• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucyou55

Banned
man, after playing destiny daily from 9/9 on launch to february, then taking a break, I didnt read anything about HoW, just did the missions and i got giddy as shit when i realized
i was going into the vault of glass

I need to beat these missions to unlock PoE, bah

Do the faction vendor weapons and armour change? Only recently got into PVP so not had chance to rank the factions up too much. Want to get my hands on that Dead Orbit scout rifle and worried I'll miss it...

Owensboro

Total new player question: Are you guaranteed an epic or legendary from doing raid bosses? I remember people complaining about not getting anything from those as well. If not, then you probably shouldn't be guaranteed a key, as the chest always gives you purple or gold gear. Otherwise, the chest would have to be set to not guarantee anything in order to match the raids (or does it already not? I have no idea.)

At least, that's why I imagine it's set that way.

Has anyone NOT gotten an exotic out of the big/key PoE chest? i.e. is an exotic guaranteed from it?

An exotic isn't guaranteed except for maybe your first run. Out of six pulls, I've gotten two exotics. Queen's legendaries do seem to be a certain drop.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Total new player question: Are you guaranteed an epic or legendary from doing raid bosses? I remember people complaining about not getting anything from those as well. If not, then you probably shouldn't be guaranteed a key, as the chest always gives you purple or gold gear. Otherwise, the chest would have to be set to not guarantee anything in order to match the raids (or does it already not? I have no idea.)

At least, that's why I imagine it's set that way.
You are guaranteed a weapon drop your first time completing Crota's End. You are not guaranteed any drop at all from further completions in either raid, including, of course, armor drops tied to progression. You are guaranteed a drop in that vein from the PoE completion each week even without anything having to do with the keys/chest. You can also attain the "raid-like" key/chest drops without forming a fireteam at all via the 28 matchmaking. It's a tough situation to compare.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
You'll be fine.

Pro Tips:

Round 4 and 5 - ALWAYS take down the wizards and ogres Itas soon as you see them, make sure to use call outs.

Round 5 - Set recovery attribute to Max.

Warlocks - Use Angel Of Light to stay off the floor.

Hunter - Use your double jump right before you touch the floor

Titan - God help you. I used increased height and my bubble with Armor of light with things got sticky.

It's really not that hard though.

I'm a Titan at the moment. God help us all.

Ghallerhorn wasn't the first thing you thought of to upgrade? :O

My Titan helm was prettier.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Seriously though someone give me something to buy with crucible marks. What's decent? D;
If you mean the regular Crucible vendor, everything's decent-ish, they're just sort of boring and don't really stand out perkwise. I think the sniper is probably the best buy out of the box.

If you include the factions, there's tons of good stuf. Off the top of my head, the Dead Orbit scout looks like a ton of fun, the FWC Hand Cannon, New Monarchy sniper.
Guaranteed after a 28 run or through every version?
Your first "key usage." I can't imagine it matters much but maybe there is something you can get ONLY by using a key on the 35 chest? We don't know yet.

Namikaze1

Queen's Gear
4 Sniper Rifles
3 Pulse Rifles
1 Shotgun
1 Fusion Rifle
1 Rocket Launcher

Prison of Elder stuff
1 Treasure Key
2 Token of Flight
2 Token of whatever gives you the class item

Exotic drop
Hard Light
Truth
The Fourth Horseman
Dragon's Breath

WipedOut

Can you not get firefly on a sniper anymore? I've tried and tried but have never seen it roll. Picked up the queens rifle and want to get a firefly roll on it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well since you had to do the 28 to unlock everything, I'm assuming after at least one run of any version per week. So only one exotic per character
I don't know about that, I figured it was more along the lines of the first-time-CE completion reward, but I guess we'll see.

Just got this little guy, think I'll keep it. Don't even have to reforge.

Nice! I reforged mine a couple of times but ended up with: Final Round, Armor Piercing / High Caliber / Braced Frame and Counter Balance.

I wanted to get something to help with the range, but I'm pretty satisfied with that roll.

jett

D-Member
A treasure key gave me a Red Death and a Her Right Hand. That's cool, I guess.

And hey, newly acquired exotics don't need to be ascended.

Homeboyd

A treasure key gave me a Red Death and a queen's right arm. That's cool, I guess.

And hey, newly acquired exotics don't need to be ascended.
Well it's the same process as before (you have to dump a ton of XP into it and use a shard on the final node) to get it to 365. Vs just using a shard to ascend an already maxed exotic.

Aka, if it's a dupe, it's better to ascend your old exotic than your new one if your old one already has xp dumped into it.

Namikaze1

You know what I hate? Seeing a Gear's icon onscreen showing it has unlocked a bubble only to chek it still needs half a bubble to go. Been seeing it a lot for my HoW gear.

Nori Chan

Well it's the same process as before (you have to dump a ton of XP into it and use a shard on the final node) to get it to 365. Vs just using a shard to ascend an already maxed exotic.

Aka, if it's a dupe, it's better to ascend your old exotic than your new one if your old one already has xp dumped into it.

Yup, I figured that was the case so I did that. Still got to get a million exotic shards from Xur this weekend though.

mfw he sells etheric light: :0

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I got one from a rank-up. I rolled it to Third Eye and Army of One, but I'm not sold. You looking for anything in particular?
I'm no pulse aficionado. But one that randomly dropped for me has this
CFdwpYVUMAAi8z8.jpg:large
Sounds pretty good to me based on my experience with them, lol

jett

D-Member

Yea, but I thought they wouldn't come pre-ascended. :p Gonna try Red Death on Crucible.

So how what's the treasure key process? How do you get 'em, aside from farming the wolves?

-griffy-

Banned
So what's the exact deal with the new Public Events alerts? Is it just alerting you there's an event happening in an adjacent zone, or is it alerting you there's an event happening/about to happen somewhere on the planet overall? I've seen my current zone darken, and then I travel to an adjacent zone and a public event is in progress, and another time my current zone darkened and I traveled to an adjacent zone and an even started within 30 seconds.

Whatever the change holy shit is it a good one. Makes patrol way more lively, makes getting that 3 public events bounty not a completely random chore, etc.

If you mean the regular Crucible vendor, everything's decent-ish, they're just sort of boring and don't really stand out perkwise. I think the sniper is probably the best buy out of the box.

If you include the factions, there's tons of good stuf. Off the top of my head, the Dead Orbit scout looks like a ton of fun, the FWC Hand Cannon, New Monarchy sniper.

Your first "key usage." I can't imagine it matters much but maybe there is something you can get ONLY by using a key on the 35 chest? We don't know yet.

I don't have any keys :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So what's the exact deal with the new Public Events alerts? Is it just alerting you there's an event happening in an adjacent zone, or is it alerting you there's an event happening/about to happen somewhere on the planet overall? I've seen my current zone darken, and then I travel to an adjacent zone and a public event is in progress, and another time my current zone darkened and I traveled to an adjacent zone and an even started within 30 seconds.

Whatever the change holy shit is it a good one. Makes patrol way more lively, makes getting that 3 public events bounty not a completely random chore, etc.
Nothing about this is new, lol. :D

You're alerted if there is an event either happening or about to start in the zone you're currently in... maybe in an adjacent zone if you're close enough to the edge.
I don't have any keys :(
I just mean whenever you use your first one, that's seemingly the guaranteed exotic, regardless of what level PoE you're in. Did you do all the Queen's Bounties and Story missions? I got 2 that way.

I wonder if Queen's Wrath and House of Judgment give out reward packages after level 3.

-griffy-

Banned
Nothing about this is new, lol. :D

You're alerted if there is an event either happening or about to start in the zone you're currently in... maybe in an adjacent zone if you're close enough to the edge.

No, I've been fully in my zone a few times now, and the screen has darkened like a public event is happening, only it's brief and nothing actually appears in my current zone. Then when I travel to another zone I find that the event is happening there. I've never seen that happen before Tuesday.

It seems they've widened the public event alert so it doesn't just appear in the zone the event appears in, but in other zones so you have a chance to race and find it. I'm just not sure if it's only alerting adjacent zones or the entire world map when an event happens.

spyder_ur

Any recommended rolls for the Queen's machine gun, Wolves Bane? Or the launcher for that matter? I'm gonna go crazy with them after work.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No, I've been fully in my zone a few times now, and the screen has darkened like a public event is happening, only it's brief and nothing actually appears in my current zone. Then when I travel to another zone I find that the event is happening there. I've never seen that happen before Tuesday.

It seems they've widened the public event alert so it doesn't just appear in the zone the event appears in, but in other zones so you have a chance to race and find it. I'm just not sure if it's only alerting adjacent zones or the entire world map when an event happens.
oh okay, guess I haven't seen this yet! Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom