• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a shame the fight (which is really good and fun) is trivialized with Gjallarhorn.

I wouldn't mind a nerf.

I really, really hope a horn nerf never happens, it's such a unique and fun weapon to use and I think it should be able to do what it does in lots of situations. But! (and this is a big ol' but) they need to try way harder to mitigate its dominant effect in the highest level end game PvE content.
Solar burn for Skolas
is such an obvious and baffling design mistake.

Everyone spams horns which immediately breaks the fight and undermines the intended map movement and teamwork required for
juggling the de-buff, defusing mines, and DPS'ing the boss. The players' damage buff should have stayed leashed to the servitors, not thrown out the window once the first volleys of Horn hit. If anything it should have gotten more complex to activate the buff based on Skolas' health triggers.
It's a perfect storm of "spam Horn to win," which gets boring fast.

Even though it was occasionally frustrating during our runs that we couldn't do that, I'm really glad it worked out that way. It was such a great experience to dive into the details of the encounter design, to hash out and refine our strategy. It'd be really fun to try some "snipers only" type challenge runs, or something along those lines... well, maybe once we can hit Lv35 lol.

And they should nerf Gjalla by removing tracking.

It'd still have prox detonation, not much of a nerf. The Horn Special Sauce is 99.9% Wolf Pack rounds. They make the magic.

Wallach

Show me the receipts, I've only seen the ship drop. If this is like Atheon where you either get something or you don't, then lol.

Both the elemental weapons and the exotic bounty are random rewards received immediately after you kill the final boss, not from the chest. You can look on YouTube if you want to see either of those drops.

1 Exotic, 1 PoE piece (do PoE 32)

then either do PoE 34 on two different characters or get lucky and get Etheric Light drops from nightfall.

____

Is anyone looking to do PoE 32? Need to do it on my hunter.

I'd love to, but I still need to finish the story and do PoE 28 on my other two characters.

_woLf

where is the best fallen bounty mob to farm? Ive seen a lot of people around the two venus ones but i'm not sure if there is better ones...

Zoidberg

Show me the receipts, I've only seen the ship drop. If this is like Atheon where you either get something or you don't, then lol.

https://youtu.be/WTJQlLq6z04?t=66 - the person recording doesn't get one, but you see someone else in the fireteam get a II version (elemental).

Creeping on that person, the gun was:

U9cJxVL.jpg

We surprisingly didn't wipe till the Skolas fight. We started a bit after 10 PM EST so almost 2 hours for us. We spent nearly 20 minutes in the waiting area for our heavy synths to cool down and supers to go up so that added to our total time

Edit: we actually wiped once during the vex phase. We didn't wipe again till Skolas

So how did you guys not wiped during round 4? all those majors were brutal to my team. What was the best place to stay at and just shoot? Sorry I just want strats :p

Both the elemental weapons and the exotic bounty are random rewards received immediately after you kill the final boss, not from the chest. You can look on YouTube if you want to see either of those drops.

*Grumble grumble*
where is the best fallen bounty mob to farm? Ive seen a lot of people around the two venus ones but i'm not sure if there is better ones...

Skywatch is the superior one because you can get the chest 4 times if you find it/do the trick fast enough.

So what's the quickest and surest route to 34?

Surest route is this, re-posting myself from earlier today :p

PSA: RNG -free path to Lv34 for two characters, asap.

1.) Ascend any non-gauntlet exotic armor to +42 light with an exotic shard, for all 3 characters.
2.) Do story missions on all 3 characters to unlock PoE.
3.) Do Lv28 then Lv32 PoE to receive Armor Core, buy +42 light gauntlets from PoE vendor on all three characters.
4.) You are now Lv33 so do Lv34 PoE for guaranteed Etheric Light. Ascend two favorite legendary armor pieces for your favorite character (i.e. Titan).
5.) One character is Lv34 so do Lv35 PoE for your fourth guaranteed E-Light.
6.) You now have two Lv34 characters without any lucky RNG from NFalls, etc.

Mindlog

Ember caves.
Lots of Vandals and chances for events to spawn.
Skywatch is the superior one because you can get the chest 4 times if you find it/do the trick fast enough.
Forgot about that one.
Never did really learn the chest locations there.
Is anyone looking to do PoE 32? Need to do it on my hunter.
Had two earlier, but not sure if Sentinel is still around.
I need it on my Warlock.

Can't decide what Exotic to ascend for my Hunter. Anyone got any suggestions? I want to do Don't Touch Me, but I'd rather ascend something else so I can get to 33 with those PoE Gauntlets.

So how did you guys not wiped during round 4? all those majors were brutal to my team. What was the best place to stay at and just shoot? Sorry I just want strats :p

We just bubble-trained the f out of basically everything, especially rounds 4 and 5. With 3 Defenders using Gift of the Void, we fed orbs and just walked around the maps inside our bubbles. It was hilariously entertaining, haha.

Wallach

Surest route is this, re-posting myself from earlier today :p

PSA: RNG -free path to Lv34 for two characters, asap.

1.) Ascend any non-gauntlet exotic armor to +42 light with an exotic shard, for all 3 characters.
2.) Do story missions on all 3 characters to unlock PoE.
3.) Do Lv28 then Lv32 PoE to receive Armor Core, buy +42 light gauntlets from PoE vendor on all three characters.
4.) You are now Lv33 so do Lv34 PoE for guaranteed Etheric Light. Ascend two favorite legendary armor pieces for your favorite character (i.e. Titan).
5.) One character is Lv34 so do Lv35 PoE for your fourth guaranteed E-Light.
6.) You now have two Lv34 characters without any lucky RNG from NFalls, etc.

If you're like me and don't have any alts, you'll either need 1 RNG Etheric (Trials of Osiris apparently drops these, which is this weekend) or you can wait until next reset. If you hold this week's 32 PoE Etheric Light, you can do the 32 again next week, grab the second armor piece with the Armor Core, then use one upgraded Exotic and use your current Etheric to upgrade whichever slot is remaining. Then you can be 34 before doing the 34 PoE again next reset, which will make it noticeably easier. Obviously will depend on which of the other three armor slots he sells next Tuesday if you don't have an upgraded Exotic to build around, but at worst you should only have to do the 34 PoE one more time at 33.

What'sthe most effective strategy for Urrox level 34 PoE?

Go all the way to the left, have a Titan with Armor of Light for his super, use super when Urrox burns the ground. You'll still need to jump a lot, but you shouldn't lose any health if you do it right. Then proceed to kill him with your favorite Solar weapon.

We just bubble-trained the f out of basically everything, especially rounds 4 and 5. With 3 Defenders using Gift of the Void, we fed orbs and just walked around the maps inside our bubbles. It was hilariously entertaining, haha.

We did had a hunter (who was Gunslinger), I was a Warlock, and a Bubble Titan, that's probably why it took forever. :-/

Can't decide what Exotic to ascend for my Hunter. Anyone got any suggestions? I want to do Don't Touch Me, but I'd rather ascend something else so I can get to 33 with those PoE Gauntlets.

I'm always a fan of Mask of the Third Man, especially since BDancer is so fantastic in both Crota raid and PoE. The Crest of Alpha Lupi chest piece with fast revives is also quite nice in PoE. The Ac-whatever Symbiote helm that gives 4 golden gun shots is nice too, especially during solar burn rounds.

Knucklehead Radar and Lucky Rasberry are both excellent PvP exotics but maybe less useful in PvE unless you really love to watch the radar while ADS'ing.

If you're like me and don't have any alts, you'll either need 1 RNG Etheric (Trials of Osiris apparently drops these, which is this weekend) or you can wait until next reset. If you hold this week's 32 PoE Etheric Light, you can do the 32 again next week, grab the second armor piece with the Armor Core, then use one upgraded Exotic and use your current Etheric to upgrade whichever slot is remaining. Then you can be 34 before doing the 34 PoE again next reset, which will make it noticeably easier. Obviously will depend on which of the other three armor slots he sells next Tuesday if you don't have an upgraded Exotic to build around, but at worst you should only have to do the 34 PoE one more time at 33.

Yeah, very true about having one character. Sometimes I forget not everyone is a weirdo like me (and many other Gaffers) with 3 characters, haha. Great advice here for the saner amongst us.

We did had a hunter (who was Gunslinger), I was a Warlock, and a Bubble Titan, that's probably why it took forever. :-/

Yeah, we accidentally ended up running the Lv34 PoE with 3 Warlocks which was... not optimal. :p

Namikaze1

I can't remember if Round 4 was the fallen or Vex. Gonna take a guess and go with fallen.

We grouped up all the way towards the back where the servitor in the vid I posted above is at. We took turns dropping shields. Won't lie, it was hell for us. I think I didn't die once during that round. Can't remember. I know I went back and forth reviving Cosmo and Sentient. I tended to run to the hallway since barely any enemy stood in my path if I was the last standing. Arc Shotguns are a must. Two shots kills a regular captain while 3-4 for a major captain. Also, saint-14 helps a lot. We stuck around that area for the duration of the round. Only leaving it if we were the last one standing.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm always a fan of Mask of the Third Man, especially since BDancer is so fantastic in both Crota raid and PoE. The Crest of Alpha Lupi chest piece with fast revives is also quite nice in PoE. The Ac-whatever Symbiote helm that gives 4 golden gun shots is nice too, especially during solar burn rounds.

Knucklehead Radar and Lucky Rasberry are both excellent PvP exotics but maybe less useful in PvE unless you really love to watch the radar while ADS'ing.

If Hunters aren't in a hurry to hit level 34 THIS WEEK then I'd say upgrade Don't Touch Me because its amazing in anything PvE that isn't Lightswitched. Because gauntlets are up for sale though, ppl may want to hold off on it.

I ascended by Dance Machines because Mad Max: Fury Road made it clear that you have to rock on no matter wut

Nori Chan

I did Crest of Alpha Lupi just because it's going to be invaluable in ToO. I have hit level 34, but I plan on getting all the armor for ToO and PoE.

Kalamari

Go all the way to the left, have a Titan with Armor of Light for his super, use super when Urrox burns the ground. You'll still need to jump a lot, but you shouldn't lose any health if you do it right. Then proceed to kill him with your favorite Solar weapon.

does standing in the water negate the burn effect?

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

k8zGqBb.jpg

bought the crucible sniper rifle and rerolled it. 45 motes later...
  • Shortgaze AND Ambush
  • Hidden Hand for better target acquisition - basically more aim assist
  • Unflinching so reticle moves less when i'm shot - can't fucking touch this
  • Hand-laid Stock - MASSIVE stability increase

the best part is it's a legendary! it has the Prudence rate of fire with the Hieracon base magazine. every other sniper with Hieracon stats only had 4 rounds.

4G0iuqC.gif

original

fainting-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-186.gif

FnkugSh.gif

Just in time for Trials of Osiris

Heh I got the Crux, No husk or Aly however.

Now what? Discard?

No, definitely keep it. Hopefully RNGsus will bless you eventually with the second part of this exotic drop. Obviously Necro is terrible but it's super fun garbage to play with, like doing Necro-only Crucible trains or NM CE or... lots of Necro Dailies if you're really crazy. Sure, it's a bad gun but still legitimately entertaining

LiK

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

k8zGqBb.jpg

bought the crucible sniper rifle and rerolled it. 45 motes later...
  • Shortgaze AND Ambush
  • Hidden Hand for better target acquisition - basically more aim assist
  • Unflinching so reticle moves less when i'm shot - can't fucking touch this
  • Hand-laid Stock - MASSIVE stability increase

the best part is it's a legendary! it has the Prudence rate of fire with the Hieracon base magazine. every other sniper with Hieracon stats only had 4 rounds.

Wanna do some PVP later in the week?

I finally have the Treasure Key
It is time to beat Skolas. Who wants to join me? Level 34 Hunter.
Edit: Hold on, got to help my friend run through Level 34

Wallach

Oh for those curious, apparently Peregrine Greaves makes the flying knee do 3x damage.

In the current Nightfall which has both Arc Burn and Brawler flying knee does 32,000 damage. Dangerous but probably enough to one shot just about anything. In PvP the only thing that can survive a flying knee is a Titan during Fist of Havok if they have Unstoppable.

It's also pretty fashioniable; one of the only exotics I've seen that picks up color shaders, and makes your legs glow when shoulder charge is available while sprinting.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Oh for those curious, apparently Peregrine Greaves makes the flying knee do 3x damage.

In the current Nightfall which has both Arc Burn and Brawler flying knee does 32,000 damage. Dangerous but probably enough to one shot just about anything. In PvP the only thing that can survive a flying knee is a Titan during Fist of Havok if they have Unstoppable.

It's also pretty fashioniable; one of the only exotics I've seen that picks up color shaders, and makes your legs glow when shoulder charge is available while sprinting.

lol

LiK

This sounds wonderful.

Nori Chan

I was thinking that, but I plan on playing ToO with my Warlock, so I'll probably ascend my Light Beyond Nemesis for that.
Oh, well it's up to you. I don't really think Golden Gun is valuable in this unless you want to generate orbs for your bubble bros. Medic Blade is what I usually run for for PoE. Running Vanish is great against the hive with arc burn and dismantling mines. Wait til you find out where the B mine is in the hive room. lol
does standing in the water negate the burn effect?
lol nah

Ryck

No, definitely keep it. Hopefully RNGsus will bless you eventually with the second part of this exotic drop. Obviously Necro is terrible but it's super fun garbage to play with, like doing Necro-only Crucible trains or NM CE or... lots of Necro Dailies if you're really crazy. Sure, it's a bad gun but still legitimately entertaining
Consider it kept! Now to find another Husk...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom