• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

phen0m24

I've peaked a little into that stuff but don't even know where to start. I got the game at launch, got to level 20 and kinda just dropped off there. But for some reason recently gained a new found interested. I've got a level 31 hunter with most my gear coming from grinding strike playlists and playing crucible (really really badly). But when I come in here and it's like a different language.

Hmm..I am a sucker for some pods..

I've tried a couple times to see if anybody wants to do vault of glass as that's the one thing from the base game I've yet to do, but usually don't get any responses. Maybe will have better luck when the new expansion hype dies down.

Lunar look at this thread on Thursdays as Hawkian puts up a sign up sheet for noobie raids. They are excellent. They sounds exactly like what you're looking for.

If you get one or more pieces of raid armor from Crota's End raid you will likely hit 32, then the path to 33/34 is not too terribly far off. :)

I'm a gaming dad so my in game time varies, but there are many on here with significant time in Destiny. You can usually find someone but it's easier when they feel they "know" you. So hang around, ask questions, even "what does that mean?" and you'll end up with more Destiny friends than you know what to do with. :)

PSN colonelocorn

If it ain't broke... If it works that's cool but I strongly doubt anything is more reliable than sniping, especially if everyone had 365 Spears or something close. Shotties sound super fun though.

Btw I ran a 32 PoE earlier, not sure when I'll be back on but hoepfully I can manage if you/others are still doing PoE or bounties or w/e.

Yeah I'm on and so is ji66a..

TP-DK

Nope, we'll find out on Friday. Same with what gear Brosiris will will selling

Cool. will it start at the same time as last friday or will it be at reset this time?

And youre not guaranteed to get an exotic at your first chest. The two I played with last night only got some crappy legendary weapons even though it was their first chest after reset.

Lunar FC

Lunar look at this thread on Thursdays as Hawkian puts up a sign up sheet for noobie raids. They are excellent. They sounds exactly like what you're looking for.

If you get one or more pieces of raid armor from Crota's End raid you will likely hit 32, then the path to 33/34 is not too terribly far off. :)

I'm a gaming dad so my in game time varies, but there are many on here with significant time in Destiny. You can usually find someone but it's easier when they feel they "know" you. So hang around, ask questions, even "what does that mean?" and you'll end up with more Destiny friends than you know what to do with. :)

PSN colonelocorn

Awesome, ill definitely try getting into that. Thanks.

Deku Tree

I turned off all play station notifications on my mobile. I'll only see them when I turn on my ps4 or open the PS app rarely. Don't mean to offend anybody just gotta focus on RL right now.

I might do some NFs and some 32-34 PoEs sometimes but otherwise I need to drastically reduce my Destiny playtime.

Ken

Anyone ever did it without three Horns?

Yes. Me, Wallach and Shifter did it the regular way cause Wallach didn't have a Horn.

Think Boguester has done it regular way too.

If you mean trying the burn with 2 Horns and a whatever it might be possible.

Ken

Needs more indepent confirmation. Should also work on level 34 if it works on level 35. Do it before patch.

34 ends when boss dies though.

Just a friendly FYI...

PS4 Gold Headset is on sale on amazon, it's a really great headset that many of us here use.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HVBPRUO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Does it have a mic? I don't see a little mic thing unless it's hidden. I'm still using the stock Ps4 mic.

Btw I'm reading stuff about black hammer's hive disruptor perk interfering with white nail. Is that still a thing or am I safe to get hive disruptor now.

noomi

Does it have a mic? I don't see a little mic thing unless it's hidden. I'm still using the stock Ps4 mic.

Btw I'm reading stuff about black hammer's hive disruptor perk interfering with white nail. Is that still a thing or am I safe to get hive disruptor now.

It has a mic, it's hidden though, there's a little pin hole on the ear piece.

Black Hammer is fixed too :)

Yes. Me, Wallach and Shifter did it the regular way cause Wallach didn't have a Horn.

Think Boguester has done it regular way too.

If you mean trying the burn with 2 Horns and a whatever it might be possible.

Yeah, all my runs were normal, no GH spam- me+DJ+Jigga did two runs the normal way, then me+Valbaar+Breezy did another. Nothing against that strat, it's just not necessary. Snipers and even primaries/scouts do very well as long as you have the timing down for killing the Eye and getting the Jail Break buff.

34 ends when boss dies though.
Not always. You can kill him right before detain and then die and start over. We had his grimoire card before we ever got our loot last night.

We had three horns too, but you don't need them. Just go all the way to the right and pop a bubble and hammer at him, but make sure you kill the eye and have a good shotgun to quickly break out of detain. You can break out using an ascended found verdict without the buff too. We went through three rounds of detain and one revive to kill him legit.

noomi

Glowing eyes on on Celestial Nighthawk when aiming down the sight :eek:

Qbcvs0A.jpg

phen0m24

I turned off all play station notifications on my mobile. I'll only see them when I turn on my ps4 or open the PS app rarely. Don't mean to offend anybody just gotta focus on RL right now.

I might do some NFs and some 32-34 PoEs sometimes but otherwise I need to drastically reduce my Destiny playtime.

Do what you must, Deku. Destiny will wait. :)

Did a PoE 32 with my 32 Warlock last night, and got damn that arc room was a piece of crap. The mechanics weren't interesting or difficult at all, but they force you to defuse a mine right in front of a wizard spawn while boomers are running around like mad men and thrall are jacking up your rockets. Oh yeah, and poppers.

Yeah, all my runs were normal, no GH spam- me+DJ+Jigga did two runs the normal way, then me+Valbaar+Breezy did another. Nothing against that strat, it's just not necessary. Snipers and even primaries/scouts do very well as long as you have the timing down for killing the Eye and getting the Jail Break buff.

Just beat him again...sniper strat is the way to go.

Did a PoE 32 with my 32 Warlock last night, and got damn that arc room was a piece of crap. The mechanics weren't interesting or difficult at all, but they force you to defuse a mine right in front of a wizard spawn while boomers are running around mad men and thrall are jacking up your rockets. Oh yeah, and poppers.
You can use the no spawn cheese. Worked pretty well for us.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6K_SAeAhViI

Jabronium

I apologize if this was covered before, just curious if the big PoE chest is still (usually) yielding exotics on the first run of the week. I did my first run last night (32 with my titan) and only got a Queen's pulse rifle. Bad luck, I'm assuming?

Deku Tree

Did a PoE 32 with my 32 Warlock last night, and got damn that arc room was a piece of crap. The mechanics weren't interesting or difficult at all, but they force you to defuse a mine right in front of a wizard spawn while boomers are running around mad men and thrall are jacking up your rockets. Oh yeah, and poppers.

You can use the no spawn cheese. Worked pretty well for us.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6K_SAeAhViI

Yup do no spawn cheese. Otherwise gotta to Titan bubbles or hunter invis on the mines. Otherwise it's wipe time!

I apologize if this was covered before, just curious if the big PoE chest is still (usually) yielding exotics on the first run of the week. I did my first run last night (32 with my titan) and only got a Queen's pulse rifle. Bad luck, I'm assuming?
No, the guaranteed exotic was only for your first ever PoE on that character.

Save your keys for when you actually need them, IMO... either for the exotic bounties or after doing Skolas for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom