• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOoblet16

This sounds a lot like how people felt during hard crota release.

Where are you guys getting held up?

My team beat the level 34 today after 2hrs, the biggest struggle was the flame prince.

I did level 34 earlier today as a titan, now I was doing it as a hunter.
Funny thing is I only did it with my titan earlier today because I was having issues with my hunter on 4th round of level 34...so I switched to titan. I am pissed at that hive room with wizards and boomers and thralls. Wizards and Thralls with arc are the worst enemies in the game along with those Centurions.

I want a game that is technically and mechanically difficult, VoG is exactly that..not this shit....and especially not horde mode.
Because I HATE HORDE MODE! I hate it in anything that's not COD's zombie mode, which I like because of the silliness.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Would anyone like to join me in an original raid for Xbox One? I got five people, just need a sixth.

Damn guys, why no stream?!

Congrats though :)

We didn't expect much to come of it at first, and then Unstable was worried that we were getting too intense about it to stream, lol. It was a blast though, the crazy bubble train all through Lv35 was the most fun, although toppling the boss was definitely the most rewarding/exciting.

Fun with Bubbles:

YrKw8w6.gif

qr2iWy0.gif

That was a great stream. The three stooges.

Thanks! We were having a lot of fun grousing about the game, it's a favorite activity of many Destiny players I'm sure. We're still laughing about your line to Yzen asking if he was new, haha.

So how do some of you have a full set of the new vanguard stuff? The max marks is 200 right? And you can only get 100 a week. What am I missing?

SnakeEyes

Banned
Bloody stoked that I got Firefly + Full Auto on my Dead Orbit scout rifle after only 6 rerolls. That thing is godly, even without the elemental damage. Also, I knew it'd happen but that Vestian Dynasty pistol is now all over Crucible :D

noomi

I did level 34 earlier today as a titan, now I was doing it as a hunter.
Funny thing is I only did it with my titan earlier today because I was having issues with my hunter on 4th round of level 34...so I switched to titan.

I hate that hive room with wizards and boomers and thralls. Wizards and Thralls with arc are the worst enemies in the game along with those Centurions.

I went through that fight as a 33 hunter, and I'm not going to lie it was tough as hell.

Once we got a strat going though, it took under 10 minutes to get through, but still one of the harder encounters I've experience in Destiny. Thank god solar burn was on... can you imagine what arc burn would have been like.... shit....

Jrmint

We are stuck on the final boss level 32 POE.

Could any Titan or Warlock join us to help us finish this? We have 2 Hunters 32 and 33.

PSN - Palom12

nOoblet16

I went through that fight as a 33 hunter, and I'm not going to lie it was tough as hell.

Once we got a strat going though, it took under 10 minutes to get through, but still one of the harder encounters I've experience in Destiny. Thank god solar burn was on... can you imagine what arc burn would have been like.... shit....

Uh I am talking about the 4th round not the flame knight who we took down on first try (as level 33 of course). 4th round has arc burn, lightswitch and a boat load of wizards...the fuck ?

Hold on, can you go to another class vendor and let's say buy titan armor with a warlock that has 200 marks?

Sorry you are right, I mistook armour for weapons. Cause you can buy weapons across the characters ofcourse

We literally melted the L32 PoE Boss, still is insane the amount of enemies who dont need to recharge and start spamming missles at us.

Wait, there are already gaffers at PoE 35? wow.

neoism

I think I am done with the PvE in this game unless it's VoG, if not permanently until Coment then atleast for a few weeks now. I can't deal with the stupid ass design and artificial difficulty (Lightswitch in Hive room with objectives that asks you to go to areas where enemies spawn and the it spawns 10,000 cursed thralls, boomers and wizards). The only thing I liked about PvE in this game was the 6 player co-op, with that gone all that's left is that 3 player frustration called Prison of Elders and pray to RNG while farming for keys that would let me open a chest full of RNG....yea not worth my time. I'll just stick to PvP for now.

Fuck this game.
Yeah pve is just not that good/fun in this game not really sure why bungle thought bullet sponges for enemies with terrible ai would be fun to play. Even though legendary difficulty on the halo games could be cheap as fuck I think their ai was loads better. Thankfully pvp is a blast, still fucking needs more playlists...

phen0m24

Bloody stoked that I got Firefly + Full Auto on my Dead Orbit scout rifle after only 6 rerolls. That thing is godly, even without the elemental damage. Also, I knew it'd happen but that Vestian Dynasty pistol is now all over Crucible :D
Which one did you get, Snake? I got the new Vanguard one with FF and Auto but only a 14 round mag and no elemental barf still keeping it though

Deku Tree

sidearms have like no range

They are the worst new no impact gun class.
High rate of fire low impact weapons are just all bad.
It's a rule.

People trying to use sidearms in crucible always die. It's a rule.

And Bungie wants me to get 10,000 kills with these weapons for Grimoire purposes... No.

Wallach

I look ridiculous.

Hell no. I'm not taking it off.

Choose 1 to reforge please. Need to clear out some Vault space. This looks like a wash. I'm leaning towards Payment because of the impact and stability advantage.

Conduit's tiny mag is a non-starter for PR in my opinion. Dump it.

nOoblet16

Yeah pve is just not that good/fun in this game not really sure why bungle thought bullet sponges for enemies with terrible ai would be fun to play. Even though legendary difficulty on the halo games could be cheap as fuck I think their ai was loads better. Thankfully pvp is a blast, still fucking needs more playlists...
Bullet sponge enemies and AI are the last of my (and several others') complaints though. My problems are with encounter design for hard difficulty, bungie cannot design hard mode without artificial difficulty...they've never been able to do it.

The PvE is amazing when it's creative like VoG or even the new strike. But it's awful and cheap when it isn't.

Carn82

nice, got a Pest Control Matrix for new Vanguard rank. Rerolled it a few times, now it has icarus, extended mag / speed reload (maxes out reload) / hand laid stock (almost maxes stability). and army of one; gonna try this out for a while. Looks like this is the new Shadow Price.

Bullet sponge enemies and AI are the last of my (and several others') complaints though.

My problems are with encounter design for hard difficulty, bungie cannot design hard mode without artificial difficulty...they've never been able to do it.

Never forget Halo 2's Jackal snipers on Legendary. Still amazed I managed to get through.

It's a rule.

And Bungie wants me to get 10,000 kills with these weapons for Grimoire purposes... No.

Actually despite the impact/range listed, they do an immense amount of damage. They do more than the current auto rifles, even. More than Pulse Rifles/Scout Rifles as well.

noomi

Uh I am talking about the 4th round not the flame knight who we took down on first try (as level 33 of course). 4th round has arc burn, lightswitch and a boat load of wizards...the fuck ?

Oh haha, yeah.... that one was pretty rough too, any time lightswitch + hive is a combo it's pretty shitty, and on top of that arc burn. No bueno :(

ocean

Banned
So how do some of you have a full set of the new vanguard stuff? The max marks is 200 right? And you can only get 100 a week. What am I missing?

200 at reset, spend, then earn this week's 100. Enough for 3 pieces + your Exotic. That and also engram/faction level rewards is the explanation.

Darryl & Ocean - thanks guys :D

That was Destiny at it's finest!

You guys were amazing, sorry I had to my mic muted most of the time. My SO and I are watching a friend's dog and he will have barking fits randomly.

That was truly amazing!

It's a rule.

I hear they are good in PoE with hive and fallen. :(

EL CUCO

Sorry lol when I said stuff I meant armor.
You can buy armour for same class between multiple toons if your other character(s) is/are the same class. You just swap out the armour and equip on the toon you want to play on.

Many of us did this early on for double or triple rolls at Raid gear. Could still be done for Etheric light.

k1t4j

So I am at round 4 of lv 34 PoE can people join on me and we can continue? Or does it reset back to round 1?

It is against the Hive, arc burn

How do you get a key? I haven't come across one yet. If I have to go out and farm those public events and hope I get one from a chest then no I'm not gonna do that cause that's some monotonous grinding right there
You know you want to grind for RNG treasure key to grind PoE for a chance for RNG loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom