• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a debate with a friend, hope it can be cleared up here as destiny-gaf are experts.

Being a level or two above enemies does have an advantage correct? Like a level 34 guardian vs a level 32 enemy will favor the guardian more correct?

The extra defense lets you take a little more damage than a lower level.

Which is better (in your opinion) for Crucible? Got the same new RL twice—one of each.

Don't think my chances of rerolling one and getting both are very good, either. Is that even possible (like a legendary Truth)?

I did two really stupid Destiny things this week:
  • bought the sidearm right after getting it for free
  • used an exotic shard to finish upgrading a L30 helm when it was supposed to ascend a different helm
  • :-|

mess. Loving the new content though :)

Oh snap! You got it? Congrats!

Ruthless told me Gorgon was dropping Hawkmoons and Gjallarhorns. Then I pulled one and screamed like a little girl getting stung by a pack of bees.

I probably caused temporary hearing deficits for everyone who was on mic . . .

Salt is real, defeated Skolas on Level 35 and I had no key to open up the chest and didn't get the ship, shader or emblem.

Sorry buddy, I'd been trying to type up a little encounter breakdown when you'd originally posted asking about it but have been super distracted with life stuff. Let this space beauty be your guide and inspiration for the next time you smack him down and get your just reward:

CFeB2gTVAAAQlaG.jpg:large

Sofa king good.

Which is better (in your opinion) for Crucible? Got the same new RL twice—one of each.

Don't think my chances of rerolling one and getting both are very good, either. Is that even possible (like a legendary Truth)?
depends on the map and how you use it. i prefer tracking but now people just blink out of them.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So, if a third sub class comes up in Comet, I think it would be cool if you had to do a series of quests to get it. I know stuff like that is old hat for games, but it can be fun and memorable. They could even introduce cool organizations for each class. For example:

Warlocks - Introduce the Order of the Praxic Fire and have them be in some hidden reclusive academy in a brand new location.

Titans - Make them have some secret monestary way up in the mountains near the last city where they train all day.

Hunters - give them some badass stealth ship the size of one of those Ketch ships where they do illicit hunter things.

Once you find the place for your class you can then go on quests to get the next subclass and maybe upgrades for the old ones. And when you finish the quests for the new sub class you get a class/subclass specific weapon and gear set.

Am I going to far with this?
new subclasses are probably what I would like most. I actually hoped they would have added them by now.

#almostnodupes

The short list of weapons that will be on all three toons:

Fartbringer
Vision O'Confluence
MIDA

P's Revenge
Black Hammer
Ice Ice Breaker

Corrective Measure
Hunger Of Scrota
Giggity Horn (one more needed)
Thunder Lawd (one more needed)

Everything else will only get one spot. Am I missing anything that's "required".

noomi

Ruthless told me Gorgon was dropping Hawkmoons and Gjallarhorns. Then I pulled one and screamed like a little girl getting stung by a pack of bees.

I probably caused temporary hearing deficits for everyone who was on mic . . .

Haha, awesome man. I always get happy when someone here gets a exotic they've been wanting for a while :D

Gunsmith and I are bros. Only took 6 rerolls to get mini-Hawkmoon (Sureshot IS, Final Round, Braced Frame, Luck in the Chamber) stats on my Ill Will, but I'm still hurting for glimmer after all of the frantic exotic leveling yesterday. So I get a random Party Crasher +1 in Clash. I'm thinking, "Great, this is going to bankrupt me"

2nd Reroll:
Field Choke
Shot Package
Smallbore
Kneepads

Fellwinter's Who?

depends on the map and how you use it. i prefer tracking but now people just blink out of them.

So how would I use Tracking vs. Proximity? School this Crucible newb who's getting better fast . . .

Gunsmith and I are bros. Only took 6 rerolls to get mini-Hawkmoon (Sureshot IS, Final Round, Braced Frame, Luck in the Chamber) stats on my Ill Will, but I'm still hurting for glimmer after all of the frantic exotic leveling yesterday. So I get a random Party Crasher +1 in Clash. I'm thinking, "Great, this is going to bankrupt me"

2nd Reroll:
Field Choke
Shot Package
Smallbore
Kneepads

Fellwinter's Who?

Rerolling is so addictive. I got my Timur's with Luck in the Chamber and Rangefinder now, and I have a Her Courtesy with Shot Package and Smallbore. Basically a Found Verdict with Shot Package. Loving it in the Crucible.

Are you having fun Doc? You seem like you're having fun, and that makes me happy.

haha thanks my good man! I'm still riding high on our super fun Lv35 clear earlier today, it brought back all the best memories of the OG-VoG days and why I fell in love with this game in the first place.

I definitely understand and share many of the HoW concerns/criticisms but I'm mainly just excited when the Destiny community is hopping like this, that's the best part.

How do the cores/light drop? Does the first big chest of the week at these levels give you the guaranteed stuff you listed AND other things?

As LT mentioned, the cores/E-Light are not tied to the chests, they will just drop automatically in the treasure room the first time you clear that difficulty level in a given week.

You can then open the two small chests on the side for free, and they can have lots of random stuff like Motes, Strange Coins or even a Treasure Key if you're lucky (got my only one from a Lv35 small chest).

Proximity, hands down. The Iron Banner RL with Grenades and Horseshoes is fantastic. Only exception is the really large maps in Combined Arms/Skyshock where I always go with Truth.

Sorry guys I'm very behind and the thread was moving kind of fast. from drizzay's post it looks like i can get to 34 since i have two etheric light from nightfall (ascend boots, chest, upgrade exotic helmet, buy gloves with armor core)

Has anyone had etheric light drop from a raid? is that even possible

also, did I miss the thunderlord mega post?

Well, at least I could post something of value for you. I continue to be the scrub of all scrubs in the TLord posting department. I'll blame it on the fact that I'm moving in a couple days, but really I'm just scrubbing it up.

Meneses

Quick question:

Got a new Ice Breaker from PoE. Should I dismantle the new one and ascend the old one with the Exotic Shard? Will the final stats be the same?

Or is it better to just level the new one?

So how would I use Tracking vs. Proximity? School this Crucible newb who's getting better fast . . .

Rerolling is so addictive. I got my Timur's with Luck in the Chamber and Rangefinder now, and I have a Her Courtesy with Shot Package and Smallbore. Basically a Found Verdict with Shot Package. Loving it in the Crucible.

proximity when the enemy is airborne or when you're above them. that way if they jump itll catch them in the air.

tracking over distances. self explanatory. most people cant dodge it.

proximity sucks when the enemy jumps in front of you and you're aiming behind them. it explodes in your face

noomi

So let me understand this, the primary weapons you get from PoE have a chance to have an elemental damage? It's just a II version of the same weapon?

Where does one obtain these?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So let me understand this, the primary weapons you get from PoE have a chance to have an elemental damage? It's just a II version of the same weapon?

Where does one obtain these?
no one seems to know about the elemental primaries yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom