• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenden

Banned
The little chests, seems like always yes. The big chest, only if you have a key, but it can be any level.

Yeah. You won't get the guaranteed drops, just chests. So you might as well run a 28. Chests are the same either way (is what folks are thinking right now at least).

i bought gin but forgot tonic.

Amateur hour. You forgot the limes too didn't you??? How are you supposed to avoid malaria and scurvy without tonic and limes. You're only left with the drunken side effect of a gin and tonic.

I guess that isn't really an amateur move, you're a pro.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Amateur hour. You forgot the limes too didn't you??? How are you supposed to avoid malaria and scurvy without tonic and limes. You're only left with the drunken side effect of a gin and tonic.

I guess that isn't really an amateur move, you're a pro.
I tip my newly poured Hawkian Slider to you; it's a Gin & Tonic with lime absent the tonic and lime.
Yeah. You won't get the guaranteed drops, just chests. So you might as well run a 28. Chests are the same either way (is what folks are thinking right now at least).
The first time you do use a key on 35, you get a Ship, Shader and Emblem. Other than that the rolls do seem identical.

ocean

Banned
If I play 34 again with the same character do I get drops from the chests again?
The two cheats only award loot once per character per difficulty level - that's where the Cores are. It's on a Raid-like weekly reset.

The large chest you can open as many times as you like per week as long as you have Treasure Keys.

The first Treasure Key per character is guaranteed an Exotic. Subsequent Key uses in the same character are Queen's weapons with a chance at exotics but no guarantee.

I don't know if that guaranteed exotic is only for your very first time with a character or for the first time per week on a character though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The two cheats only award loot once per character per difficulty level - that's where the Cores are. It's on a Raid-like weekly reset.

The large chest you can open as many times as you like per week as long as you have Treasure Keys.

The first Treasure Key per character is guaranteed an Exotic. Subsequent Key uses in the same character are Queen's weapons with a chance at exotics but no guarantee.

I don't know if that guaranteed exotic is only for your very first time with a character or for the first time per week on a character though.
The cores and etheric light are completely unrelated to the chests. You will get them even if you don't make it to the chests, physically. It occurs as a "drop" in the treasure room.

I don't think anyone knows the answer on that last one.

The first time you do use a key on 35, you get a Ship, Shader and Emblem. Other than that the rolls do seem identical.

So outside of the shader/ship/emblem, the key chest's loot table is exactly the same across all four PoEs?

So I can use a key on lvl 28 have the same chance rolls on lvl 35?

I'm not even going to attempt it till I hit 34. Hopefully next week.

Unrelated note, what are we expecting from tomorrow? Etheric light? Treasure keys? Ballerhorns?
Gjallerhorns that have an upgrade that shoots out keys that requires 3 etheric light to upgrade.

They will cost exactly how many shards/energies you had before turning them into motes.

I don't get the point of putting a perk on a gun that stuns Captains when the gun does void damage.

11102671_893359424035663_2507405173973461120_n.jpg

I don't get the point of putting a perk on a gun that stuns Captains when the gun does void damage. ]

That last enemy-specific perk is randomly pulled from a pool... Which is pretty silly, especially when you see stuff like that. I really don't like having that entire last column devoted to these goofy enemy type perks.

BondFancy

Very excited to see Xur tomorrow hoping he bring lots of new exotic armour. Also, to anyone that has the ram for the warlock, how good is it?

holy shit that gold tier trials reward requires 8 wins

wonder what it gives?

gear piece only needs 5.. that shouldn't be too bad with a buff (or 2)? can you use have multiple buffs?

Stackboy

Loving the new DLC. Did all the story missions, strike and lvl 28 PoE last night, got Hawkmoon in the chest room! Leveled to 32 too.

Keen to do it all again with my second char. My PSN ID is StackboyRoyale. I play mostly at nights and on weekends, Australia time. Feel free to add me. I love running raids too.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Big thanks to Fig and Nami for helping me through my first 34 PoE. Got the Queens Fusion Rifle and now have to deal with the dilemma of what to use my first Etheric Light on :-/

BokehKing

Banned
Judgements Chance

1 armor core and 1 weapon core

Description 'attain for a chance to aquire prison of elders awards'

Does that mean you trade them in for a key?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom