• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome. I'll be around, but I may be chasing fickle treasures such as Vision, Fatebringer, Treasure Keys, etc. We're trying to get folks together tonight for some Hard VoG. I haven't had much time thus far and have only done a bit of Prison of Elders.

But I have thus far managed a fully upgraded Titan Alpha Lupi and a 365 Vex, so I'm happy for now. Eagerly awaiting work to be over to upgrade some more exotics courtesy of Mr. Agent of the Nine. :p

Tomorrow or Sunday would be better anyways. All the sweaties will be on today!

I'm free all weekend so it doesn't really matter what time for me.

Homeboyd

Not naming any names but Skolas has it out for someone.
My tip would be... don't throw a bubble at all.

Spread out. 2 up top.. 1 down below to the right. This will cause him to aggro in different directions. If he teleports up into your bubble, you're done. WoL doesn't help so it just gets in the way. We had almost immediate success when we stopped dropping bubbles.

I know you've beaten it before too.. just saying it might help. It did for us.

spyder_ur

One thing I like about PoE is it has made strength builds more viable. It's definitely more valuable than intellect in PoE, and all 3 classes can get out of sticky situations with a well timed melee that gives them a shield or invis.

Arrrammis

Does anyone have a strat to beat the level 32 PoE that doesnt involve hunkering down in the little side room as you enter the cell? There are so many adds and majors, it seems like it would be suicide.
If you follow the left wall around, there's an alcove there that let's you crouch for cover and stand up to shoot. The enemies can only come 1 or 2 at a time except for when you poke over to shoot. Having at least one person there and one person where you described spreads out the adds a lot. Also, kill all the adds before bringing down his shield, then wreck him. The adds only respawn when the message shows up that his shield is charging.

Bubble shield and 3 Gjallarhorns as soon as the door opens.

Yeah, we did that, takes him down quick, just curious if anyone has a strat that isn't just staying at the entrance, but moving around the arena. It seems a lot of encounters that throw tons of shit at you end up just hunkering down under cover or Ghorn spam.

Jinjo

Sharding some old legendary stuff for motes. The thirst for celestial is real lol.

Protip: sharding old maxed 300 attack gear yields you energy/shards which you can convert to atleast 3 motes.

Anyway, looking for one more for Nightfall: JinjoNL

If you follow the left wall around, there's an alcove there that let's you crouch for cover and stand up to shoot. The enemies can only come 1 or 2 at a time except for when you poke over to shoot. Having at least one person there and one person where you described spreads out the adds a lot. Also, kill all the adds before bringing down his shield, then wreck him. The adds only respawn when the message shows up that his shield is charging.

Ok, that sounds better. I will look for that next time.

KxoZz

Anyone know if you can do ToO with more than one group? Say 4 matches with one and 4 matches with another?

each character must buy a trials passage, all progress is saved to that passage and since it's a mission item it can't be transfered to other characters, so no :/

c1rcae

each character must buy a trials passage, all progress is saved to that passage and since it's a mission item it can't be transfered to other characters, so no :/

I think what he's saying is can you use the same character but within different teams of 3, I believe the answer to that is yes.

CFoAVp7VEAEmNux.jpg:large
not sure if I should risk the rest of my motes or just quit now

Trace

Banned
I think what he's saying is can you use the same character but within different teams of 3, I believe the answer to that is yes.

Yea that's what I was asking. Anyone up for some ToO then? I promised my friend I'd play with him but he's at work atm and I want to get a few rounds in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom