• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your first assumption is correct

The Former. If you''re wearing Dead Orbit it goes to Dead Orbit and so on and so forth. Also the rep gain is affected by Nightfall.

Faction items work with them, used them to pop my levels over the theshold for items.
Cool. Thanks guys.
You can literally just run through the story missions. Just did that for kicks.
I will probably be doing this for my other characters. I took the time to explore and shit with my hunter, so I don't feel the need to do it again.

two things just dawned on me:

-players picking up a game of the year edition of destiny including both expansions will be getting a fairly solid game. the only outstanding criticism will be the poor story and mission structure. if bungie reworked the missions someway though, house of wolves would actually be a very good tie in for the vault of glass. players in this situation would be missing out on the mystery and the journey to reaching this point as far as changes to the game goes, but they'll reap the benefits

-as for the point about mission structure, i really don't think comet is going to be any different. we'll get more missions sure, and they'll likely be in completely different locations, so that'll be nice for a change. perhaps that'll let bungie expand their length so they aren't confined to small rooms and strike missions backwards like they are now. but i'm no longer optimistic about this aspect of the game improving significantly until the sequel. i'm nothing if not impressed they even managed to salvage what was in there. i think the format is frankly garbage and i would have thrown it out before reaching mass out.

designing a narrative-based game around loot but failing to deliver on the former both in story telling and in mission design is a pitfall bungie easily be able to dig themselves out of.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
it's actually even worse than CE's "story".

really can't agree with that. i liked HoW a lot. the last story missions in particular were dope

I was running that bit with the Oracles solo omg never expected to be in the vault of glass lol

LiK

Heavily disagree with that.

Going to have to disagree with you there.
Eris was better than dinklage
But comparing the missions from HoW And CE

The HoW ones blow it away

I was super bored by it. they tried to spice up the dialogue but in terms of a story, it wasn't remotely as interesting as Crota and the Hive to me,

really can't agree with that. i liked HoW a lot. the last story missions in particular were dope

I was running that bit with the Oracles solo omg never expected to be in the vault of glass lol

It had some good areas which were novel. Wouldve been better if it ended with a raid. The final mission was anticlimactic.

The Dark Below was a barebones revenge story. Eris and her team didn't have gallys and wiped, so they sent us to take out Crota's henchmen before ending him.

The House of Wolves has stronger roots in the lore and at least attempts to piece together all the Fallen houses, including the reason for the Queen, the Reef and the Awoken's refuge there. It's a much more ambitious tale, but as I said earlier the format of the game is holding it back.

BokehKing

Banned
How did some of you get that red emblem?

I got every emblem but that one (though I think the 3 emblems I did get today are the best ones in the game, especially that last one after bearing the story)

Big Brett

Hey guys, just got Destiny on Xbox One, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit! Though it's quite lonely haha. I'd love to join in with some people who might be willing to help me learn the ropes.

I'm a level 6 Warlock right now. my GT is BRETT McBAM if you want to play! :) Would love to play with some GAFers

Rehsa

Got the new Titan helm from last NF, I guess not a total waste considering a crap rocket launcher and coins my first two.

The mission structure is fucked do to how small each world is. They screwed themselves hard, because of that.

Tho most MMO style games do tons of back tracking. But they get away with it, because they have more content. HoW is a good start imo. They'll get there.

In conclusion I blame last gen.

Tawpgun

I was super bored by it. they tried to spice up the dialogue but in terms of a story, it wasn't remotely as interesting as Crota and the Hive to me,

It had some good areas which were novel. Wouldve been better if it ended with a raid. The final mission was anticlimactic.

Interesting.

I found the HoW story line much more interesting. The missions were better too

How did some of you get that red emblem?

I got every emblem but that one (though I think the 3 emblems I did get today are the best ones in the game, especially that last one after bearing the story)

I got it from doing the six day bounties released before HoW. I don't know if you can still get it.

The mission structure is fucked do to how small each world is. They screwed themselves hard, because of that.

Tho most MMO style games do tons of back tracking. But they get away with it, because they have more content.

yea. this shouldn't have been on last gen. it's the mistake that only an amazing sequel will be able to erase

DY_nasty

^lmao @ no gallys

bet they ran with ARs too

all good

@bolded - i mean... raid would've been nice for some, but i hate raids - and i'm loving the fact that endgame content isn't exclusive to raiding for once.

besides, the fallen raided two places before the events in HoW takes place. clearly we're falling behind

LiK

The Dark Below was a barebones revenge story. Eris and her team didn't have gallys and wiped, so they sent us to take out Crota's henchmen before ending him.

The House of Wolves has stronger roots in the lore and at least attempts to piece together all the Fallen houses, including the reason for the Queen, the Reef and the Awoken's refuge there. It's a much more ambitious tale, but as I said earlier the format of the game is holding it back.

Tho most MMO style games do tons of back tracking. But they get away with it, because they have more content. HoW is a good start imo. They'll get there.

I agree with both of you. Destiny 2 awaits! But for now, we got PVP and arenas at least.

Anyway, I'll settle for being in the minority about HoW's story

DY_nasty

new cryptarch comes off like that cool ass intern that doesn't care if you sign out equipment or not lol
But they were on it for an hour D:

getting to the final boss is harder than anything i'd imagine. those 4th rounds are brutal

They did it better this time telling the story in-game. But a lot of it is still on the Grimiore cards. Whoever writes these cards needs to make a Destiny book. I would buy it in a heart beat.

The story is slowly coming together. Its just being told in the wrong area sadly.

The Grimiore has a place. But Destiny 2 better not be like this again. I'd rather just read Destiny wiki then and not spend $60.

KyleP29

Nah I don't think anybody expected a key everytime, that'd be way too much. Most people were expecting to get one key the first time you do each mode (32, 34, 35) per week, or even just one guarunteed key from the first mode you do per week. Then after that if you wanted to open more chests on consecutive runs you'd have to get keys from other ways. The way it is now, if you went into PoE without any keys and didn't get one from the final boss, you just wouldn't be able to get any loot from the big chest at the end. That's pretty stupid IMO.

yea pretty much sucks. I used 1 key on the level 28 got an exotic, have 1 ore key and ran it on 32 but wanted to save my last key for lvl 34 and see if theres a difference in loot table so i just grabbed the 2 side chests.....4 strange coins for my effort clearing PoE on 32. I think thats even worse than an all shards raid run.

Not sure i even want to spend the armor core on those gloves since its all strength. Then again with etheric light and all the future weeks getting armor cores maybe its best to just grab them to get the level up knowing i will eventually replace them.

CLBridges

Anybody wanna run PoE lvl 32 or need one spot to fill...PSN: GhostFaceDon

I think I'll be done with Destiny for the day after I get this done, phew lol.

So, I haven't done the story missions. Just the Nightfall x3 and checking out the Reef social.

The new moon strike was very enjoyable. Nice difficulty spike in the walker room, but manageable.

New items thus far:

Sawtooth Oscillator: Void Legendary Machine Gun; Spray and Play, Injection Mold, Rodeo (Makes for a fairly accurate high RoF with respectable impact)

Give/Take Equation: Void Legendary Fusion Rifle; Hip Fire; Injection Mold/Snapshot; Hot Swap (Incredible impact and stability, but charge rate makes it questionable for PvP play that the 'mods' are geared towards)

Amplified Geo-D6: Solar Legendary Sniper Rifle; Mulligan, Armor Piercing/Hand-laid stock, Replenish (Fairly well-rounded, but nothing remarkable either)

Elector's Casque: Legendary Titan helmet; Momentum Transfer, Quintessence Transfer (Discipline focused abilities)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom