• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
PoE would be a lot better if the rooms were open like the Fallen room.

I honestly don't mind the mines. It's just that there is too much junk lying around.

X-Frame

So what seems to be the best value in terms of the material exchange? What are most people using their Shards for?

I would think Motes would be more valuable than quick glimmer.

Dave_6

Actually for the last mission why couldn't it have been an all out war? I mean we could have had the queen's army at our backs and there could have (should have) been a lot more fallen. I mean it even says the ENTIRE house was there... Didn't seem like the entire house to me

I really think this title being cross-gen is holding it back, like ^ only being able to have so many enemies in an area, etc.

So basically now the only benefit of exotics are the special perks? Not that it makes them less special, but I love that it's more equalized, especially armor wise

zewone

PoE is a lot more fun than I imagined. I wish the challenges were random every time rather than every week. It would help the replay value a lot.

Can we invite someone for 34 poe from inside, or not?

You can but they have to join at VERY specific moments. For the last boss they have to spam join when the group starts the boss cutscene (the opening of the shell etc), not sure about other stages. You'll basically have to force a wipe and try to get the person to keep joining and let us know which part it lets them, I think another is the wipe countdown (3 seconds).

Omni

So Titans are pretty much the most useful class in PoE right now, yes?

After beating the level 34 one earlier, it seems like it would be exponentially harder without Titans. Or just incredibly dependant on luck... especially in that arc + hive section.

stb

I totally forgot to point something out!

I'm guessing that if you use 1 armor and 1 weapon core at Variks, you essentially open a treasure chest from him. Meaning, that not only equals a key, but also equals opening a completion big chest without actually doing the event.

If this is the case, it'd be a game-changer for the viability of PoE after the first month or two in the absence of guaranteed treasure keys. Buuuut, I'm skeptical.

Impala26

So, Variks voice actor is Dee Bradley Baker?

If so, that's flipping fantastic and goes a long way to explaining why he sounds so familiar.

And why Variks sounded almost like an evil character from the Avatar/Korra universe--the dude does like half of the minor character/animal voice roles in that overarching series.

Kalamari

HoW scout rifles no longer have Truesight or Sureshot IS, whereas Pulse rifles are guaranteed to have one or the other. The only options for IS on scouts is quickdraw or fast draw, which might be okay if you roll hidden hand, but that comes at the expense of firefly, third eye, zen moment, or outlaw. It seems pulse rifles might be the go-to for bad aimers like myself.

So Titans are pretty much the most useful class in PoE right now, yes?

After beating the level 34 one earlier, it seems like it would be exponentially harder without Titans. Or just incredibly dependant on luck... especially in that arc + hive section.

Not sure, all classes have their uses. Having just ran the 32 Poe I found my hunter invis build saving the day a lot. Soloing the mine objectives and reviving everyone. Not sure if 34 will let me run the same strat as a hunter but each class is going to have its used

It's the only way to make it challenging. Once you are 34 he goes down like a bitch to all those ghorns flying at him.

Unless you don't all have Horns, lol.

It's crazy how much of an outlier GH is, and how powerfully Bungie keeps driving this point home. First it was the huge, concentrated DPS for Crota shield breaks (Horn required all over Destiny LFG) and now the final HoW boss and only meaningful encounter design is completely centered around concentrated DPS for
solar burn.
I mean... Seriously? How much more can they overemphasize the Horn's importance?

4 hours? Wow. How many horns did he take to die? :p

Congrats, now get some rest.

Lol thanks dude. We actually had a run much earlier where we killed him but still wiped (don't ask haha)

nOoblet16

PoE would be annoying as fuck to play without titans. 3 titans make it quite a bit easy though...warlocks are easily at the most disadvantage out of the three because of their low mobility and low health. Hunters can at least go and hide, the only thing warlocks have going for them is self respect to prevent a wipe and even that doesn't really works as the warlock will die within a few seconds if he is the only one alive as all enemy fire will be concentrated on him.

You are only joinable in the 3 second window when you are wiping and the 3 second timer is counting down. Takes coordination.
This is wrong, you can join a game anytime. I quit a gamrto change characters in round 4 and I managed to join back from the menu and it even spawned me mid game in the arena as the round had already begun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom