• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
Hi guys.

Where can I get some good armour that doesn't involve vanguard marks? I've been trying to do strikes to earn some good armour but pointing my cursor at a boss and fire for 10 minutes is testing my resolve!

Surely there must be other ways to get some good armour right?

I have both DLC packs if that helps.
You can also buy armor using Crucible Marks if that's more to your liking. Once you're higher level you'll have options other than buying for Marks, such as getting Armor Cores for PoE armor or competing in the Trials of Osiris for their armor.

Namikaze1

Yeah, I'm really not impressed with any of the wolves weapons either at this point.

I do want the wolves solar shotgun however, and would REALLY like a solar hand cannon as well. It's going to probably be a while before I have my perfect setup again.
The shotgun is okay. Takes 3 for what takes Found Verdict 2 to do.

Lnkn52

Bubble in airlock with 7 rockets loaded. Peek out, shoot all rockets, return to bubble for synth and reload. 7 more rockets. Boss dead. No need to worry about goblins or crazy detains.

Gjalla true MVP as always. Have t played but this is what I read on Reddit.

Did you "Record that"?

Shito

35 arc burn, bungie please. Do they veto these modifiers first? I was surprised last week with solar burn, but arc burn is just stupid with every add being a monster now. Was hoping to do it for the first time this week, but I think I'll give it a miss.
Yeah, Bungie always chooses the modifiers. Fallen and Hive are always arc, Cabal are most always angry, Hive are most always lightswitch, and so on and so on. Look at the 32 this week / the past week's 34: arc burn on the hive defusing phase, solar burn on the boss. This shit is not random.

noomi

I know it's still real early for this but! I have some terrible OT title ideas....

Destiny |OT23| 9-0 ToO Won, Oh!

Get it? 90210? Like.... that show. You know?

or how about.....

Destiny |OT23| 9-0 ToO Hard

Hyun Sai

So it seems like there is no guaranteed exotic for the first chest of the week. The key farming seems like utterly pointless now compared to the usual Gorgon / Atheon and Yr Ut / Crota farm.

I also did Petra bounties, no key either like last week.

ocean

Banned
In airlock? Won't you be teleported to arena ?
Sorry that was stupidly phrased of me. I should have said at the airlock exit or wherever you feel comfortable. I think the main idea behind this "strat" is that this enemy, like all others, will go down quick if you burn him with 7x3x2 Gjallarhorns.

noomi

I have the solar PoE shotgun. It's kind of amazing. Shame the race-specific perks aren't a bonus anymore like the VoG weapons but take up an actual perk slot. Still, it will be my captain wrecking machine (since mine disables captain abilities)

The shotgun is okay. Takes 3 for what takes Found Verdict 2 to do.

I mainly want a legendary solar shotgun to be able to equip an exotic in primary or heavy slots. I use the invective, but it's limits me to using other weapons that don't necessarily result in "the ultimate setup"

ocean

Banned
I know it's still real early for this but! I have some terrible OT title ideas....

or how about.....

9-0 ToO Hard, Ow.

I'll show myself out.

Waldini

or how about.....

9-0 ToO! Beaver ...

XD

PoE 32 = Armor Core
PoE 34 = Armor/Weapon Core?
PoE 35 = Both Cores + Light?

... or does 34 give Light as well?

Sorry that was stupidly phrased of me. I should have said at the airlock exit or wherever you feel comfortable. I think the main idea behind this "strat" is that this enemy, like all others, will go down quick if you burn him with 7x3x2 Gjallarhorns.

thank mate, will try this tonight.

Jinjo

Shock grenades wreck in Skolas now lol. It's a one-shot kill.

Just came back from my lunch break: for how long have they been there?
It looks brutal as hell, haha.

Not that long yet, about 45 minutes, haven't been paying attention too much (at work too lol).

NinjaBoiX

You can also buy armor using Crucible Marks if that's more to your liking. Once you're higher level you'll have options other than buying for Marks, such as getting Armor Cores for PoE armor or competing in the Trials of Osiris for their armor.
Oh right, so I can buy them with crucible marks instead? Sweet!

Crucible marks are easy to come buy, Vanguard marks feel like hard, not particularly fun work.

Lnkn52

Just don't watch Streamerhouse playing Skolas right now if you're already afraid of Arc burn lol.

I have the solar PoE shotgun. It's kind of amazing. Shame the race-specific perks aren't a bonus anymore like the VoG weapons but take up an actual perk slot. Still, it will be my captain wrecking machine (since mine disables captain abilities)

Lol, shock grenades! Ahhh. Streamerhouse is so funny.

This I like. or we can streamline it

Destiny |OT23| ToO Hard

I never made it to the Lighhthouse last reset. Hopefully this week :(

Went 9-1, 9-2 and 9-3 on each character. Flawless seems like too much to ask IMO. Especially without ranked matchmaking.

I'm also not a fan that the map will change each week so my strategies I was finally getting down by the end of last reset are now useless and I'll have to figure it out again

=\

ocean

Banned
Oh right, so I can buy them with crucible marks instead? Sweet!

Crucible marks are easy to come buy, Vanguard marks feel like hard, not particularly fun work.
You need Reputation though. You can check your reputation with every faction on your inventory screen, there's a drop down menu that shows the Marks you have as well as your rep.

Before you can buy armor from a vendor you need to reach Reputation Rank 2 with them (you begin at Rank 0).

If you are wearing a normal class item, Strikes and Patrol bounties will give you Vanguard reputation while Crucible activities will give you Crucible rep.

If you go to a Factiom Vendor (there's three of them: Future War Cult, New Monarchy and Dead Orbit) you can buy a class item from their faction. It'll eventually pool all rep - from Vanguard and Crucible activities - into that faction.

So if you buy a Future War Cult cloak for your Hunter for instance and the. Do Vanguard bounties they'll feed your FWC rep. Crucible bounties will also feed FWC rep. Patrol bounties, Strikes, Crucible matches, Weekly Heroic etc will all feed your faction of choice.

Each faction has different stuff so look around before you commit to grinding the reputation for one! I myself like Grenade and Super cool down more than my melee because of my play style. Because of this, I look to Future War Cult for my armor, since it rolls with Intellect and Discipline.

NinjaBoiX

Thanks ocean, that's a lot of help.
Yup, after almost 820 hours with destiny, I just hit rank 3 in crucible on my main....

Those crucible rewards and rep were crap until HoW.
Yeah, but at least crucible is fun.

These strikes man, play the same level you've already done but now with a boss takes about 10 minutes to kill.

...yaaaayyyy...

To the crucible!

Jinjo

Guess Bungie took the "lv35 max gjallarhorns only" complaints seriously and turned it into: "lv35 max Thunderlords only" lol.

noomi

These strikes man, play the same level you've already done but now with a boss takes about 10 minutes to kill.

...yaaaayyyy...

To the crucible!

Oh I love crucible now haha. I make sure to do the dailies x3 and ToO was an absolute blast. Already looking forward to the next one.

Roc strikes get pretty boring quickly, although the new Dragon one drops some really nice goodies :D

...yaaaayyyy...

To the crucible!

Crucible is fun, I just wish there were objective game modes. Closest thing we have is Salvage and that still can easily just come down to kills. There's also Control, but that's just TDM with a kill multiplier.

I want some KoTH or capture the flag! Some type of Juggernaut mode would be cool too, they could run around with a sword.

I need it twice, will come 3 times though, will join in a sec.

Wasted a key and got the sniper only, no exotic. Keys are uselesss :|

I said this to a teammate last night and they thought I was crazy. ToO legendaries are better, Vanilla through TDB exotic rolls are much easier to come by in all of the old spots (gorgon/atheon/crota), and HoW exotics are boss drops (quest things). I really think the keys were just a fun way to be introduced to PoE and aren't a long term farm strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom