• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a token of judgement which allows one to trade for a cloak, bond, or mark from variks. It's a legendary drop. Got it randomly from doing wanted bounties.

Phew completed PoE 34. Round 4 is no joke.

17690718910_3f08380a0b_c.jpg

sorry if this has been asked, but i'm confused by the new vendor/drop armor — it starts at light 36 but only has a couple of bubbles and doesn't state an upper end. is there no way to boost the light by upgrading? if so, how much to, and if not, does it mean you can't level up past 32 with regular gear?

just wondering what to do with vanguard marks.

Zoidberg

For those wondering, casket mag, the new field scout for heavy machine guns increased my mag size from 33 to 40. It doesn't hold anymore ammo in reserve, simply increases the mag size by 7...

sorry if this has been asked, but i'm confused by the new vendor/drop armor — it starts at light 36 but only has a couple of bubbles and doesn't state an upper end. is there no way to boost the light by upgrading? if so, how much to, and if not, does it mean you can't level up past 32 with regular gear?

just wondering what to do with vanguard marks.

you need 1 etheric light to upgrade any legendary gear to 42 light

for exotic all you need is an exotic shard

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Phew, all done and I should've been asleep 2 hours ago :)

Thanks Destiny GAF!

I think it'll take a week or two for this to settle down before I really know what to make of it.

Kill em dead, you students and non-EU timezones!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
3x Icebreaker
3x Horns
3x Hawkmoon
3x Vex
PT
Thunderlord

Those are the ones I got to 365 immediately along with all necessary gear like Saint helm. Still have 30+ shards left and all the remaining exotics but I'm more focused on trying to get new stuff and seeing how good they are. The grind is back.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
okay, so you can't buy your way to levelling up then.

guess i'll be at 31 for longer than i figured! doesn't seem like much reason to get vendor armor any more.

It's worth hitting 32 through some combo of CE, new vendor, or Ascended gear in some way, for a lot of different content.

destinyplanner.apphb.com can help

i never understood the continued hate for dinklebot after the alpha. he's no cortana, but he has his own quirks and generally fits the mood of destiny well, especially when he's being morbidly sarcasting. he needed better dialogue (in this game, who didnt) but i like his role.

this variks fallen dude though is just terrible. its like listening to an old guy while he's having a stroke. i dread hearing that every time the strike pops up

jett

D-Member
You sure? My exotic armor still requires a shitload of mats.

What, you mean the spirit blooms and shit? That's something else. When you dismantle purple armor you get shards, or at least you did before HoW, I dunno what you get when you "shard" HoW armor.

rNilla

i never got the hate for dinklebot. he's no cortana, but he has his own quirks and generally fits the mood of destiny well, especially when he's being morbidly sarcasting. he needed better dialogue (in this game, who didnt) but i like his role.

this variks fallen dude though is just terrible. its like listening to an old guy while he's having a stroke. i dread hearing that every time the strike pops up

if there was a ghost shell to replace dinklebot with variks I would

patchday

What, you mean the spirit blooms and shit? That's something else. When you dismantle purple armor you get shards, or at least you did before HoW, I dunno what you get when you "shard" HoW armor.

yeah the preexisting exotics all still have the bloated armor mat reqs. I got a few that didn't get around to maxing out (so I can still see they clearly have the same hideous reqs)

BokehKing

Banned
Just got the vestian dynasty as a quest reward (sweet)

So I'm about to call the girlfriend but after that I want to knock out a few more story missions if anyone is interested?

Homeboyd

1 etheric light away from 34.

Got the nothing manacles and etheric light from nfs. 3rd was a legendary engram that decrypted into a new p&t. Pretty good drops.

patchday

oh I get you now. I thought when purps got dismantled they gave up titan plate armor, wires for hunters, etc. That never was the case? lol I cant recall now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom