• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need a Titan at all. Did L34 PoE with two Warlocks and one Hunter. It's the same tactic with whatever class you have in your team. You just generally all stick together in the room in the back left. Hop around like bunnies and just use your solar weapons on him. The only parts that's annoying is having to deal with the objectives in the previous rounds but that just requires you focusing on the enemies before heading to them.

Doesnt the lava floor kill you if you dont have a titan? It was hard as a hunter even with the titan bubble at least.

The objectives are quite easy I thought,just went invis and solo'd most of them. Take out the target in the Cabal room was a bitch though.

Not very impressed with Witcher to be honest.
Combat is clunky, the framrate sucks, and I can't read anything. I honestly don't think it looks very good either. PS4 by the way.

I agree on the combat. Souls has ruined action/rpg combat for everything, but it looks amazing. Witcher 3 is in a class of its own for open world games. Nothing comes close.

Please see an optometrist. Your eyes may need correction. :p

sorry raid group something came up. have to bail for now :(

was looking forward to sticking it in crotas end too. ill be back im a couple hours ir less

Maddocks

Personally my philosophy is to get to level 34 at all costs and then upgrade weapons, because level differences make a much larger difference than attack values. Fatebringer still wrecks 34 POE at 300 attack. The only way you can currently get etheric light is from 34/35 prison of elders which is guaranteed or randomly from nightfalls. When iron banner comes back you can also get it from that, I also think ToO can also get you it, don't quote me there.

awesome, thanks.

I agree on the combat. Souls has ruined action/rpg combat for everything, but it looks amazing. Witcher 3 is in a class of its own for open world games. Nothing comes close.

Off topic sorry Ghaleon! but yes combat is vastly improved compare to witcher 2 but souls/bloodborne combat ruins it for myself still. And I heard the consoles versions are a mess with poor fps
PC master race so no issues and game is great so far

I agree on I the combat. Souls has ruined action/rpg combat for everything, but it looks amazing. Witcher 3 is in a class of its own for open world games. Nothing comes close.

How can you read any of the text? I'm not the only one. There's a thread on it as well. Half the time I cant tell what loot I'm picking up.

i'm not having much fun with prison of elders :(

it goes from really easy to just downright annoying.. everyone hiding in a little tunnel from cabal enemies trying to pop out shots and waiting for heavy ammo synth to cool down.. its valus nightfall hide under the stairs all over again.. not fun

i mostly just want to get the loot and get the hell out of there.. but then what am i gonna use the loot for

Fucking randoms in PoE 28!

Got pushed off the first platform after dropping down for the treasure, died from the fall.
They proceed to open the chests, leaving me racing against the clock to get there, miss it by 1 second Grrrrr Rage!

They are right next to each other, so you have chances of hitting one right after finishing the first one.
I do love Skywatch, though, especially when the chest spawns right at the entrance: that makes it so you can easily open it 4 times.

1) They're fairly close to each other, so if you spread out with a team you won't have to wait at one location for it to start.
2) There are some favorable chest spawns that enable you to get the chest 3 and sometimes 4 times.
3) A Heavy Pike spawns in the Ember Caves > nothing to do with keys but definitely increases the fun.
4) You can go to these locations with a 6 man fireteam and have some more fun.
Totally fell asleep but thanks for the answers guys.

Got pushed off the first platform after dropping down for the treasure, died from the fall.
They proceed to open the chests, leaving me racing against the clock to get there, miss it by 1 second Grrrrr Rage!

omg this happened to me too but i managed to just barely get the big chest.. didn't get the smaller chests

LiK

There shouldn't be a timer at the end of PoE matches. Let people leave via Orbit. I didnt have any issues with randoms when I played 28 last night.

Lnkn52

There shouldn't be a timer at the end of PoE matches. Let people leave via Orbit. I didnt have any issues with ransoms when I played 28 last night.

Can the party leader kick you out? I would hate for that to happen.

Edit: If you're doing a LFG.

Not very impressed with Witcher to be honest.
Combat is clunky, the framrate sucks, and I can't read anything. I honestly don't think it looks very good either. PS4 by the way.

Movement is pretty clunky but I think you'll learn around it. I'm excited to start building my Geralt to specialize the way I want him to be.

---

Also looking for PoE 34

Namikaze1

My experience:
One guy left upon wipe
Neither defused bombs
Another joins in after the fourth round and does jackshit during the boss fight
The one that stayed does jackshit during everything
The one that left goes into a corner every round and stays there. Because of him, ads stayed inside where they spawn making waves last longer.

flkraven

Yup. I got pushed off as well and ALMOST died. Had a sliver of health. This will be the new troll. It sucks since it proves how matchmaking won't necessarily work in all game modes. A few people ruin things for everyone.

Gala

Thanks to Minime and Wheel for the two runs at PoE32. It was really way easier on 33 than I thought. Got myself a new sweet arc rocket launcher called the Dreamwalker with tracking and 3 tubes, also got my Warlock and Hunter to 33

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Got 34 done and my Wolfslayer's Claw and Etheric Light. Her Benevolence from my last key. :D Great work guys. I suppose I should ascend my boots first... but damn I want that 365 bringer.

I think PoE so far is really fun. Don't like the underleveledness but it's easy to get to 34 soon enough, and at-level the challenge is good and even a little on the easy side, considering the guaranteed rewards. I don't think trying to hole up in one spot the whole time is really effective, better to either rotate defensible spots or split the group spread way out up for different vantage points from a distance. Doesn't seem worthwhile to cheese or glitch at all. Defender was crucial and Bladedancer stealth for objectives and last-man-standing revives (Crest of Alpha Lupi MVP exotic) came in incredibly handy.

Looking forward to 35 for sure, but I don't know if I'll attempt it before hitting 34. Soon enough it'll be time for Trials...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom