• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arrrammis

Can confirm Party Crasher +1 is a beast.

Rolled:

Field Choke
Aggressive Ballistics

Shot Package

Rifled Barrell (increased Range, reduced Reload)

Kneepads
Nice roll! I managed to get almost exactly the same thing (replace kneepads with the "run faster after a kill" perk)

Solar damage BTW, looking forward to that last PoE fight with it.

dB Viper

Nice roll! I managed to get almost exactly the same thing (replace kneepads with the "run faster after a kill" perk)

Solar damage BTW, looking forward to that last PoE fight with it.

I rolled Arc... I wanted Solar, but didn't want to re-roll and lose what I had!! :eek:

border

I hope Bungie plans on giving us something to do with all the spare Weapon Cores we're going to accumulate. Most people will be banking and not spending 2-6 Weapon Cores per week, even assuming that they buy whatever Variks is selling.

Deku Tree

I hope Bungie plans on giving us something to do with all the spare Weapon Cores we're going to accumulate. Most people will be banking 2-4 Weapon Cores per week, even assuming that they buy whatever Variks is selling.

They did. Buy a judgements chance.

After comet in the fall maybe you can trade them for motes or glimmer at the speaker.

LTWood12

I think you would, you just don't have "free" treasure key from completing all of the HoW missions. Go be our ginea pig!

I've done 28, 32, & 34 on my main. Was going to burn through Story to open it on my 2nd character tonight, but I'll only have a couple hours and won't be able to get back on until Sunday. Want to make the most of my time.

I have an extra treasure key :)

I have no keys. :(

Unless Elder Cipher drops from Skolas.

*checks*

OH SHIT! It can drop from Uroxx?!?!
Thought we were doing 34 at like 5/6? Still have time to do 35 but I'm not doing it yet until I get another key.

Farming for one is incredibly annoying right now. Where did you see that it drops from Uroxx?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Do you need a key to get your etheric light at level 34 and 35 on PoE?
Absolutely not- Armor and Weapon Cores, and Etheric Light, are guaranteed once-per-week rewards.

The exotic and legendary rolls from keys can be received once per run, on any level, with no weekly restrictions. But save one key for your first 35 completion if you want the Ship, Shader and Emblem.

Maybe a dumb question, but if I haven't 'unlocked' PoE on a character, do I still get the rewards for doing it on said character?

It won't let you do it. One of my clan mates tried running it with us on his 3rd character before doing story and it wouldn't let me launch the arena.

border

They did. Buy a judgements chance.

After comet in the fall maybe you can trade them for motes or glimmer at the speaker.

Judgement's Chance requires an Armor Core, and most people will be spending 3 Armor Cores per week rather than banking them, for the forseeable future. So very quickly the Armor Core:Weapon Core ratio in your inventory is going to be out of whack. Most people will still windup with an unusable stack of Weapon Cores.

LTWood12

Judgement's Chance requires an Armor Core, and most people will be spending 3 Armor Cores per week rather than banking them, for the forseeable future. So very quickly the Armor Core:Weapon Core ratio in your inventory is going to be out of whack.

Has anyone dismantled any of the PoE weapons or armor they've gotten from cores? If dismantling gave you etheric light that would be a good solution.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Judgement's Chance requires an Armor Core, and most people will be spending 3 Armor Cores per week rather than banking them, for the forseeable future. So very quickly the Armor Core:Weapon Core ratio in your inventory is going to be out of whack.
I don't understand, why would this continue after you have one of each piece?

Nope. It's a guaranteed drop. You get it upon completing the arena no matter what.

Etheric Light is a guarunteed drop. Reward key is only for an RNG chest.

Absolutely not- Armor and Weapon Cores, and Etheric Light, are guaranteed once-per-week rewards.

The exotic and legendary rolls from keys can be received once per run, on any level, with no weekly restrictions. But save one key for your first 35 completion if you want the Ship, Shader and Emblem.
Thought so but someone on Reddit was saying otherwise.

Also, make sure you have a bounty slot free when you beat 34 or 35 and you might get the Elder Cipher bounty! http://i.imgur.com/Mc0PA79.jpg

Can't wait to get the Boomer cannon in Comet!

border

Well, "for the forseeable future" meaning the next month or so.....assuming you are running one of each class. After the first 4 weeks (hopefully) you'll stop needing the Armor Cores, but by that point you've already built up a stack of Weapon Cores.

ocean

Banned
There's a ton of different perks from what I gather, with bonuses for Hove, Fallen, Cabal and Vex. Crazies might want a full PoE Fallen bonus set for instance and end up with the same gauntlets 4x for different perks :p

Mindlog

Can't stack those queen jewels. Crap.

Sitting on 400 Vanguard Marks and nothing to do with them.
"I know! My Titan could use an arc shotgun. Let me buy whatever they have and reforge it into something useful."
>:\
"Of course there is no Vanguard shotgun. Why would there be?"

I guess I could buy the sniper and reforge that. I'm pretty bummed by the extremely limited Vanguard selection this time around. I can spend Crucible marks with no problem. I'll probably be capped out on Vanguard marks with all of my characters from here until Comet.

On the bright side I forgot I had a Queen's shotgun in my Vault. Reforged that and my Titan is happy.

Thanks for the answer. Story missions it is then.

No problem! Story shouldn't take too long.

Well impressed at people hitting 34 already! I got to the final round on 34 PoE earlier but ran out of time as I had to go collect the little en from nursery. This thread is moving too fast to keep up (yay!) but has anyone noticed on the hive arena if
you keep to high ground that the waves don't come into the arena and you can disarm mines freely and then by careful movement you can trigger each individual doors wave coming in. It made the 34 version stupidly easy.
(<<<<potential cheese)

Hope those spoiler tags worked as I'm doing this from phone.

Anyone have any thoughts on a vendor HC?

I have my eyes on either the Red Hand IX or Fulcrum... open to other options if they exist though... looking for something in between a Fatebringer and a Lash.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well, "for the forseeable future" meaning the next month or so.....assuming you are running one of each class. After the first 4 weeks (hopefully) you'll stop needing the Armor Cores, but by that point you've already built up a stack of Weapon Cores.
Oh, I was just forseeing past that I guess. Figured the armor cores would start to pile up. But I guess people will rarely buy more than one weapon. Maybe they will need some new sink.
There's a ton of different perks from what I gather, with bonuses for Hove, Fallen, Cabal and Vex. Crazies might want a full PoE Fallen bonus set for instance and end up with the same gauntlets 4x for different perks :p
Whoa. Didn't realize there was any variation.
Can't stack those queen jewels. Crap.

Sitting on 400 Vanguard Marks and nothing to do with them.
"I know! My Titan could use an arc shotgun. Let me buy whatever they have and reforge it into something useful."
>:\
"Of course there is no Vanguard shotgun. Why would there be?"

I guess I could buy the sniper and reforge that. I'm pretty bummed by the extremely limited Vanguard selection this time around. I can spend Crucible marks with no problem. I'll probably be capped out on Vanguard marks with all of my characters from here until Comet.

On the bright side I forgot I had a Queen's shotgun in my Vault. Reforge that and my Titan is happy.
There is a stock refresh countdown on the Vanguard vendor now... to say any more than that would be speculation of course.

hydruxo

Anyone have any thoughts on a vendor HC?

I have my eyes on either the Red Hand IX or Fulcrum... open to other options if they exist though... looking for something in between a Fatebringer and a Lash.

Can't go wrong with Red Hand IX, I love that gun. Fulcrum is good too. Really it's whatever you prefer statwise since you can reroll them both. RoF and impact is the same on both, but reload/stability/range is different.

Mindlog

There is a stock refresh countdown on the Vanguard vendor now... to say any more than that would be speculation of course.
I know there used to be, but I didn't see one when I went there.
Destinytracker is showing an extended stay for the current lineup.
flNFsuS.png
I don't know if it was still in question, but I hadn't seen it confirmed that Queen bounties are indeed weekly.

Carl

Anyone need to do a nightfall or a 34 PoE?

Warning though I've not done 34 yet so I may be shit. I have a Gjallahorn though

ocean

Banned
Oh, I was just forseeing past that I guess. Figured the armor cores would start to pile up. But I guess people will rarely buy more than one weapon. Maybe they will need some new sink.

Whoa. Didn't realize there was any variation.

Yeah the weapons are fixed with fallen perks but all the armor has a bonus option for each enemy class. Wonder if they'll be sold or kept as random drops though...

border

Good good. Should takes us 35 minutes to complete. I believe I have you both on my friend list.

Border, doesn't matter which one. I'll be going with my Titan.

Sounds fine, I will probably just do Titan as well. Send me an invite when FloatingDivider has wrapped up his 32 PoE. I will be bouncing back and forth between this thread and my PS4 for a bit.

NeOak

So i just finished the story after taking my time with it and doing it lv 32 for those extra motes of light.

Anyone up for PoE 28 and 32 after? :O

First time ._.

psn is neoaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom