• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Zocano

As I said earlier I'm against just buffing weaker weapons to compete against the top tier ones. A power creep is its own big problem in that case.

The whole pvp is a complete mess with too many nerfs, buffs and balance issues. Its wont change for the better or worst at this point.

more like bungie wont change it

nerf thorn
fix the last word
slightly rebalance the vex mythoclast
increase pulse rifle spread
tighten fusion rifle spread but keep range dropoff
buff auto rifle damage
buff scout rifle accuracy
increase shotgun range dropoff
increase blink cooldown

there. games perfect.

This is coming from someone who has played a ton of destiny but very little pvp...Destiny pvp is terrible.

I was turned off by it at the beginning by two things that still bother me to this day whenever I can motivate myself enough to play it for certain rewards.

1. Balance is out of wack. The difficulty of trying to balance weapons with PVE and PVP in mind still plagues this game to this day.

2. THE LAG. I have never played a multiplayer shooter in my life with worse hit registration and feedback. People dying up to two seconds after I've killed them is the most frustrating thing ever.

The worst part is, very rarely I'll have a game where everything just clicks and I feel like I can just barely glimpse the pvp experience (I think) they were trying to convey. What usually follows is several matches of the worst pvp games I've ever played and I swear it off forever again.

These opinions have nothing to do with how well I do in any given match. I've done poorly in matches that felt great and done well in games that felt like shit.

nerf thorn
fix the last word
buff auto rifle damage
increase shotgun range dropoff
increase blink cooldown

there. games perfect.

That makes sense though.

nerf thorn
fix the last word
buff auto rifle damage
increase blink cooldown

there. games perfect.
yeah that would be a start however i am also considering the maps, supers, lags and everything else as a whole.

Lets buff everything, instead of nerf this one outlier!

Good game design.

nerfing just thorn isn't going to fix the game.

everyone will just use the last word afterwards.
nerf that and everyone will either start blinking with shotguns or just use the messenger or red death.

it's called weapon balance for a reason. thorn isn't the only reason the scale is off

Ramirez

Yea, the game's netcode is pretty baffling. Reach, while not a good Halo game to me, had the best netcode I'd ever played on consoles. I sometimes wonder if the game just can't keep up with 12 people doing all of this crazy shit, I dunno.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
How could people want to nerf the Thorn when shotguns are the most broken weapon class in the game?

Hell, at least it requires some skill to even get the Thorn in the first place.

RemiLP

Vex was a fantastic PVE weapon for a difficult challenge. I would've rather it was banned from PVP, then "balanced" by Bungie. Of course they corrected it later, but it was never the same.

There is a difference between pvp and pve. Bungie didnt have to nerf it in pve. But it had to be nerfed in pvp.

Your playing against other people in pvp, so people demanding a more leveld playing field is to be expected.

Atleast for normal crucible. For iron banner where power is supose to mather, i wouldnt mind some guns/armo/levels being much better.

daedalius

nerfing just thorn isn't going to fix the game.

everyone will just use the last word afterwards.
nerf that and everyone will either start blinking with shotguns or just use the messenger or red death.

it's called weapon balance for a reason. thorn isn't the only reason the scale is off

I was being sarcastic in response to someone saying everything else needs to be buffed and brought up to thorn.

Your post for balance seems pretty spot on.

Ken

I like the calls for Thorn nerfs are coming out so vehemently during an event for a dumb 6v6 mess of a PvP mode while most comments over the weekend Trials seemed to be just "Pantheon stinks."

Zocano

I like the calls for Thorn nerfs are coming out so vehemently during an event for a dumb 6v6 mess of a PvP mode while most comments over the weekend Trials seemed to be just "Pantheon stinks."

Thorn is broken has been a consistent comment since the first day of trials.

Frankly I have a lack of faith in bungie to fix things. It took them a very long time to fix the heavy ammo bug and dailies not rewarding weapon Xp. And knowing them they will screw something up in the process.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I dont know how anyone can be happy about weapons being ruined. I guess my overall mentality in life and video games is to figure out how to overcome problems, not have them changed for me.

That said, I know Bungie will nerf it because of all the people crying.

There will always be a weapon used by everyone.
this is like the post I would expect by someone who started playing the game a week ago! I mean... what.

Conventional wisdom was that Thorn used to suck. It didn't, but it was a finesse weapon that you had to build around. Yet I read pages and pages and pages about how it was shit, embarrassing, a worthless Exotic bounty, the #1 gun needing a buff and so on and so on and because of all the people crying it is now in the state it's in today, where it simply outclasses even the weapons that are closest to it in pure statistical reality- along with having a unique perk with advantages unavailable on those weapons anyway.

Should not the people who thought it sucked simply have figured out how to overcome the problem, rather than wanting to have it changed for them? If not, how is your view here even remotely consistent?

You can say "there will always be a weapon used by everyone" as though a "Thorn-like situation" is an unavoidable reality but I honestly don't have a clue what it is you are implying fit in that slot during the balance phase following the initial AR nerf but prior to the Thorn buff.

nerf thorn
fix the last word
buff auto rifle damage
increase blink cooldown

there. games perfect.
Hmm. What's the basis for increasing pulse spread?

RemiLP

How could people want to nerf the Thorn when shotguns are the most broken weapon class in the game?

They could fix that by making special ammo actually special. Like with quake, halv the battle is map controll to be able to get the ammo for the better weapons.

Its just dumb when u can run around with a special weapond like its your primary. Its not special anymore. U dont need to fight for it.

HOW.

DARE.

the popular pulse rifles (Red Death and the Messenger) are two shot kills that stagger a player's aim. if we weren't being Last Worded up close and Thorned from far away, we'd all probably be spamming across the map with pulse rifles. Increasing their spread would put these weapons' effective ranges closer to autos and hand cannons, which gives both of those a fighting chance. Scouts would then edge out pulse rifles for the longer ranges.

It's funny that they removed the ability to roll final round on HOW snipers but left shot package untouched and easier to roll than ever.

XenoRaven

My favorite nerf is the Nerf Bow and Arrow.

ff9y8oeq3oncjaww0w48.jpg

Zocano

the popular pulse rifles (Red Death and the Messenger) are two shot kills that stagger a player's aim. if we weren't being Last Worded up closed and Thorned from far away, we'd all probably be spamming across the map with pulse rifles. Increasing their spread would put these weapons' effective ranges closer to autos and hand cannons, which gives both of those a fighting chance. Scouts would then edge out pulse rifles for the longer ranges.

I understand, I just want my BR heaven back.

Hawkmoon > Thorn. Hawkmoon master race.
I completed my cipher bounty today and been staring at my reward options for a while. Lord of Wolves or Queenbreakers' Bow?

daedalius

I understand, I just want my BR heaven back.

I think I would be ok with BR heaven.

I really like my Juju in pvp, its unfortunate I feel like I can't use it most of the time because intentionally handicapping (instead of using my TLW) and all that.

Yea, the game's netcode is pretty baffling. Reach, while not a good Halo game to me, had the best netcode I'd ever played on consoles. I sometimes wonder if the game just can't keep up with 12 people doing all of this crazy shit, I dunno.

I seem to recall Bungie mentioning that the netcode for Destiny is purposely accounting for latency, which is why the mutual kill window is so high. I don't understand why it lags so terribly though.

nOoblet16

Everyday I visit Scuf gaming's website with the intention to either buy a controller or send mine for modification.

1) I click the modification part and go ahead
2) Man they are charging me nearly £70 to just attach two peddles and have the ability to reconfigure them
3) Checks the processing time...10-14 days...why? sot hat they can charge £15 for faster service.

Outcome: Not worth it

1) Head over to their new controller section
2) Why is controller which is essentially a DS4 with a different skin and two peddles £ 120? It doesn't even include the ability to reconfigure which is extra £20.
3) Processing time...same.

Outcome: Not worth it.

I really really do want this controller mod but it's so expensive ! Like even sending my own controller would cost me the price of two games wtf ??

stb

I just reached level 32 and I've never done a single raid, weekly nightfall or PoE that requires friends and I am participating in my first IB now. I am in dire need of Etherics (I think). Can some people add me to their friends list and help? I usually play around 8 pm EST on PSN for a few hours. ID is Zechs34. Thanks! This thread moves fast.

FR sent. Shoot me an invite for IB if you see me on.

Zocano

hip firing with scouts was amazing during the beta. i wish destiny could have stayed like that but then the rest of the classes were unlocked and that went out the window.

They were simpler times.

Blink did the most damage as far as having a decent mid-range play field.

Of course. All those lovely stories of father and son bonding.

I frequent both this thread and Reddit, and while I like both, you've got a point. Some shit makes the front page of the subreddit that makes me roll my eyes so hard they snap out of their sockets.

Your daughter learned to say "Get shit on" to some kids at school because she heard you play ToO? First of all, doubt it, second of all, cool story bro.

Shotguns need a damage dropoff. That, along with a cooldown to blink, will be fine. The special ammo changes clearly didn't work and neither will removing specials off of spawn.

Zocano

neither will removing specials off of spawn.

Why would it not? I mean it's not a perfect bandage but I'm curious on your thoughts on it.

edit:

I remember one of the Halo 5 design leads saying that Blink was broken and ruined Destiny.

Quinn maybe?

I haven't kept up with Halo 5 vidocs/dev comments but that is interesting to hear.
Still not a fan of putting sprint into Halo

Top Bottom