• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

List of potential Trials maps in order of most likely to least likely for this week:

Twilight Gap
The Anomaly
Asylum
Firebase Delphi
The Cauldron
Blind Watch
Shores of Time
Rusted Lands
Burning Shrine
Pantheon

Place your bets now

Relatively certain HoW maps are a possibility as well since you need HoW to participate.

My bet goes to Asylum.
Exactly, I think the only reason we didn't get HoW map the first two weeks was because they were letting us learn them. That being said, has it been enough time?

Saw the following list of optimal progression gear in one of the OP links:
  • Helm: Exotic from Xûr
  • Gauntlets: Eris quest reward
  • Chest: Whatever blue they find
  • Boots: Any Legendary vendor boots

Is this still valid? I only have a Titan and luckily Xûr is selling the Saint-14 right now. This would line up really nicely if that list is accurate.

Wouldn't mind a 35 on either my Hunter or Warlock.

Bought 4 engram's and finally got Lucky Raspberry. Even better my first engram rolled Purifier Robes.

I will be down for it as well. I have a 365 void spear with final round. It will be on my scrublock if we do a 35 for sure.

Edit welp I am gonna do the 32 first with frostburn since I already mention I will do it with him.

patchday

Is this still valid? I only have a Titan and luckily Xûr is selling the Saint-14 right now. This would line up really nicely if that list is accurate.

please buy that helm. And make sure to run Illuminated on the Defender Titan during tough pve encounters. 'Illuminated' makes a whole frakking difference.

Shito

we hope. The whole Comet thing was unconfirmed right?

Remember 'we' thought House of Wolves would include a raid?
Comet hasn't been confirmed yet, yeah, but we had that Red Bull "The Taken King" expansion this week, and a recent update to the companion app showing "x/3" for the subclasses.
I'd say a third subclass is a pretty easy bet for Destiny's next expansion. :)

E92 M3

yeah but what I meant was 'we' (most of us) thought HoW included a raid with Fallen.

But I hope we get the new subclasses in the next dlc since that 'leaked info' looked much more reliable.

Comet should be excellent! I truly believe that.

--

Nostalgia time!

ship8.jpg

Deku Tree

That info was good when TDB was the latest thing and 32 was the level cap. The Eris quest reward gauntlets are now 33 light and the new max is 42 light for gauntlets and the level cap is level 34. Any legendary gauntlets in the tower are 36 light so those are better than the ones from the Eris quest.

Also you can get 42 light gear from doing well in PoE or ToO.

Arrrammis

It's pretty good, the helm is still probably the best place to have a legendary (vendor helms cost 120 marks, all of the other pieces cost 75). The eris quest reward will take you up to lvl. 31, but vendor armor takes you to 32, so its really a toss up if its worth working for. My personal tip is buy vendor arms, legs, and chest, plus the exotic helm, and you'll jump right up to lvl. 32.

Yes. It still works. I'd skip the Gautlets from Eris tho.

1) Finish the story. Get to 20.
2) Buy an Exotic Helmet from Xur.
3) Play either Vanguard playlist or Crucible modes to get marks. Use marks to get the rest of the Gear.
4) You can also get good gear from raids, iron banner, trials of osiris and prison of elders, but this content should come after you get a full set of legendary gear.

Frostburn

I will be down for it as well. I have a 365 void spear with final round. It will be on my scrublock if we do a 35 for sure.

Edit welp I am gonna do the 32 first with frostburn since I already mention I will do it with him.

Hey guys sorry to do this to you but something came up so I don't have as much time as I thought :( going to have to bail on the 32 Poe for now. Have to meet someone for a work lunch soonish.

patchday

Comet hasn't been confirmed yet, yeah, but we had that Red Bull "The Taken King" expansion this week, and a recent update to the companion app showing "x/3" for the subclasses.
I'd say a third subclass is a pretty easy bet for Destiny's next expansion. :)

excellent!

Wouldn't mind a 35 on either my Hunter or Warlock.

Bought 4 engram's and finally got Lucky Raspberry. Even better my first engram rolled Purifier Robes.
is there room for 1?
i have a 365 void spear with FS, and i've not been able to get Skolas down in either of my 2 prior attempts... would love to even up the score.

SgtCobra

I started using this weapon after watching Unstable the last couple weeks, it is no joke. You can easily kill a thorn user before they can kill you due to the impact and ROF.
Depends on the range of course, at mid and long range encounters you'll have a very hard time killing a Thorn user.

LordofPwn

Relatively certain HoW maps are a possibility as well since you need HoW to participate.

My bet goes to Asylum.

Exactly, I think the only reason we didn't get HoW map the first two weeks was because they were letting us learn them. That being said, has it been enough time?

As far as i was aware the new maps would not be included into trials. figured they would stick with maps that are in normal rotation.

patchday

The Burning Shrine was such a great ToO map. its a shame the two competing teams cant pick the map or something.

For example, in ranked MK X matches both parties can pick the map. Alas, MK X is heavily focused on competition and such with many yrs under their belt so I'd expect that level of detail.

Cant remember how the ranked Halo 2v2 maps worked atm. Halo normally has map voting though

Anyone fighting Skolas soon? I've got a Titan That needs to complete it.

I've only got praedyth's revenge though, so we probably won't be able to cheese it.

GhaleonEB

I should make a new Destiny thread someday where everyone can post their wishes since this post will get buried in this thread but-

I really think Bungie needs to add more classes/subclasses.

Just recently I deleted my 2nd titan and made a warlock. I'm sure this extended my playtime at least a good 2 days (48 hours at least) as I level up my subclasses and exotics. I actually had an interesting time even going through the base story

Also finally unlocked reborn on my Sunsinger subtree. Now I can self-revive and get re-pwned like all the other warlocks in Crucible. It's extra fun since I have Purifier robes though. So when I self-revive everyone is blinded lol

Yeah, I definitely am hoping for a 3rd subclass for each class with Comet, er, The Taken King. Superbonus would be a totally new class, but I'm not expect that until next year.

patchday

Also, ToO needs to offer money awards. MK X tournament offers $100k (ESL I think).

As much time as people dump into Destiny its a shame they get no monetary awards. Unless they're on twitch

Deku Tree

Awesome, thanks everyone!

Is the 42 light gear coming from raiding I assume and not welfare/vendor gear?

Any legendary gauntlets in the tower are 36 light so those are better than the ones from the Eris quest.

Also you can get 42 light gear from doing well in PoE (arena) or ToO (PvP).

Shito

Yeah, I definitely am hoping for a 3rd subclass for each class with Comet, er, The Taken King. Superbonus would be a totally new class, but I'm not expect that until next year.
Wonder how they would add a new class, though: it would probably piss people like us if they didn't add a fourth character slot as well, but it would break their economy if we had the possibility to win the weekly rewards four times in a week instead of three...

I started using this weapon after watching Unstable the last couple weeks, it is no joke. You can easily kill a thorn user before they can kill you due to the impact and ROF.

I totally agree. Been using TLW over my thorn forever now on my hunter. Cant count how many times I have beaten a thorn user at mid to close range with TLW. I used to be mainly always a thorn guy but after watching zoba and his TLW skills I switched and love it.

TLW + Felwinters = <3

we hope. The whole Comet thing was unconfirmed right?

Remember 'we' thought House of Wolves would include a raid?

Very true, but Comet will be the first paid expansions for everyone, as in they dont have people who had both TDB and HoW at launch.

I for one will need convincing if they are asking for full retail price for a proper expansion.

E92 M3

Very true, but Comet will be the first paid expansions for everyone, as in they dont have people who had both TDB and HoW at launch.

I for one will need convincing if they are asking for full retail price for a proper expansion.

I don't need any convincing; Destiny has offered the most value for the buck in recent time.

Ryck

hunger, tracking and cluster bombs are good :)
Yeah true but HV makes a case as I've read it does a lot more damage and it's only a 300 so it would benefit from the boost a lot more. Higher BR and Tripod as well... That tracking tho...

Kalamari

Also, ToO needs to offer money awards. MK X tournament offers $100k (ESL I think).

As much time as people dump into Destiny its a shame they get no monetary awards. Unless they're on twitch

With no custom games, how would you even set up a tournament? Besides, there's too much bullshit in Destiny to be a tournament-viable game.

LTWood12

Had a Spare Change .25 Pulse Rifle drop from IB. Sureshot IS, Rodeo, Speed Reload, and Secret Round. I've never heard of this high impact Pulse. Is it an older weapon?

Top Bottom