• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalamari

Wait, you can reforge old IB weapons too? My IB scout rifle can have full auto??

Full auto is only in the perk pool for HoW weapons so far I think. You might be able to roll full auto on Ghaleon's Demise when it is next offered in IB.

Thread moving so fast, might need a another OT in the next few days.

Impala26

was a nice day.

Just seeing a lot of wank over the last page or so.

This is still an EXPANSION after all and not a sequel. I'm bewildered by the fact that people seem to think Bungie is gonna flat-out recode enemy AI and stuff and change how the game plays at a fundamental level.

Frankly I'm just happy PoE exists because it gives players more endgame activity to do besides the raids (not even sure the number anymore of unique Destiny players that have yet to complete a Raid, but I was told it's somewhere in the 80% ballpark).

I don't know how anyone can defend Crota anymore... it's sloppily designed and because of this it ends up breaking the fourth wall in terms of how it shows the way the enemy AI functions. It's also cheesed to death. I genuinely get no enjoyment out of this raid.

Vault is vault... it's still fun as hell to me BECAUSE it can't be easily cheesed or whatnot. To this day you still play it pretty much the way it was designed to be played.

4 Hours Later....
SKOLAS IS DEAD. Holy fucking shit. Great fucking game Unstable and Zocano. That was epic beyond belief, amazing clutch play by all.

CFd9Eg8UMAEkDgR.jpg:large

4 hours? Wow. How many horns did he take to die? :p

Congrats, now get some rest.

Just seeing a lot of wank over the last page or so.

This is still an EXPANSION after all and not a sequel. I'm bewildered by the fact that people seem to think Bungie is gonna flat-out recode enemy AI and stuff and change how the game plays at a fundamental level.

Frankly I'm just happy PoE exists because it gives players more endgame activity to do besides the raids (not even sure the number anymore of unique Destiny players that have yet to complete a Raid, but I was told it's somewhere in the 80% ballpark).

I don't know how anyone can defend Crota anymore... it's sloppily designed and because of this it ends up breaking the fourth wall in terms of how it shows the way the enemy AI functions. It's also cheesed to death. I genuinely get no enjoyment out of this raid.

Vault is vault... it's still fun as hell to me BECAUSE it can't be easily cheesed or whatnot. To this day you still play it pretty much the way it was designed to be played.

i like that we got something different this time around. i just wish it had some raid level mechanics.

Man, I feel so behind compared to all you guys...

Liking the story missions so far. I've been able to get through them at level 32 pretty easily, thanks to my upgraded Gjallarhorn and Obsidian Mind. Vestian Dynasty is a super fun weapon to use so far, great addition to the arsenal and I'm loving how quickly it's leveling up.

Anyway, this thread is moving so fast that this will get overlooked anyway, carry on!

BokehKing

Banned
This expansion is perfect for people put off by raiding, and can bring people back in, it's less of a grind

With that said, what are those other two locations in the reef? Looks like place holders?

Can we maybe get a raid surprise at e3?

Tawpgun

If you wanna know what Poe enemies are like in 35 as a 33 try and remember what it was like killing shit in hard mode Crota as a 32

border

I am a level 33 Hunter, looking to do PoE34.

Or I am a Level 32 Titan, looking to do PoE32. :)

PSN: border199x, available for the next hour or so.

nOoblet16

For what it's worth, they're the only hard part about it. Granted I was playing with strong players, but it just felt like a numbers game more than a strategy game. That isn't to say that it doesn't involve strategy. It just seemed like I was still being told what to do and wasn't being challenged to think outside of the box. I don't like when games throw me in dumb situations just for the sake of it.

Like the mines for example. They're literally only there to make you move out from your head glitching spot. These mechanics get on my nerves. If they were instead summoning more powerful enemies or turrets for the AI to use, then I'd be more pressed to go there. Say for example, if 3 summoning circles had to be destroyed simultaneously or a powerful Ogre would spawn. But insta wipes because it's absolutely stupid for me to jump into the middle of the Cabal and stand on a tiny circle? Okay.

Am not trying to say I wish I could camp a spot. But being forced to run around mindlessly while there are millions of adds flooding the room doesn't seem like good game design. Frankly it's probably why PvE players struggle in PvP. The game is teaching you to run around aimlessly.
Bungie's design philosophy makes no sense to me, I've been saying this for a whole now. I doubt they ever play their game on hard mode to see how stupid their design is...and this dates back to the days of Halo.

Bungie's design philosophy makes no sense to me, I've been saying this for a whole now. I doubt they ever play their game on hard mode to see how stupid their design is...and this dates back to the days of Halo.

The idea of throwing more enemies at players is fine, but balance it with good level design and mechanics.

By mechanics I mean class design and weapons. Bungie only dips their foot into the pool and throws enemies at you the harder the mode.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Destiny loses in the AI department compared to Halo, but that shipped sailed long ago. Partly probably because of cross-gen and enemy counts.

Bungie also stretched their good enemy design a bit thin across 4 races. I was hoping PoE would bring in some mixed race battles. The combat would be more intense if Bungie used the good enemy designs from each race mixed together. I shiver in a good way imagining fighting wizards, minotaurs, and shanks all together.

Destiny loses in the AI department compared to Halo, but that shipped sailed long ago. Partly probably because of cross-gen and enemy counts.

Bungie also stretched their good enemy design a bit thin across 4 races. I was hoping PoE would bring in some mixed race battles. The combat would be more intense if Bungie used the good enemy designs from each race mixed together. I shiver in a good way imagining fighting wizards, minotaurs, and shanks all together.

i was hoping to see some of the fallen fighting each other in the story missions

and what a twist it would have been if the queen's emissaries actually got out to fight in the last mission? nope, just their ship

mfn_pie

Trying to catch up with the thread, 11 pages to go. Finally got my Icebreaker. I've been wanting that since I first started playing. Did the Eye of a Gatelord bounty and used it exclusively for the mission. Took old boy down in 5 shots. Also picked up Dispatch I11, The Dreamwalker, and a set of guantlets after doing the story and PoE at level 28. Odd thing about the Icebreaker is that it doesn't have an ascend icon. Hoping for Black Hammer and the Gjally soon.

hydruxo

I like Prison of Elders for the most part, though I wish it was more randomized. I always wanted something more like Diablo 3's rifts for Destiny (randomized enemies, map layouts, bosses, loot). At the very least PoE is a step in the right direction, hopefully Bungie can expand off of this in Destiny 2 and make a similar mode that's more varied.

Zocano

I'm amazed they stuck an actual raid fight into the Prison. Real fun.

I'm sad that there aren't fights that are somewhat similar. Maybe with the more modular nature of PoE they can add that in.

Actually for the last mission why couldn't it have been an all out war? I mean we could have had the queen's army at our backs and there could have (should have) been a lot more fallen. I mean it even says the ENTIRE house was there... Didn't seem like the entire house to me

bitsurugi

PoE 35 down!

Had a great team and we did it in 1h and something (we were all 1st timers there).

WARNING - SGA: guys, spare a key for the 35 mode, the chest give shader, ship and emblem. I got ZERO keys, so no reward for me.

Also, my unlucky streak continues: bought 2 random packs, out of the whole miriade of options, i got two exact same armors, str roll, vex mobs, and shitty perks.

But at least Destiny Guardian edition is completed.

SkylineRKR

After 60 reforgers, I'm going to stick with this PVP Jolders Hammer:

Aggressive Bolistics
Rodeo
Field Scout
Grenadier (Kills reduce cool down)

and it's void. Thoughts guys?

Its a good roll as you'll be killing lots with HMG and grenadier is never bad on such weapons. I have pretty much that roll but then Crowd Control. I'd probably keep grenadier too if the rest rolled like it did. The problem is that if you try to chase something, you'll lose 2 great perks. If 75% is good, then keep (and in this case, Field scout is mandatory and Rodeo is really good). Thats how I roll anyway.

So does the Queen's Wrath/House of Jusgement emblems, marks, and shaders work like IB and give extra XP if you wear them? That would explain why I've seen a lot of people using the ugly ass Queen's stuff....

Trakan

Just re-rolled a Violator sniper with Ambush, Unflinching, Hidden Hand, and Hand Laid Stock for near max stability. Damn. I don't even want to know the odds of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom