• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
You shouldn't give up so easily. Keep practicing and you will become better.

It's just not close to regular PvP. I can easily get first place and own a regular Crucible match but ToO is ridiculous.

Whatever. It is extremely dissapointed they focused all the good weapons and loot on ToO and PoE has such garbage loot and the need for Treasure Keys.

I feel HoW made things too easy to get to high level, made ToO impossible for decent PvP players due to no ranked matchmaking and PoE is boring with the need for key farming for decent hauls.

In the end I'm kinda feeling my return to the game won't last long.

3 maxed 34 characters already. Older ascended weapons being better than any new ones.

Just not feeling it

I think I just got the honor as the only guardian to not ride the Unstable train to Mercury. Damn you Bungie and your disconnects!

Nonetheless, awesome experience playing with someone that skilled. I think I learned quite a bit.

SkylineRKR

WAT

I play a Dragon strike. I get nothing but some engrams... whatever.. I go to Postmaster and I have fucking 4th Horseman!!!

Only Hawkmoon left now.

ethomaz

Banned
Tips for Skolas that isn't just wiping him with three gallahorns?
Why you guys like to go hard :p

Use any Solar weapon... the Vex is awesome for that.... send a guy to the right side while the other guys go to left... the guy on right will kill two (I forget the name) giving you 40 seconds... and you kill the other on right after that to have 60 seconds of damage... after that you will have it at less than 50% health already.

lt519

Why you guys like to go hard :p

Use any Solar weapon... the Vex is awesome for that.... send a guy to the right side while the other guys go to left... the guy on right will kill two (I forget the name) giving you 40 seconds... and you kill the other on right after that to have 60 seconds of damage... after that you will have it at less than 50% health already.

Because I don't have a horn after 300 hours of playing ):

What do you do when he comes up the platform after you? Run to the other side?

Dineren

Banned
Well the Trials have utterly defeated me. Today my fireteam made it to 90/100 for rank 3 of the elimination grimoire without winning a single game. I've never done too terribly in regular crucible, but I guess it's not really the same as going up against an actual organized team. It got to the point where we were actually happy if we managed to win a round. And then this happened and took even that from us :p.

For $20 this is a decent amount of content.
You have to realise gear is "content" too in Destiny, and so is the PvP stuff....all this is much much more than TDB.

I think both "expansions" suck. Sure there is new stuff to do and everyone is happy but the quality isn't there. PoE isn't all that great, story missions are mostly same missions we've done a million times with more enemies and of course we go backwards. ToO should be a free event and not something you pay for. For once I would like for Bungie to offer a little more than the bare minimum. They didn't have a new raid? Why not have the fallen invade the VoG and create some kind of a "remixed" VoG. Offer something that surprises us, instead of the same old locations with some new enemy spawns.

It's gotten to the point where anything they give us that is an improvement of the low standard they've set when it comes to content makes everyone happy. Sure it's better than what we've had in the past but it doesn't mean it's good

lt519

Oh wow we just got him to like 10% health in one 20 second servitor, black hammer does 8000 per headshot, not too bad.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just did one of the Wolf dude bounties on venus, and couldn't find the chest before the etheric key cooldown expired. That's a lot of fun, great mechanic.

nOoblet16

Well the Trials have utterly defeated me. Today my fireteam made it to 90/100 for rank 3 of the elimination grimoire without winning a single game. I've never done too terribly in regular crucible, but I guess it's not really the same as going up against an actual organized team. It got to the point where we were actually happy if we managed to win a round. And then this happened and took even that from us :p.

Either you and your team are really really awful or you just weren't communicating enough to get to 90 games with no win. I would bet on the latter, most teams you come across on Trials aren't really organised and they don't really know what they are doing and just do things aimlessly. Also if you play defensively then you risk the chance of getting cornered into a death trap, play defensive only if you know you can snipe them even before they come near you.

Decent map control and situation awareness (like always expecting self res, revives > engaging) along with good communication would mean even an average team can do very well.

For $20 this is a decent amount of content.
You have to realise gear is "content" too in Destiny, and so is the PvP stuff....all this is much much more than TDB.

I like the PvP stuff but I feel the PvE content for both expansions has been pretty lackluster. Given the asking price for the pass was 2/3 the cost of the game and it has a focus on end game content I'd like to get 3 or 4 pieces of content which are as fun to play as VoG, we ended up getting 2 attempts that were much worse. It would also be cool if they didn't design so much in PvE around using the Ghorn.

Hunter so sexy

rVrDX1W.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom