• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it looks like the emblem/ship/shader you get for beating the level 35 Arena-Kellbreaker, is only through the chest that requires the key.

...And presumably you can only get the elemental primary weapons through the level 35 raid. Provided you have a key.

The fuck, Bungie.

patchday

Ruthless told me Gorgon was dropping Hawkmoons and Gjallarhorns. Then I pulled one and screamed like a little girl getting stung by a pack of bees.

I probably caused temporary hearing deficits for everyone who was on mic . . .

Ah I joined that group a little after. Good to hear you got something good. funny story

exYle

I tried Crucible for the first time in a really long time today. I did pretty good, but I still lost...not looking forward to ToO

Makes sense to me.

It doesn't make any sense!

"Hey provided you actually complete the hardest mode, we hope you have a key. And then you have to RNG the weapons you get! So you have to farm RNG in order to RNG into rewards!"

instead of you know, beating the level 35 mode and then RNGing the rewards. No, you have to RNG for RNGing.

Deku Tree

So let me understand this, the primary weapons you get from PoE have a chance to have an elemental damage? It's just a II version of the same weapon?

Where does one obtain these?

The primary weapons with elemental damage drop randomly from the final level 35 boss. There are videos of it. They don't drop in the treasure room.

Edit: yeah I was late.

proximity when the enemy is airborne or when you're above them. that way if they jump itll catch them in the air.

tracking over distances. self explanatory. most people cant dodge it.

proximity sucks when the enemy jumps in front of you and you're aiming behind them. it explodes in your face

Awesome. Will try it out tonight with both as I level up my new gear and get my titan to 33.

The primary weapons with elemental damage drop randomly from the final level 35 boss. There are videos of it. They don't drop in the treasure room.

Edit: yeah I was late.

Apparently I'm wrong, it doesn't help that Bungie has been freaking obtuse about how things work this expansion. And in general, I suppose.

noomi

Skolas drops the elemental primaries. You don't need keys.

He started the video right when he gets it. Aegis of the Kell II.

Ahhhh ok I see it. I probably won't get to level 35 PoE until next week anyway.

I could hit 34 but don't want to use the etheric yet...

Deku Tree

Keys are only good for queens weapons and random chances at exotics. Oh and the first level 35 big key chest gives you some nice cosmetic stuff.

I don't understand all the fuss about the keys. Yeah it's a weird system and I wish their was a better way to get keys but not a huge deal.

Most of the good stuff is a guaranteed drop or a random drop from the boss with no keys needed so the loot system is a step forward IMO.

It doesn't make any sense!

"Hey provided you actually complete the hardest mode, we hope you have a key. And then you have to RNG the weapons you get! So you have to farm RNG in order to RNG into rewards!"

instead of you know, beating the level 35 mode and then RNGing the rewards. No, you have to RNG for RNGing.
I dunno...maybe it's because I've played Diablo, Borderlands, and other loot games and there is FAR worse shit that those games put you through when you're trying to get specific loot.

It's just the nature of this type of game. The way shit was initially setup in The Dark Below was supreme fuckery. They've done a good job here, at least in my opinion. Sure it would be nice to get one guaranteed key a week, but it's not that big of a deal for me I suppose.

Keys are only good for queens weapons and random chances at exotics. Oh and the first level 35 big key chest gives you some nice cosmetic stuff.

I don't understand all the fuss about the keys. Yeah it's a weird system and I wish their was a better way to get keys but not a huge deal.

Most of the good stuff is a guaranteed drop or a random drop from the boss with no keys needed so the loot system is a step forward IMO.

And why is that! And there may be more rewards unique only to the level 35 chest that requires a key.

Just make getting a key a weekly lockout for when you do beat that level 35 arena and get shit because you didn't save a key because you didn't know that the level 35 chest would have unique things to it.

It's obtuse. It's Bungie being obtuse.

I dunno...maybe it's because I've played Diablo, Borderlands, and other loot games and there is FAR worse shit that those games put you through when you're trying to get specific loot.

I dunno, when I played Diablo, Borderlands, and other loot games I was being showered with loot constantly. Sure bosses drop unique things, but that's on top of the loot table already. So yeah, Destiny's system is a bit..amateur compared to it.

neoism

Played another 7 hours in a row loooovin this dlc. Really glad the pvp maps are awesome. They really need to make combined arms a perm playlist I still haven't played on the one big map, the one on earth. :/ plus I like big maps it lets me use my sniper more.

The story missions where a lot better than I thought, thought it was going to be only 3 quests, the strike is the best in the game now.
Poe is pretty good I beat the 28, the last boss goddamn I couldn't see anything but explosions, got 1 nice auto and the Monte Carlo ... Goddamn this game refuses to give me a damn pulse rifle. I'm still really pissed at bungie and their supposed balanced primaries -___- I really dislike hand cannons.. And evvveryone uses them.
They are soo fucking over powered and the one gun I love (auto rifles) even though they are still good they nerf :/. I do kind of like the new ""hand gun"" it's more like a hand gun not a revolver, but I was disappoint its a green ammo gun, that's one of the reasons I dislike revolvers the reload on them gets old. I got the ill will in pvp but the reload is ridiculous slowwww, and fires slower with 7 rounds. They need to make cool .45 type gun on the primary slot, but more unique.
Is the bad juju worth doing I got the quest.. It's a pulse rifle right ?

So what's the difference between the 28 and 32+ key chests? I got an exotic, a legendary, and an engram from the 28 so I'm curious what the difference is.

Played another 7 hours in a row loooovin this dlc. Really glad the pvp maps are awesome. They really need to make combined arms a perm playlist I still haven't played on the one big map, the one on earth. :/ plus I like big maps it lets me use my sniper more.

The story missions where a lot better than I thought, thought it was going to be only 3 quests, the strike is the best in the game now.
Poe is pretty good I beat the 28, the last boss goddamn I couldn't see anything but explosions, got 1 nice auto and the Monte Carlo ... Goddamn this game refuses to give me a damn pulse rifle. I'm still really pissed at bungie and their supposed balanced primaries -___- I really dislike hand cannons.. And evvveryone uses them.
They are soo fucking over powered and the one gun I love (auto rifles) even though they are still good they nerf :/. I do kind of like the new ""hand gun"" it's more like a hand gun not a revolver that's one of the reasons I dislike them the reload on them gets old. I got the ill will in pvp but the reload is ridiculous slowwww, and fires slower with 7 rounds, but I was disappoint its a green ammo gun. They need to make cool .45 type gun on the primary slot, but more unique.
Is the bad juju worth doing I got the quest.. It's a pulse rifle right ?
Bad Juju is pretty fucking rad, especially if you play a warlock with Obsidian Mind

So what's the difference between the 28 and 32+ key chests? I got an exotic, a legendary, and an engram from the 28 so I'm curious what the difference is.

it looks like there is no difference at all between any of the chests - 28 to 35 all drop the same loot. The very first chest you loot (one time or weekly, unclear) seems to always give an exotic from the nightfall/VOG/crota tables.

The 35 chest also gives an engram/shader/ship similar to crota or atheon but the actual loot from the chest seems to be the same for everyone, just queens weapons and exotics.

nOoblet16

I think I am done with the PvE in this game unless it's VoG, if not permanently until Coment then atleast for a few weeks now. I can't deal with the stupid ass design and artificial difficulty (Lightswitch in Hive room with objectives that asks you to go to areas where enemies spawn and the it spawns 10,000 cursed thralls, boomers and wizards). The only thing I liked about PvE in this game was the 6 player co-op, with that gone all that's left is that 3 player frustration called Prison of Elders and pray to RNG while farming for keys that would let me open a chest full of RNG....yea not worth my time. I'll just stick to PvP for now.

Fuck this game.

noomi

I think I am done with the PvE in this game unless it's VoG, if not permanently until Coment then atleast for a few weeks now. I can't deal with the stupid ass design and artificial difficulty (Lightswitch in Hive room with objectives that asks you to go to areas where enemies spawn and the it spawns 10,000 cursed thralls, boomers and wizards).

Fuck this game.

This sounds a lot like how people felt during hard crota release.

Where are you guys getting held up?

My team beat the level 34 today after 2hrs, the biggest struggle was the flame prince.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom