• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm leveling up my Deadshot Luna for full auto/explosive rounds, it is an exquisite weapon. The fire rate is just nuts. Still the Synesthete isn't that far behind and smokes it in Stability terms. They're all good though. Hell the Zero Point LOTP is a solid stand-in for Gheleon's Demise, which is still my favorite scout in the game personally.

I wanted Full Auto, Explosive and Firefly but ended up with Full Auto, Armor Piercing or High Caliber and Firefly. Close enough that I don't want to lose that roll. Could always buy another one to mess with. Got this one as a drop and figured it's a free one to reforge (the perks it dropped with weren't great).

Shout out to Ethomaz and kyored for running with me through PoE 28 & 32. Trip bubble bros walked right through everything. Kyored, sorry I bailed all of a sudden had to take care of some stuff b4 running more poe. Got all 3 guardians at lvl 33 now. Who's running poe 34?

I wanted Full Auto, Explosive and Firefly but ended up with Full Auto, Armor Piercing or High Caliber and Firefly. Close enough that I don't want to lose that roll. Could always buy another one to mess with. Got this one as a drop and figured it's a free one to reforge (the perks it dropped with weren't great).

I got full auto explosive and third eye for my one/one. Happy camper here :)

ethomaz

Banned
Shout out to Ethomaz and kyored for running with me through PoE 28 & 32. Trip bubble bros walked right through everything. Kyored, sorry I bailed all of a sudden had to take care of some stuff b4 running more poe. Got all 3 guardians at lvl 33 now. Who's running poe 34?
I'm down for PoE 34.

Titan again.

Thanks for the nice run ;)

ich00

I'm leveling up my Deadshot Luna for full auto/explosive rounds, it is an exquisite weapon. The fire rate is just nuts. Still the Synesthete isn't that far behind and smokes it in Stability terms. They're all good though. Hell the Zero Point LOTP is a solid stand-in for Gheleon's Demise, which is still my favorite scout in the game personally.

I spent all my extra weapon parts getting the Synesthete full auto with firefly, didn't get great middle perks, I'm really enjoying the gun with its set up.

I've gotten so many other guns that I want to try out and play with rerforging, just haven't had the time yet. It's going to be real fun over the next few weeks once getting to 34 is over with and re-looking at my armory to see what stays and what goes

The clip size is pretty similar, I'd say make the call based on what you like/prefer out of these:

One/One Synesthete is the faster-firing and more balanced overall
Zero Point LOTP is the slower-firing but more damaging

As a full auto/firefly base I'd vote for the Synesthete, and hope for a reload-buffing option in the middle tree.

Both have awesome names.

Decided on the zero point. Third mote in I got what I wanted :)

Oddly enough it was the very slightly increased clip size that sold me and the extra stability. Middle tree (as always always is the case when you get auto/firefly) wasn't amazing. So I went with feather clip. Not sure how many less shots I will get, but reload is now maxed out full bar.

I didn't have enough vanguard marks for the other scout, the crucible marks were gathering dust. That helped me decide too. :D

GhaleonEB

I've been a bit of a hermit since HoW released, playing solo on my lowly Titan (now level 10) and working through the story missions on my Hunter. Now that I'm done I'll be back in the NF/Weekly groove, and down to run the story missions co-op on my Warlock if anyone wants to jump in while I'm playing. I really wanted to solo them the first time through.

The story campaign was awesome, the last two missions super awesome. One was a brilliant repurposing of an existing space, the other a pitch-perfect final battle.

My only issue is, the campaign desperately cried out for an ending cinematic with the queen. The voice over and bounty closure did not do justice to the quality of the missions and the story they told.

My final mission started out with me right in the middle of a prowling wolf pack, tangoing with a fellow 32. We took them down, after which the ether chest granted my first treasure key. Now I has 2. :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wow, old legendaries are really gone for good? They don't just add stuff to the table?
To be honest I have no idea whatsoever if you mean the engram loot table. Who knows what's in there or if there's weighting.

I just mean the vendor ones can no longer be bought at those vendors- don't see many 77 Wizards running around these days, and I'm certainly never letting mine go.
I got full auto explosive and third eye for my one/one. Happy camper here :)
That's an awesome combo.
I spent all my extra weapon parts getting the Synesthete full auto with firefly, didn't get great middle perks, I'm really enjoying the gun with its set up.

I've gotten so many other guns that I want to try out and play with rerforging, just haven't had the time yet. It's going to be real fun over the next few weeks once getting to 34 is over with and re-looking at my armory to see what stays and what goes
Lol yeah my Deadshot Luna with Full Auto/Explosive has Outlaw too, which actually isn't ideal because so many kills will be explosive/non-precision. But I wasn't willing to keep rerolling it, it's close enough. I just wanted the infinite explosive round AR effect. Only have full auto unlocked so far but man it's fun to shoot.
Decided on the zero point. Third mote in I got what I wanted :)

Oddly enough it was the very slightly increased clip size that sold me and the extra stability. Middle tree (as always always is the case when you get auto/firefly) wasn't amazing. So I went with feather clip. Not sure how many less shots I will get, but reload is now maxed out full bar.

I didn't have enough vanguard marks for the other scout, the crucible marks were gathering dust. That helped me decide too. :D
Well hey good call. That's my preferred scout type, and definitely whichever one lines up with the marks you need to burn is the right way to go.

Impala26

ugh, wish the loot cave to be still there: I'm out of weapon parts. have ascended only 6 exotic weapons.

Strike Playlist (specifically Dragon Strikes now) is probably the most efficient way of getting engrams aside from farming the ether chests. Just be sure to free up most of your weapon spots and dismantle those greens as you go so you can do like 4-5 strikes before going to the Cryptarch(s).

Speaking of key farming, they should give the gunsmith some sort of synth exchange with the rate green synths are dropping from those chests.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Strike Playlist (specifically Dragon Strikes now) is probably the most efficient way of getting engrams aside from farming the ether chests. Just be sure to free up most of your weapon spots and dismantle those greens as you go so you can do like 4-5 strikes before going to the Cryptarch(s).

Speaking of key farming, they should give the gunsmith some sort of synth exchange with the rate green synths are dropping from those chests.
Pick up and dismantle all greens but you can keep going even after your inventory is stuffed with blues as long as you have room at the postmaster. They'll go straight there and then you can decrypt/dismantle 20+ engrams at once.
You just need to have done lvl 28 on that character.
You need to have DONE 28? You can't just jump into 32 if you want to once you unlock PoE?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

XHAq2XE.jpg

Ramirez

I tried using explosive rounds for PVP on the Luna, but I guess that was nerfed at some point? I rolled mine to Icarus/Crowd Control. I really wanted Icarus/Third Eye, but never could get it.

Doubt I'll use it in Trials, but I'm having a lot of fun with it in Skirmish and Salvage. Maybe once the HCs are brought in, I'll be able to use it in Trials.

rNilla

My only issue is, the campaign desperately cried out for an ending cinematic with the queen. The voice over and bounty closure did not do justice to the quality of the missions and the story they told.

As much as HoW is all about the Queen it's odd that she is entirely absent save for a voice-over or two.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I tried using explosive rounds for PVP on the Luna, but I guess that was nerfed at some point? I rolled mine to Icarus/Crowd Control. I really wanted Icarus/Third Eye, but never could get it.

Doubt I'll use it in Trials, but I'm having a lot of fun with it in Skirmish and Salvage. Maybe once the HCs are brought in, I'll be able to use it in Trials.
Explosive rounds can still be viable in the Crucible, but yeah the effect was nerfed. It used to just completely fuck up your screen

BondFancy

S/O to the Bad Juju in pvp, that thing is a monster, outgunned TLW, Thorn, and Vex very consistently. They just get hit was a barrage of bullets and freak out.

Kalamari

I think faster firing Scouts may be better for full auto/firefly and slower firing ones are probably better for full auto/explosive rounds.

dB Viper

Is the Deadshot Luna's rate of fire/potential full auto roll better than my Another NITC with Firefly, Outlaw and Explosive Rounds?

Curious if I should buy one or ascend this to 365. I love this gun, got it from a NF wayyy back.

Deku Tree

Is the Deadshot Luna's rate of fire/potential full auto roll better than my Another NITC with Firefly, Outlaw and Explosive Rounds?

Curious if I should buy one or ascend this to 365. I love this gun, got it from a NF wayyy back.

That combo is now no longer in the list of possibilities BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom