• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOoblet16

I think I'm the only person that enjoys hearing this guy talk. I like the back and forth with Petra as well.

Anything but Dinklebot

I like him, better than Dinklebot and his conversations with Petra and his translations of fallen dialogues made the story missions sound epic in scale as it gave even the enemies some characters.

How do you get a key? I haven't come across one yet. If I have to go out and farm those public events and hope I get one from a chest then no I'm not gonna do that cause that's some monotonous grinding right there
No guaranteed way. Either fight those fools out in patrol or do PoE and hope to get one from the small chests.

Edit: well you do get one from a mission.

4 games

widows court > timekeeper > black shield > a big pile of fallen poop > thieves den

skirmish

-widows court reminds me of counter strike. vaired and large and gorgeous and so fucking fun
-timekeeper has lots of corners but good stuff to jump on. too many explosive crates though
-black shield is too flat and campy. probably better for control but awful in skirmish
-thieves den is hot garbage. just a bunch of tunnels.

widows court alone redeems it. amazing map.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Which one did you get, Snake? I got the new Vanguard one with FF and Auto but only a 14 round mag and no elemental barf still keeping it though
I bought the off-the-shelf Dead Orbit Scout Rifle, and after seeing another GAFer got the Full Auto + Firefly mods, I rerolled mine and got it perfect after 6 rolls.

milkham

Well, at least I could post something of value for you. I continue to be the scrub of all scrubs in the TLord posting department. I'll blame it on the fact that I'm moving in a couple days, but really I'm just scrubbing it up.

yeah it was really helpful, i've been trying to find a good summary of everything going on but no luck so far. I do have another question I hope you can answer for me. I have 2 keys at the moment, and i've been told that finishing the story will get me another one for each character, does it make sense to hold onto keys and use them in level 35 PoE? rather than the lower level ones?

EL CUCO

I like him, better than Dinklebot and his conversations with Petra and his translations of fallen dialogues made the story missions sound epic in scale as it gave even the enemies some characters.
Totally agree. His english is supposed to be all messed up. kinda like my Cuban parents Ha!

ocean

Banned
Bullet sponge enemies and AI are the last of my (and several others') complaints though. My problems are with encounter design for hard difficulty, bungie cannot design hard mode without artificial difficulty...they've never been able to do it.

The PvE is amazing when it's creative like VoG or even the new strike. But it's awful and cheap when it isn't.

I ran with Darryl and Sploatee, just got finished on PoE 34. I had an amazingly fun time despite wiping many (oh so many) times at round 4. It's frustrating but I don't really think it's cheap design. Having you cap those points with so much going on forces you to think up strategies, which I think is this game at its finest. Rambo won't do it. We ended up doing the following:

Darryl went invisible ninja with his Hunter. We'd clean out all but 1 Thrall on wave 1. That way we'd all recover supers, ammo, and get in position. Before killing that last Thrall, Darryl would go to one end of the room and Sploatee and I (both Titans) would stay at the other end. If A spawned by him, he'd invisi-cap it then retreat to safety. A Wizard would always come just before the B marker arrived, which Sploat and I would rocket immediately. Then depending on where B and C appeared I'd go pop an Armor bubble to cap it, shotgun out in case anyone challenged it, Darryl invisibly getting the other point at the same time.

All that done, retreat to original position to kill enemies, leave 1 alive. Since wave 3 is the same thing, we'd repeat the process. Recover heavy, supers etc.

There is so much in that room that can kill you in a second that you're forced to play it safe, study the environment for cover and movement options, evaluate which perks you want on your subclass (took a while to figure out Armor was working better than blessing since Arc burn made even us die quick even with blessing as 33s). I dropped Gift for Bastion so my bubble would last longer. You'd have a Hunter dropping his Horn in favor of P&T just in case a clutch invis was required.

It was by far the hardest encounter I've yet faced in the game. I raged. But I liked it! It wasn't a gear or level check. It was a scenario completely decked against us which we managed to overcome by trial and error, along with some patience (and time, yay).

PoE 34 is hard. Or at least it was for me, I'm not a pro. I don't even use Auto Rifles, I didn't stick through it for the loot. I just really wanted to beat an encounter that challenging using the tools at my disposal and we did it! It was refreshing and felt more satisfying than anything in Crota's End for me.

VoG is still the game's apex and brightest hour. This is, however, a thrilling addition. Can't wait to see what fucked up stuff they'll make us overcome next week. A lot more of us will be 34 by then so it won't be as hard (we were 3 33s) but I think it'll still manage to make us strategize and try different approaches.

yeah it was really helpful, i've been trying to find a good summary of everything going on but no luck so far. I do have another question I hope you can answer for me. I have 2 keys at the moment, and i've been told that finishing the story will get me another one for each character, does it make sense to hold onto keys and use them in level 35 PoE? rather than the lower level ones?

Definitely hold onto one key at the very least for when you finish your first Lv35 PoE. That chest is unique the first time you open it: it will give you a super sweet ship, shader and emblem (I posted a few pics of them earlier today).

Other than that, the chests are all the same whether 28 or 34 or w/e. You get a guaranteed Queen weapon, and a chance for other stuff like an exotic weapon or even exotic armor if you are super lucky like Ruthless. As far as anyone knows now, there isn't actually a higher/better drop rate on the harder difficulties.

Just got this ugly beast out of lvl 28 POE along with a scout rifle and Mida Multi Tool

e1JPs5v.jpg

JayHayabusa

Did Urox with Xplicitone and Sleepy_Buddha. Got him on the third try. First time doing 34.

Thx for the invite guys.

Question for DGAF:

Is Wolfslayer Claw worth it? Or should I keep my weapon core?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom