• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinjo

It felt that way if you were a 33 last week in the 34 arena because of the level disadvantage.

When fighting the cabal with that modifier, your Primary weapons would do "normal" damage because of the buff while your secondary/heavy would be under the level disadvantage handicap and thus feel nerfed.

I got this modifier in a PoE 28 wave and it was great fun. Special and Heavy were doing their normal damage but my primary was just murdering stuff.

Hmm, it was on PoE lv35 (while being lv34 obviously), but it still felt like my Ballarhorn turned into a Babyhorn.

noomi

3 shots from celestial nighthawk = dead gorgon.

Nice, maybe I'll finally get that grimoire card then :D

Never did my last VoG last week... Not sure if I care about getting the Foil anymore.

Well, it's certainly a nice fusion rifle, but will probably be outshined by one of the newer weapons. Unless you want it purely for collection purposes, I wouldn't try too hard to get it.

It's the one weapon that I almost never see drop.

Thanks.

We're about to try the Skolas strat. Three people with maxed ghorns unloading 14 rockets each. Almost had him a moment ago xD

Sure :) Some have also mentioned that the super good advice might be helpful on those shields, can't wait to try it when I get home later.

How doable it's PoE 34 with a level 33 character?

I used a second armor core so am one etheric light from 34.

I don't want to gimp the group but the only other option seems to be a random drop in NF

Totally doable. I did it with my 33 and was teamed up with another 33 and 34.

Deku Tree

Nice, maybe I'll finally get that grimoire card then :D

Well, it's certainly a nice fusion rifle, but will probably be outshined by one of the newer weapons. Unless you want it purely for collection purposes, I wouldn't try too hard to get it.

It's the one weapon that I almost never see drop.

I see a Foil drop for 1-2 people every week. None of them have ever been me though.

Namikaze1

With Nightfall out of the way, I'll be heading back to PoE.

Anyone interested in doing PoE 32? Just running it one last time before heading back to Witcher.

ocean

Banned
Hmm, it was on PoE lv35 (while being lv34 obviously), but it still felt like my Ballarhorn turned into a Babyhorn.
Yeah that'd be the same effect. The buff to primary weapons balances out your level difference so it feels "normal" while your Horn, lacking that buff, seems weak. It's a much cooler buff when you're playing against same-or-below level enemies since your primaries really do feel crazy. It's like Primary Burn :p

Zoidberg

35 arc burn, bungie please. Do they veto these modifiers first? I was surprised last week with solar burn, but arc burn is just stupid with every add being a monster now. Was hoping to do it for the first time this week, but I think I'll give it a miss.

Anyone for 32 PoE, 34 PoE, VoG (templar, need checkpoint) or nightfall in about 15?

And this is why I'm perfectly fine skipping half the content so far in this dlc. I don't play games to head bang for a tiny amount of progress. And even that progress seems inconsequential if I keep getting shit like NLB everytime I open the chest and requires more farming to just get a chance at opening the damn thing.

I think I've played this game long enough...

This is the other thing that boggles my mind. Not only are the PoE weapons complete shit, but Skolas seems to have low drop rates all around, low enough that it isn't worth doing if it's not going to be solar burn. Sure you get a ship and shader and whatever, but other than that there is seriously no point in doing Skolas. At all. The Exotic Bounty can drop from 34, and you can get cores from both 32/34.

Skolas doesn't even drop unique gear. And if he does, it's probably not worth doing the fight.

Bungie dropped the ball so damn hard on the PvE stuff. I await Bungie to come out and say 'Skolas' health was glitched!'

nOoblet16

Yea that's right game, throw me into a match with two players below level 10 and one man down number wise...in one of the stinkiest maps in the game (Cauldron).

Out of the 7-8 times I've trie control since yesterday atleast 5 times it has thrown me into the Cauldron map, twice in that Pantheon map and once in Shores of Time.

Lnkn52

This is the other thing that boggles my mind. Not only are the PoE weapons complete shit, but Skolas seems to have low drop rates all around, low enough that it isn't worth doing if it's not going to be solar burn. Sure you get a ship and shader and whatever, but other than that there is seriously no point in doing Skolas. At all. The Exotic Bounty can drop from 34, and you can get cores from both 32/34.

Skolas doesn't even drop unique gear. And if he does, it's probably not worth doing the fight.

Bungie dropped the ball so damn hard on the PvE stuff. I await Bungie to come out and say 'Skolas' health was glitched!'

amen

Namikaze1

35 arc burn, bungie please. Do they veto these modifiers first? I was surprised last week with solar burn, but arc burn is just stupid with every add being a monster now. Was hoping to do it for the first time this week, but I think I'll give it a miss.

Anyone for 32 PoE, 34 PoE, VoG (templar, need checkpoint) or nightfall in about 15?
I have one spot open for 32. I'll wait.

I will on my titan
You don't mind waiting 15 minutes so that Zoidberg can join?

How doable it's PoE 34 with a level 33 character?

I used a second armor core so am one etheric light from 34.

I don't want to gimp the group but the only other option seems to be a random drop in NF

Last week i did it with both my level 33 characters. Defintely doable. Im just not sure how much this weeks modifiers will affect that.

Jinjo

Yeah that'd be the same effect. The buff to primary weapons balances out your level difference so it feels "normal" while your Horn, lacking that buff, seems weak. It's a much cooler buff when you're playing against same-or-below level enemies since your primaries really do feel crazy. It's like Primary Burn :p

Sorry, should have clarified, I meant compared to rounds in the same PoE where that modifier wasn't applied. Still, you're probably right I guess because Epic is enabled by default on PoE 35 the effect/difference is probably larger than normally.

Zoidberg

I intend to do Skolas once for the cosmetic stuff and probably never again, at this point. It just doesn't look very fun.

Namikaze1

Yep. It's why I'm most likely gonna replace future PoE 35 runs for the school with 32s and 34s. I sure am not running it this week. I don't have the patience for it. Especially since there's no checkpoints.

Would be nice if Bungie were a bit pro-active on the "soon to be useless currencies", and introduced right now exchanges like exotic shards for etheric lights, or tokens of whatever for etheric lights.
Could be at an abusive rate, like 10 for 1, but at least it would be something.

Same thing for keys.
I'm on board with this. I understand that keys are going to be difficult to come by, but I'm already tired of trying in vain to get a key from the public events. Even if it came at a high exchange rate, it would be nice to have a guaranteed key once a week (maybe this is already the case).

Also, I'll most likely never do the Trials since I've barely touched PvP since the game launched. I have 9 completely useless passage coins that I'd like the opportunity to exchange for something worthwhile for me.

Omni

It worked! Skolas strategy is best strategy. No point in worrying about those shields. Just unload quickly.

someone on my fire team got the exotic bounty >.<

Well after the dust of week one of HoW has settled I've gotten all my characters to 34 with 2 out of 3 having near perfect PVP builds. Just need some less crummy boots or a chest piece from ToO or PoE for my Hunter this week and I'll be good. My final 9-0 netted me yet ANOTHER scholar with fugin solar but whatever, sharded. Really need something arc or void so I can be done with the epilogue and oversoul on burn stuff already.

Gonna be grinding out the crucible dailies up to Thursday for passage coins. Already have like 32 left over from the stacks you get from going 9-0, but I want more just so I can buy the buffs and not stress about running out. Y'all who run without them are nuts. You're just risking an extra disconnect/stomping from a shady team effing up your 3 or 4 streak by not buying the boons. Only on one character did I ever not have my ass saved by the loss mercy, while I repeatedly attempted to get a friend across 9-0 only to witness him fail 3+ times because he never had boons/bought them late. I did manage to sherpa like 3 randies from LFG to 9-0s tho so that felt good.

I honestly don't even see the point of farming keys. Like they get you nothing. I'm hanging onto mine for when I need them for the Elder Cipher. All the end game stuff is just supplied via Variks/Vance

Seems like Bungie wants everyone to play PvP cause they sure don't want us playing PoE.

I know a lot of people were speculating about this when we first learned the details of the expansion. There does appear to be a good amount of PvE content, but regardless of intent, the PvP stuff is by far the "better" content. I'm not a PvP guy, but I plan on focusing my builds on PvP and will most likely spend most of my time there up until Comet.

Namikaze1

Skolas seems like a one and done deal. I did it three times, the first time for the drops and the second and third runs to help out those who haven't done it yet.

noomi

Skolas seems like a one and done deal. I did it three times, the first time for the shader and the second and third runs to help out those who haven't done it yet.

I just really want those elemental primaries and the elder cipher :/ Will keep doing it until it drops.

Namikaze1

I just really want those elemental primaries and the elder cipher :/ Will keep doing it until it drops.
Noomi, trust me when I say this: if the kinetic versions suck, the elemental versions aren't going to be that different.

Best stuff seem to be in ToO anyway.

Also, it drops in 34 as well. Elder Cipher I mean.

ocean

Banned
what strat did you use?
Bubble in airlock with 7 rockets loaded. Peek out, shoot all rockets, return to bubble for synth and reload. 7 more rockets. Boss dead. No need to worry about goblins or crazy detains.

Gjalla true MVP as always. Have t played but this is what I read on Reddit.

Wilde

Just got my third Hawkmoon in my last Nightfall...

After waiting for it for months, I've got three in the last week...

RNG working as intended.

noomi

Noomi, trust me when I say this: if the kinetic versions suck, the elemental versions aren't going to be that different.

Best stuff seem to be in ToO anyway.

Also, it drops in 34 as well. Elder Cipher I mean.

Yeah, I'm really not impressed with any of the wolves weapons either at this point.

I do want the wolves solar shotgun however, and would REALLY like a solar hand cannon as well. It's going to probably be a while before I have my perfect setup again.

*edit*

TOP!

Jinjo

Just don't watch Streamerhouse playing Skolas right now if you're already afraid of Arc burn lol.

Yeah, I'm really not impressed with any of the wolves weapons either at this point.

I do want the wolves solar shotgun however, and would REALLY like a solar hand cannon as well. It's going to probably be a while before I have my perfect setup again.

I have the solar PoE shotgun. It's kind of amazing. Shame the race-specific perks aren't a bonus anymore like the VoG weapons but take up an actual perk slot. Still, it will be my captain wrecking machine (since mine disables captain abilities)

NinjaBoiX

Hi guys.

Where can I get some good armour that doesn't involve vanguard marks? I've been trying to do strikes to earn some good armour but pointing my cursor at a boss and pressing fire for 10 minutes is testing my resolve!

Surely there must be other ways to get some good armour right?

I have both DLC packs if that helps.

nOoblet16

Bubble in airlock with 7 rockets loaded. Peek out, shoot all rockets, return to bubble for synth and reload. 7 more rockets. Boss dead. No need to worry about goblins or crazy detains.

Gjalla true MVP as always. Have t played but this is what I read on Reddit.
In airlock? Won't you be teleported to arena ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom