional keys) AND NOT have to run the 32-35 to do so.

If what you're saying about guy number 3 is correct.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Exotic Shards eventually just aren't that hard to come by, I wouldn't shard any uniques.
And I disagree with you. Once you get the gear Variks has to offer, then the weapon cores become useless(The gambling mechanic only deals with the PoE gear, not exotics or other legendaries.) And you can only get ship/shader tokens through the key chest.

Meaning that if you want anything aside from the core shit, you have to farm alot.
if I disagree with you you actually disagree with me by definition!

vctor182

It's useful if you do ADS a lot and your primary doesn't have Third Eye

Wallach

Man, did I lose a key there too? That's butts.

I main hunter and love Knucklehead Radar. It's one of the top hunter exotics in my opinion. Obviously if your favorite primary has third eye it's less useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom