• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
lol, can solo wolves bosses with this perk
CFaWvodUsAErifG.jpg:large

I agree, they've not explained it very well at all. Perhaps they should have explained it during that stream rather than have Broman yell for 2 hours.

Hopefully they write a blog post clearing things up

Not even clear things up on how to get them.

They need to explain what they were going for. They wanted to eliminate the grind, but all they accomplished in doing was changing the grind from one thing, and moving it to the keys to actually get gear from PoE.

Almost finished my 3x: HoW story, NF, and PoE 28 + 32.

Good grinding day. Won't be playing anything tomorrow, going to go walk around the city and relax.

border

They need to explain what they were going for. They wanted to eliminate the grind, but all they accomplished in doing was changing the grind from one thing, and moving it to the keys to actually get gear from PoE.

They never wanted to eliminate the grind. Even prior to release you kind of knew you were going to be grinding for Etheric Light and/or Light-42 gear. The difference is that you are now guaranteed progression-related drops on a weekly basis, unlike the raid where it was possible to do it once a week and come away with nothing but shards.

Agent

Starting up a Nightfall run. Planning on doing it twice if anyone also wanted to do it multiple times. Join in. PSN: phantom8324

1 space open

They never wanted to eliminate the grind. Even prior to release you kind of knew you were going to be grinding for Etheric Light and/or Light-42 gear. The difference is that you are now guaranteed progression-related drops on a weekly basis, unlike the raid where it was possible to do it once a week and come away with nothing but shards.

That's the funny part, atleast you got shards which were moderately useful. Now you what, get a *CHANCE* at getting some token bullshit from the small chests with an extremely small chance of getting the Key? Atleast doing an HM Crota I get a chance at a weapon and exotic, and shards that I could use. The small chests give planet mats(lol) strange coins or motes of lights....sometimes, rarely they'll give a token for a ship/shader, but those are nothing but trash.

BondFancy

Apologies, i hadn't seen anyone say they got a drop from the PoE chest. Good to know it can happen though.
I'm interested to see what the drop rate for them is, and if Bungie is going to give us one a week or something to that effect, or if we can only get them from RNGesus.

border

That's the funny part, atleast you got shards which were moderately useful. Now you what, get a *CHANCE* at getting some token bullshit from the small chests with an extremely small chance of getting the Key? Atleast doing an HM Crota I get a chance at a weapon and exotic, and shards that I could use. The small chests give planet mats(lol) strange coins or motes of lights....sometimes, rarely they'll give a token for a ship/shader, but those are nothing but trash.

The guaranteed Armor Core from PoE-32 can be traded in for a piece of Light-42 armor. Variks will give you gauntlets for it today. Most people will be able to reach the new level cap within 3 weeks guaranteed, probably within 2. You couldn't say that about Crota's End.

Messiek

The key comes from completing challenges outside of the Prison. You get one for beating all the story missions.

I think you only get 1 a week your first run, since we had to do lvl 28 that was your 1 key for the week

You don't get keys from completing it, you get them from the Wolves chests out in patrol

We didn't get a key from 28 or 32. In a video everyone got a key at the end. Did anyone got a key at the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom