• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it confirmed that you don't have to have PoE unlocked to play if someone else in your Fireteam has it unlocked?

Not sure if I feel like running through the story missions again tonight before I attempt another run through the penitentiary.

Woohoo, got the hunter exotic helm from a legendary engram! Celestial Nighthawk.

Pics please!!!

Trakan

InfatuatedBrightAtlanticblackgoby.gif

I want it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Any recommended buys from the vanguard? I actually already have the 555-ALLFATE (from an engram), the Pest Control Matrix from a package, and Give/Take Equation from a crucible match.
Those were the three standouts, but they're actually all pretty good. Very balanced gear for rerolling. I guess if you have a preferred type you want to play around with, out of sniper, machine gun, scout, just get that one. :)

Vestian Dynasty is for free but you can still buy it? And is it called a sidearm instead of special weapon?
Yeah, looks like you can buy extras from petra if the need ever arises, lol.

It's a high RoF pistol that goes in the special slot.

Zoidberg

Worst change of the expac was removing yellow boxes around non-ascended stuff, it's killing me. We just got blackhammer fixed and the box is gone again....

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That scarab backstab hunter armor is nutso. can't believe I could make a legit stealth Gunslinger build. Must have it!

Zoidberg

I just did one of the daily queen bounties (Wanted: Queenbreaker Vandals) and got a token of flight upon killing the last enemy. For reference, they are inside the ship you go into for Winter's Run.

Shito

I'm fine with keys being a random rewards for chests, but who the fuck at Bungie thought it would be a good idea to give them as *random* rewards for story missions as well?
This makes no sense at all. Completing a mission should always give everyone the same rewards.
Oh well, at least it allowed my girlfriend to get one...

Wallach

Found time to do the 28 Prison of Elders.

My treasure chest at the end gave me the Wolves' Bane MG (which doesn't look too hot)... and No Land Beyond.

Thanks for the Exotic Shard, I guess.

LiK

Story done. Meh, just as I expected. No better than Crota story missions. Short and straightforward with some novel parts. New Strike is the highlight.

EL CUCO

First time starting up Density today.

I'm gonna run these story missions solo with the volume up, nice and slow. Going to give Bungle the benefit of doubt that this will be better story telling than the previous attempts.

DNAbro

First time starting up Density today.

I'm gonna run these story missions solo with the volume up, nice and slow. Going to give Bungle the benefit of doubt that this will be better story telling than the previous attempts.

well it tells a story and that's about it.

Just want to ask one more time if you have to do stories first to unlock PoE if someone else in your Fireteam has done them?

Our friend didn't do any of the story missions and played Prison of Elders with us. He couldn't skip to 32 so we did 28 again. The person who beat the story missions has to host.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Just finished my first PoE at Level 28. Got a Her Mercy (Queens Hand Cannon), Hawkmoon, a Legendary Scout Rifle, and a ton of other crap. I'd say a damn good payout for a low level PoE :D

Shito

Just finished my first PoE at Level 28. Got a Her Mercy (Queens Hand Cannon), Hawkmoon, a Legendary Scout Rifle, and a ton of other crap. I'd say a damn good payout for a low level PoE :D
So, using a key on the 28 PoE is similar to using one on the 32 version it seems?

DNAbro

Whelp I think I'm done for now. I enjoyed it, but I don't know how long this will last for me. I got Wticher 3 waiting so that's the rest of my night.

ocean

Banned
getting to 32 is gonna take forever.
You should be at Crucible mark cap no? 200 is enough for 2 pieces. Any ascended Exotic will add even more Light. You'd just need to grind Vanguard marks for one piece but that should be too bad right?

I got the Vanguard gauntlets for my Hunter. Intellect, Discipline, Hand Cannon reload, +36 Light right off the bat, so good <3

Well, did everything I can do for now. 28 Prison got me Red Death which I was excited about and a Her Courtesy shotgun. I've gotten 3 legendary sniper rifles, a handful of primaries and enough armor to get my warlock to 32. And now I'm done with the PvE content.

Still waiting to do 32+ Prison, but it wasn't anything too special. Exactly what i had expected from watching the previews. More of the same, with some objectives thrown in now. Blah, Prison is a snore fest but I can't wait to get in on Trials. That's where this expansion will really begin ;D

blackjaw

Did 28 Poe and got a Suros the first time. Did it again on same character to help a friend and got a Monte Carlo?

Opened the big chest the first time, didn't have another key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom