• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a great stream. The three stooges.

I've never been called a stooge before :D. But I agree any stream with me in it is bound to be legendarily great j/k. Too bad I had to faff it all up by not having any upgraded exotic armor on my warlock outside of arms. Just used my key on a lvl 28 chest because I wasn't thinking straight. Got a red death, I am disappointed man.

If you don't have a key, do you get anything from any level of PoE? I like how they drop a lot of stuff on us at once, but it's not good for OCD. I feel like I need to know everything before I do anything.

willow ve

Are there any good maps of wolf chest locations? I've done 2 or 3 different HoW patrol events and can't find the damn chests before the timer runs out.

Its been like this all day.

Atone13

If you don't have a key, do you get anything from any level of PoE? I like how they drop a lot of stuff on us at once, but it's not good for OCD. I feel like I need to know everything before I do anything.

You get an armor core as a reward for completing the lvl 32 PoE, and a weapon core for 34 version. Said cores are used to buy the gear the vendor guy in the reef sells, that will change weekly, so if he doesn't have something you like this week, he might next week. At the end when you complete PoE, you go down and there are 3 chests, the big one requires the key to open, and there are two smaller ones. The smaller ones have a chance to drop a key, but I imagine it's a pretty low drop chance, as with the chests that were out in the world when you do the pack of wolves events.

Namikaze1

So now that a lot of you have done PoE. Let me ask you this?

How terrible is Deej and Broman at playing Destiny?
They were nearing 2 hours and still on the fourth round in PoE34. My first run took 35~ minutes. Second run was 7-8 minutes less than the first. Third run was roughly the same as the first.

What I'm saying is they're a bunch of scrubs.

You get an armor core as a reward for completing the lvl 32 PoE, and a weapon core for 34 version. Said cores are used to buy the gear the vendor guy in the reef sells, that will change weekly, so if he doesn't have something you like this week, he might next week. At the end when you complete PoE, you go down and there are 3 chests, the big one requires the key to open, and there are two smaller ones. The smaller ones have a chance to drop a key, but I imagine it's a pretty low drop chance, as with the chests that were out in the world when you do the pack of wolves events.

Got it, thanks. Does the big chest's rewards vary based on level, or would I be fine using most keys on the level 28?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
If they had made keys bounty dependent (hell, they could've just as easily Thorn Bounty'd up patrols instead of this RNG-depression farming) then thing would've went so much nicer.

Make the Wolf Packs harder, 'almost' group dependent. Doesn't make sense how people need to farm chests for hours on end.

Namikaze1

Who's saving up Armor / Weapon Cores for next week? I'm planning to just get one of every PoE weapon. Already got the AR and have a weapon core set aside for next week's weapon.

Maddocks

I'm having a debate with a friend, hope it can be cleared up here as destiny-gaf are experts.

Being a level or two above enemies does have an advantage correct? Like a level 34 guardian vs a level 32 enemy will favor the guardian more correct?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm having a debate with a friend, hope it can be cleared up here as destiny-gaf are experts.

Being a level or two above enemies does have an advantage correct? Like a level 34 guardian vs a level 32 enemy will favor the guardian more correct?
Yes, but not in terms of damaging them. You will take less damage from them due to higher Defense.

Stronger weapons affect your attack on enemies, but if you have overleveled armor, it gives you a little cushion up to a certain point. i think it caps out after 2 or 3 levels.

Wont be long before you see a bunch of clowns on LFG requiring level 34 for vault of glass, even though it's barely different from 30

So, if a third sub class comes up in Comet, I think it would be cool if you had to do a series of quests to get it. I know stuff like that is old hat for games, but it can be fun and memorable. They could even introduce cool organizations for each class. For example:

Warlocks - Introduce the Order of the Praxic Fire and have them be in some hidden reclusive academy in a brand new location.

Titans - Make them have some secret monestary way up in the mountains near the last city where they train all day.

Hunters - give them some badass stealth ship the size of one of those Ketch ships where they do illicit hunter things.

Once you find the place for your class you can then go on quests to get the next subclass and maybe upgrades for the old ones. And when you finish the quests for the new sub class you get a class/subclass specific weapon and gear set.

Am I going to far with this?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I have no urge to watch another Cavs game so I'll probably do a 32 PoE run in an hour or so. May even run my Titan through the story too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom