• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lima

This DLC is the epitome of throw Gjallarhorn at it until it dies. Also the sheer thought of seeing those same arenas is breaking me. I can't even muster up enough will to play 34 again cause it's so boring.

I played this game pretty much every single day since it came out but damn I would rather take another Crota raid than this. I might just only check out Trials and play some sweaties here and there. The PVE part can suck it as far as I am concerned. They really blew it.

Nori Chan

I tried retooling the Jolder's hammer like 40 times and I didn't see field scout at all. I doubt I'm just unlucky or maybe Lord Salad has certain perks behind him?

I think the part I thought was the coolest moment when doing all the new story missions in the HoW was:

Spoiler for stuff at end:
At the very end when talking to Petra, she mentions doing stuff on Jupiter. I was really excited about Jupiter/Europa prior to release, hopefully that stuff wasn't totally scrapped, and we'll eventually see it in Destiny 2

Now that I think about, that really shouldn't be someone's best moment...well, I thought it was cool.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Any recommended rolls for the Queen's machine gun, Wolves Bane? Or the launcher for that matter? I'm gonna go crazy with them after work.
Here's the MG stuff to play with

http://www.destinydb.com/items/4026257891-wolves-bane

It's like a stronger Swarm without the stability, so I'd say either Counterbalance or Rodeo would be huge for it.

Counterbalance and Rangefinder or
Surplus and Rodeo

would be pretty sweet.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Vault space is absolutely at the top of the list again. In light of the new reward schedule I feel inundated with new useful gear, very little of which I want to dismantle before at least playing around with it. I've already dismantled some old stuff that I wasn't particularly attached to in light of finding rerollable replacements, but very soon I'm going to start having to make terrible decisions if we don't get something to alleviate the space situation.

Max Light is 42.

Right there with you Hawkian. I don't even know what to get rid of now. Guess I'll start with all dupes???? :(

SkylineRKR

I tried retooling the Jolder's hammer like 40 times and I didn't see field scout at all. I doubt I'm just unlucky or maybe Lord Salad has certain perks behind him?

Hmm, if its gone then JH is rather worthless. Go for it at all costs. Yesterday it was pure dominance with JH, that thing is so good with smooth ballistics+field scout+crowd control.

spyder_ur

I don't think Field Scout exists anymore, there is some similar perk that you can roll.

I didn't even know you could reroll IB weapons? I thought it was only HoW legendaries?

th3dude

Was very pleased with how easily I hit level 32 last night as someone who took a ton of time off.

Ascended my legendary helmet
Purchased Vanguard gauntlets
Used currency exchange to finish upgrading my TDB boots and chest

Now I'm 32 exactly and ready for all the new content and PoE

Lima

Field scout is not a thing for heavy MG's anymore. There is casket or whatever which lowers stability and something else I think. But no field scout.

SkylineRKR

I don't think Field Scout exists anymore, there is some similar perk that you can roll.

I didn't even know you could reroll IB weapons? I thought it was only HoW legendaries?

You can, they were the first that popped up at my gunsmith since Efrideet is glued in my special slot. But all of mine are perfect rolls, I won't make a mistake there.

Ouch, with casket the stability takes a hit. Sound bad.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Was a surprise to me actually, but it does work
CFbS8CXVAAAh0p7.jpg:large
any generation. Pretty cool.

Got incredibly lucky with my re-rolls for JH prior to the HoW release.

Counterbalance, Field Scout, Feeding Frenzy. The only thing I wish was different was the elemental damage, didn't want solar damage....but that roll is insane.

And it only took 10 total motes.

You know what I hate? Seeing a Gear's icon onscreen showing it has unlocked a bubble only to chek it still needs half a bubble to go. Been seeing it a lot for my HoW gear.
Thought it was only me. I get the pop up saying that the gear got a upgrade unlocked only to see that the bubble is only half way filled.

i dont like prison of elders at all

- the environments make no sense. you're either running around after being overwhelmed or holding up head glitching the one safe wall. the only good one to me is the fallen one because there is a lot of geometry to play around. but it's all randomly thrown about.
- the fallen dude is obnoxious and repetitive and i had enough of him by the second play through. "kill them dead" - give me a break
- the modifiers barely make a difference
- objectives are lazily tacked on. why do i have to randomly defuse mines? what does that do for the waves of adds? nothing. it's an arbitrary difficulty increase to make it different from a strike
- but it really isnt. you have one (maybe two) bosses at the end and then you get loot. it otherwise didnt make me think anymore than i do when im half asleep during omnigul
- fuck cabal

the treasure room is the highlight. it's nice to have good loot drops at the end of all this, but the slog to it bores me.

and that's because it's way too easy. i have to be 2 levels under to feel like im being challenged, but at that point it's bordering on impossible unless you spec your ass off with weapons and class perks and find the best cheese spots

now this is obviously a premature "review" after like a handful of games so take it with a grain of glimmer. i just expected something raid level and i feel like this is a another undercooked activity. at least it's not another crota.

SkylineRKR

Got incredibly lucky with my re-rolls for JH prior to the HoW release.

Counterbalance, Field Scout, Feeding Frenzy. The only thing I wish was different was the elemental damage, didn't want solar damage....but that roll is insane.

And it only took 10 total motes, 5 rolls.

Solar here too, lol.

I actually wanted Solar. As Thunderlord is Arc and Corrective is Void. I think JH is the best. It shoots so fucking perfect.

vctor182

Completed 1 nightfall with my hunter and finally got Lucky Raspberry! his pre-HoW exotics is now complete! That strike is awesome btw.

There's so much to do now it's a little overwhelming.

Nothing about this is new, lol. :D

You're alerted if there is an event either happening or about to start in the zone you're currently in... maybe in an adjacent zone if you're close enough to the edge.

I just mean whenever you use your first one, that's seemingly the guaranteed exotic, regardless of what level PoE you're in. Did you do all the Queen's Bounties and Story missions? I got 2 that way.

I wonder if Queen's Wrath and House of Judgment give out reward packages after level 3.

Did not finish the story missions. I did do her preview missions but only got mats in the package.

Wilde

So are there not any Queen's class items in the DLC then? I especially wish I could get the Hunter cloak I missed out on, so it's weird that Petra just doesn't have any.

Maybe they'll be a reward for reaching a certain rank.

No, I've been fully in my zone a few times now, and the screen has darkened like a public event is happening, only it's brief and nothing actually appears in my current zone. Then when I travel to another zone I find that the event is happening there. I've never seen that happen before Tuesday.

It seems they've widened the public event alert so it doesn't just appear in the zone the event appears in, but in other zones so you have a chance to race and find it. I'm just not sure if it's only alerting adjacent zones or the entire world map when an event happens.
Aha. I saw that yesterday but didn't understand it. Makes sense.

34 PoE was really fun. Round was a shit show that never lets up and Round 5 was great because the small changes in mechanics made it one of the most original fights in destiny.

I totally forgot to point something out!

I'm guessing that if you use 1 armor and 1 weapon core at Variks, you essentially open a treasure chest from him. Meaning, that not only equals a key, but also equals opening a completion big chest without actually doing the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom