• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's still real early for this but! I have some terrible OT title ideas....

Destiny |OT23| 9-0 ToO Won, Oh!

Get it? 90210? Like.... that show. You know?

or how about.....

Destiny |OT23| 9-0 ToO Hard

How about later Van Halen reference?

Destiny |OT23| OU8-1ToO

Zoidberg

I said this to a teammate last night and they thought I was crazy. ToO legendaries are better, Vanilla through TDB exotic rolls are much easier to come by in all of the old spots (gorgon/atheon/crota), and HoW exotics are boss drops (quest things). I really think the keys were just a fun way to be introduced to PoE and aren't a long term farm strategy.

It took me 2 hours to farm that bloody key as well

nOoblet16

Guys I've started using Jumper control scheme, the only issue I have outside of pressing X outside of habit (leading to super) is that my aim is worse with throwing knife when trying to hit moving targets. That plus I need to get used to switching between L1 and L2 quickly, because otherwise I am spending a lot of time hip firing.

ich00

Morning DGaf!

I didn't see anyone post this yet: people on Reddit are saying that the PoE chest does not give a guaranteed exotic on the first open of the week. So there's that.

Played a lot of ToO on Friday and then again Monday. It seemed like the competition either got a little tougher or (probably) just smarter between the two days. Same group I ran with Friday and almost got flawless a few times, was having trouble getting to 7-8 wins on Monday. Snipers seemed much more prevalent. It’ll be interesting to see what this week brings.

noomi

Guys I've started using Jumper control scheme, the only issue I have outside of pressing X outside of habit (leading to super) is that my aim is worse with throwing knife when trying to hit moving targets. That plus I need to get used to switching between L1 and L2 quickly, because otherwise I am spending a lot of time hip firing.

I know this is what unstable uses as well, but I don't think I could ever get used to it. Over 800 hours in, it's all muscle memory now, it would probably seriously screw me up lol.

By the way, can anyone tell me what the daily crucible is?

Jinjo

Damn, streamerhouse got so close just now. They had all the mines down just had to damage them. But one of them was continously down so poison got them.

Shito

How about just straight up Patience & Time/Arc Snipers with weapons of light? Arc nades would be nasty too I imagine.
Streamerhouse has been trying that for probably something like one hour and a half now.
They just had a good run where they managed to bring him down to something like 1/8 life, but couldn't survive the adds in the end. Once someone in the team dies, it gets reaaally complicated it seems.

[EDIT]
Jinjo-ed! :D

nOoblet16

I know this is what unstable uses as well, but I don't think I could ever get used to it. Over 800 hours in, it's all muscle memory now, it would probably seriously screw me up lol.

By the way, can anyone tell me what the daily crucible is?

It's control.

Also it can be learned, it isn't all that much different honestly since Right click is now melee (like every other shooter), L1 is jump like Mirror's edge/Dying light, X is super and R1 is grenade (again like every other shooter).

Everything else is exactly the same.

PuMa

Jumper is life. Started that almost at the beginning of Destiny, and there is no going back.

Y'all are weird using the control schemes and shit of the guys who do well. I mean, if it makes you do better more power to you, but it seems like the same thinking that gets people to turn their sensitivity up super high for no reason.

phen0m24

OT23|Stuck in the House all day
OT23|Can't find my House key
OT23|Solar burning down the house
OT23|Arc hive? Haunted House
OT23|it's a Mad House
OT23|Can we make this House our Home?

RemiLP

So now i have to wait until the weekend to play toO?

Whats the point of that? I dont even care about the rewards that much, i just wanna play pvp where winning mathers to people. Makes it so much more fun.

Really dont understand why they arnt making pvp better for competetive play. Even toO, as hard as it is for most people, for the true competetive pvpers, its still playing in public servers. You see people like unstable pretty much going 9-0 while doing it all by himselfe.

Why not just add a ranked playlist with skilled based mm? Give people a challange.

PuMa

Y'all are weird using the control schemes and shit of the guys who do well. I mean, if it makes you do better more power to you, but it seems like the same thinking that gets people to turn their sensitivity up super high for no reason.

Turning up the sensitivity is a must. It's not "for no reason". The default sensitivity is way too slow.

Turning up the sensitivity is a must. It's not "for no reason". The default sensitivity is way too slow.
Yeah the 3 is, I'm talking about the people who go overboard and throw it into 7 or 8 because they see that's what a streamer rolls with or something.

noomi

Has anyone listed the PoE and ToO rewards for the week? Curious what they have for sale but I'm at work.

Chest and Fusion rifle. ToO vendor doesn't show any rewards... which is kind of weird.

Streamerhouse has been trying that for probably something like one hour and a half now.
They just had a good run where they managed to bring him down to something like 1/8 life, but couldn't survive the adds in the end. Once someone in the team dies, it gets reaaally complicated it seems.

[EDIT]
Jinjo-ed! :D

Dang... I'll check out the stream now, thanks. Seems like it could take a while to figure out, but I'm sure once someone gets the strat down pat and shares it on gaf/reddit we'll all be taking him down in no time.

It's control.

Also it can be learned, it isn't all that much different honestly since Right click is now melee (like every other shooter), L1 is jump like Mirror's edge/Dying light, X is super and R1 is grenade (again like every other shooter).

Everything else is exactly the same.

Daily crucible is Control.
^Too slow.

Control, nice thanks.

I might try and mess around with it a bit today and see how it is. I'll be honest until a few days ago I didn't even know you could change the control scheme :p

OT23|Stuck in the House all day
OT23|Can't find my House key
OT23|Solar burning down the house
OT23|Arc hive? Haunted House
OT23|it's a Mad House
OT23|Can we make this House our Home?

OT23|Hunting for keys got me feeling special

Reason? Because before HoW I had 2 special ammo synths, now I have 120 :-(

Has anyone listed the PoE and ToO rewards for the week? Curious what they have for sale but I'm at work.
There are no ToO rewards shown this week. It might have been a first week kind of thing, or they'll add them before the weekend, but they're only showing the four packages and no weapon or armor.

The PoE rewards are chest pieces (the titan one has all strength again, WTF) and the Aksor fusion rifle.
EDIT:
Chest and Fusion rifle. ToO vendor doesn't show any rewards... which is kind of weird.
Might not be weird, might be intentional.

PuMa

Yeah the 3 is, I'm talking about the people who go overboard and throw it into 7 or 8 because they see that's what a streamer rolls with or something.

Yeah, 6-7 is the sweet spot for me. Any higher than that and I feel like I'm having a seizure.

|OT23| To the lighthouse!

Zoidberg

Whats up with these strength rolls for the PoE gear? Do they want people to buy this shit or are we expected to roll judgements chance each week to get a good roll

noomi

Whats up with these strength rolls for the PoE gear? Do they want people to buy this shit or are we expected to roll judgements chance each week to get a good roll

Well... who knows maybe the next two armor pieces will be pure intellect and discipline head/boots?

That would be nice... but probably won't happen. I'll be playing the judgements chance game this week.

idk what the default is, but if I go above 5 I start to struggle.

also what's the consensus on auto-aim? On or off. I've run with both, but I felt like hit boxes were a bit off when I turned auto aim off so I turned it back on. But when someone crosses in front of me when I shooting one guy and it diverts my aim and causes me to die I think about turning it off again.

Shito

Yep, they want us to roll judgements OR to wait for the next batch of gears in a few weeks, so we still have a reason to run 32.

I killed myself a lot throwing tripmines when I was trying to melee lol. I need to work on my throwing knife too.

noomi

Yeah, 6-7 is the sweet spot for me. Any higher than that and I feel like I'm having a seizure.

|OT23| To the lighthouse!

idk what the default is, but if I go above 5 I start to struggle.

I just upped mine to 7 from 6 and instantly got more kills.

I'm primarily (or used to be anyway) a PC gamer, and am used to very high mouse sensitivity, so going 6-7 on the controller feels very natural to me.

So now i have to wait until the weekend to play toO?

Whats the point of that? I dont even care about the rewards that much, i just wanna play pvp where winning mathers to people. Makes it so much more fun.

Really dont understand why they arnt making pvp better for competetive play. Even toO, as hard as it is for most people, for the true competetive pvpers, its still playing in public servers. You see people like unstable pretty much going 9-0 while doing it all by himselfe.

Why not just add a ranked playlist with skilled based mm? Give people a challange.

ToO doesn't have skill based rank matching though. And the only reason why people beg to get on trains or care about winning is because loot is on the line and its elimination in both the mode and on your card.

Whenever Bungie adds plain elimination it'll end up like Inferno probably. Mostly meh. That kind of hardcore mode only thrives if the community grows on its own without a quick carrot to push it, think of the hyper-competitive guys from the days of Gears of War 1 & 2. The rampant shit-talking and leaderboards are what drove them. All you have here is your gear to get in ToO and your obscure DB stats.

Tbh I'd be crazy happy if Bungie took a page from Gears and let the two teams shit talk between rounds. Would be amazing imo. Don't see how it would open it up for much colluding since losses are so heavily penalized as of now.

nOoblet16

I already do well, jumper allows me to aim and jump at the same time. It has nothing to do with "using the schemes of guys who do well". There are some things where you will hit the ceiling and hence have to change otherwise you'll only be limiting yourself.

Things like using Auto rifles, even if you do well with it..you'll do much better if you use a pulse rifle or hand canon. It's just a way of getting over a limitation so that you can get more out of your game.

lt519

There are no ToO rewards shown this week. It might have been a first week kind of thing, or they'll add them before the weekend, but they're only showing the four packages and no weapon or armor.

Thank you, guess I'm going with all judgments chances seeing as how the chest was the ToO reward last week

noomi

I already do well, jumper allows me to aim and jump at the same time. It has nothing to do with "using the schemes of guys who do well". There are some things where you will hit the ceiling and hence have to change otherwise you'll only be limiting yourself.

Things like using Auto rifles, even if you do well with it..you'll do much better if you use a pulse rifle or hand canon. It's just a way of getting over a limitation so that you can get more out of your game.

I have a hard time reviving people and doing anything else. If I'm going to revive I basically need to completely stop and not move to get you up. I might be able to move forwards and back though... that's about it.

Some players are able to move around, aim, shoot while reviving. The heck?

Skele7on

Banned
ToO doesn't have skill based rank matching though. And the only reason why people beg to get on trains or care about winning is because loot is on the line and its elimination in both the mode and on your card.

Whenever Bungie adds plain elimination it'll end up like Inferno probably. Mostly meh. That kind of hardcore mode only thrives if the community grows on its own without a quick carrot to push it, think of the hyper-competitive guys from the days of Gears of War 1 & 2. The rampant shit-talking and leaderboards are what drove them. All you have here is your gear to get in ToO and your obscure DB stats.

Tbh I'd be crazy happy if Bungie took a page from Gears and let the two teams shit talk between rounds. Would be amazing imo. Don't see how it would open it up for much colluding since losses are so heavily penalized as of now.

Bungie openly said they don't want that toxic feel, that's why it took MONTHS to get any form of public voice chat enabled, so although it'd be nice, it's not going to happen for a long looooong time.

That being said, I lost a round in Trials got danced and teabagged on, I then proceeded to destroy them the next five and sent my first flame message to the guy....

nOoblet16

It's not so straightforward for console shooters. It depends on preferences because higher sensitivity allows you to turn quick but it also means you cannot take full advantage of the aim assist or aim adhesiveness of the reticule. It also depends on how sticky the aim assist is in the game.

Zoba uses 4 and Unstable uses 7. I used to run 10 then I started experimenting with everything between 4 and 10 and found 6-7 to be where I got my best performance. Sure I'd like to be able to turn faster as 7 still feels quite slow to me who used to play at 10, but it would also mean I'll miss a lot more of my shots...especially considering I now exclusively use sniper and TLW.

Bizazedo

I intend to do Skolas once for the cosmetic stuff and probably never again, at this point. It just doesn't look very fun.

Feels like they designed it for difficulty, first, not fun. That and Gjallahorn ruins everything (from their perspective, I'm sure).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom