• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally my philosophy is to get to level 34 at all costs and then upgrade weapons, because level differences make a much larger difference than attack values. Fatebringer still wrecks 34 POE at 300 attack. The only way you can currently get etheric light is from 34/35 prison of elders which is guaranteed or randomly from nightfalls. When iron banner comes back you can also get it from that, I also think ToO can also get you it, don't quote me there.

Only once a week right?

WTF, people are already level 34? What are you going to do for the next 4 months?

PSA: RNG -free path to Lv34 for two characters, asap.

1.) Ascend any non-gauntlet exotic armor to +42 light with an exotic shard, for all 3 characters.
2.) Do story missions on all 3 characters to unlock PoE.
3.) Do Lv28 then Lv32 PoE to receive Armor Core, buy +42 light gauntlets from PoE vendor on all three characters.
4.) You are now Lv33 so do Lv34 PoE for guaranteed Etheric Light. Ascend two favorite legendary armor pieces for your favorite character (i.e. Titan).
5.) One character is Lv34 so do Lv35 PoE for your fourth guaranteed E-Light.
6.) You now have two Lv34 characters without any lucky RNG from NFalls, etc.

Fucking randoms in PoE 28!

Got pushed off the first platform after dropping down for the treasure, died from the fall.
They proceed to open the chests, leaving me racing against the clock to get there, miss it by 1 second Grrrrr Rage!

Similar thing happened to me, but luckily I made it with 10 seconds to spare. Fucking randoms indeed.

Only once a week right?

Correct, only once a week although you can open small chests as often as you beat PoE and open the big chest anytime you have a treasure key.

Lv32: Guaranteed Armor Core
Lv34: Guaranteed Weapon Core and Etheric Light
Lv35: Guaranteed Armor Core, Weapon Core and Etheric Light

LTWood12

1.) Ascend any non-gauntlet exotic armor to +42 light with an exotic shard, for all 3 characters.
3.) Do Lv28 then Lv32 PoE to receive Armor Core, buy +42 light gauntlets from PoE vendor on all three characters.
4.) You are now Lv33 so do Lv34 PoE for guaranteed Etheric Light. Ascend two favorite legendary armor pieces for your favorite character (i.e. Titan).

Are you having fun Doc? You seem like you're having fun, and that makes me happy.

What? No! I said that Borderlands 2 has boring gameplay compared to Destiny, and that the story is just godawful after playing 100 hours of it.

Alright I stand corrected. I thought you said it was not funny. The Witcher on the otherhand is the best damn flower picking story driven game I have ever played...

I just roam the fields picking daisies all day long...

I think I am playing it wrong.

ethomaz

Banned

Yeap... pretty much that ;)

Next week all chars lvl 34.

Raybunny

Hahaha I wouldn't put too much fate in the VoG chest, you know it's not dropping there right? We beat PoE34 as well, pretty easy up until the "floor-is-lava" mega copy of a Swordbearer.

VoG is still a mystery. Regarding the last boss, I felt like an headless chicken trying to get out of that. The wizards on man the wizards....

I thought the boss was pretty easy, honestly. It's that Hive round before that that just fucks with me. Thankfully the enemies glitched three times, allowing us to cap the checkpoints before I went out to trigger them to spawn.

ich00

T-44's wife had her baby about ten minutes ago. Daughter #2.

Tell him Congrats!

My faction packages have been mostly shit. I got the vanguard sniper and a new monarchy helmet. Everything else has been motes or coins.

I had a bad run with mine, then later in the day yesterday I opened a few more and wound up with a bunch of new armor and guns to play with. I'm at the point where I have almost too much. I am not complaining tho, it's just making me have to make decisions on weapons cause I'm running out of space again in the vault!

nOoblet16

Yeah, it's a guaranteed drop when using a treasure key on the big chest at the end, along with this super sweet shader and emblem. Definitely make sure you have a key before tackling Lv35 everyone!

As for strats, I can type a little something up later although it's not an extremely complex encounter. Sadly, if everyone has a horn you can really brute force your way through it very quickly.

Lv35 final boss would have been an excellent raid encounter, but it also sticks out like a sore thumb relative to every other round of PoE I played.
Lawd...that helmet and that shader !

Also I wonder if PoE loots will stack up if you don't do 32 and 34 and go straight to 35. Less grind every week.

stb

Correct, only once a week although you can open small chests as often as you beat PoE and open the big chest anytime you have a treasure key.

Lv32: Guaranteed Armor Core
Lv34: Guaranteed Weapon Core and Etheric Light
Lv35: Guaranteed Armor Core, Weapon Core and Etheric Light

How do the cores/light drop? Does the first big chest of the week at these levels give you the guaranteed stuff you listed AND other things?

If anyone is curious, we now have the actual name of the Fallen species:

Eliksni

It's mentioned in the Grimoire and I've seen reports that Variks will flat out speak it if you stand around him long enough.

EL CUCO

Thanks for this post, Driz :)
I used my lucky NF E-light on Fatebringer last night, so I was wondering if I should've used it to level up gear instead. Relying on RNG is a scary thing.

I know lots of folks are going to run ToO this weekend, but I hope there are some GAFers running lvl32/34 PoE this weekend because thats when I will have time for it and I don't feel like carrying scrubs. Those randoms in matchmaking are awful and LFG will probably be the same.

This scorched ground/the floor is lava level...Are there "safe" spots on crates and gang walks, or is the level completely flat and just all floor? Sounds fun to platform from object to object staying off of the ground, without the insta-death like it would be if they were floating platforms.

Thanks for this post, Driz :)
I used my lucky NF E-light on Fatebringer last night, so I was wondering if I should've used it to level up gear instead. Relying on RNG is a scary thing.

Not a bad choice, just slightly delays the rank up. One light level will grant higher damage than a 365 Fatebringer upgrade. Just gotta wait 1 more week. This is by far the least grindy state of the game.

No more 5+ weeks waiting on some damn pair of boots to drop.

JayHayabusa

LVL 33 HM Crota was a blast. No ogres, goes down in two runs and nobblet was conservative.

Got the crux to complete the exotic collection. Now on to HOW exotics.

Thx for the run.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This scorched ground/the floor is lava level...Are there "safe" spots on crates and gang walks, or is the level completely flat and just all floor? Sounds fun to platform from object to object staying off of the ground, without the insta-death like it would be if they were floating platforms.
Seems like any surface contact does the damage, but railings and objects are still important IMO as you can use them to gain more height for the next jump. Armor of Light can also save you.

EL CUCO

Not a bad choice, just slightly delays the rank up. One light level will grant higher damage than a 365 Fatebringer upgrade. Just gotta wait 1 more week. This is by far the least grindy state of the game.

No more 5+ weeks waiting on some damn pair of boots to drop.
Haha thank God. Forever29 scars might not ever heal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom