• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Only time I ever use Don't Touch Me is during the Abyss in CE, Nighthawk has way more utility IMO. It's a nice extra DPS boost and it's helpful when you need to take down a yellow bar enemy quick but you're reloading/out of ammo.

that's exactly what i use it for. nuke down a major when you need to most badly; because it has inverse shadow, you'll build your super back up quite quickly - especially if you're playing PoE and your team is generating orbs (which they should be).

border

Are the Iron Banner rewards really any good? I tend to not be the best judge of loot, but all the weapons and gear look pretty plain. I am surprised that so many people are going at it with such enthusiasm.

Now that you can re-roll almost any gear, it seems like there's hardly any point in the IB weapons.

Got all 3 ciphers on each characters. Team first try with the checkpoint masters and grimlock :p no need for checkpoints for PoE 35. nice job and once again nice playing with both of you again.

LTWood12

Are the Iron Banner rewards really any good? I tend to not be the best judge of loot, but all the weapons and gear look pretty plain. I am surprised that so many people are going at it with such enthusiasm.

Now that you can re-roll almost any gear, it seems like there's hardly any point in the IB weapons.

Etheric light is the big draw this go 'round

nOoblet16

Yea not playing ToO this week.
Shit visiblity for sniper, too big for shotguns, too many places where a team could be.

An exact opposite of last week where there were too few places where a team could be. A good 3vs3 elimination map is one that is predictable while being unpredictable.

Reminds me a lot of Gears of War, amazing map for Clash

Yea it reminds me alot of Gears

zewone

I disagree. Map control is half of the "skills"
I don't see how. The only control is the heavy ammo spawns.

Doesn't really matter either. I'm going to be playing this map for hours this weekend so I'll be very familiar with it come Monday.
Zewone, do you want to set a time for trials today? I should be able to start on or about 530 EST

I won't be home until about 4:30 PST.

lt519

so do we get another PoE 34 level boss next week or will it be the floor burn guy again? this weeks mechanic was underwhelming and if it isn't anything new I can't see myself running PoE beyond getting the Cipher bounties

EL CUCO

Goth got 5 wins before new card.

Surprised TripleWRECK isn't streaming.

This map is definitely taking some feeling out.

LTWood12

I can't get the theme song to "Gullah Gullah Island" to stop playing in my head. Going to make getting to 9-0 pretty tough.

skynidas

Banned
anyone wanna help me get into a team for Trials of Osiris??? It is my first time playing it but i'm a good PVP player.

my psn id: JamonSerranoSky

so do we get another PoE 34 level boss next week or will it be the floor burn guy again? this weeks mechanic was underwhelming and if it isn't anything new I can't see myself running PoE beyond getting the Cipher bounties

Its pretty ironic since Qodros make some people compain about the mechanics and this weeks boss is a joke since you can destroy him with Horns and ignore completely the mechanis to try it legit.

Goth got 5 wins before new card.

Surprised TripleWRECK isn't streaming.

This map is definitely taking some feeling out.

I said it before but I feel some players will burnt out of ToO already if not soon and more if they already have all the gear and weapons, IB doest help because you have two main PVPs events at the same time.

lt519

Its pretty ironic since Qodros make some people compain about the mechanics and this weeks boss is a joke since you can destroy him with Horns and ignore completely the mechanis to try it legit.

I was one of the few that was legitimately disappointed when they nerfed Qodron. It was the best fight since Atheon and the Templar. Now it's a joke bullet sponge fight again since the shields aren't strong enough to kill you if you are smart when you can't find the eye.

Almost wondering if it would be best to pull out TLW and blink shotguns since most people are going to be gearing for range from it sounds like. Don't remember the maps so I don't know how open it is.

nOoblet16

I don't see how. The only control is the heavy ammo spawns.

With good map control you can effectively make the enemy be where you want them to be, avoid or engage because you are aware "how encounters play out" in certain situations.

A good player with good map control is a great player, a great player with no map knowledge is a headless chicken. You don't know where to look, you don't know where the snipers can be, you don't know how to flush out people who hide or how to hole up people in one area etc etc.

LTWood12

Well now it's stuck in mine too so thanks for that.

Sorry!
hqdefault.jpg

Bungie should alternate IB and Trials on weekends, having both up means all the casual PVPers are just gonna give up on Trials and stick with IB. I think Trials is just gonna be brutal this weekend for anyone who is not super good.

cakely

Rank 3 and Rank 5 get you an etheric light.

Those are very rare and extremely useful.

LiK

Bungie should alternate IB and Trials on weekends, having both up means all the casual PVPers are just gonna give up on Trials and stick with IB. I think Trials is just gonna be brutal this weekend for anyone who is not super good.

ToO for the weekday would be nice. Math can't play because of her work schedule. Sucks.

Hyun Sai

I was one of the few that was legitimately disappointed when they nerfed Qodron. It was the best fight since Atheon and the Templar. Now it's a joke bullet sponge fight again since the shields aren't strong enough to kill you if you are smart when you can't find the eye.

I disagree. There is no "luck" factor in Atheon and Templar fight. When a mechanic involves shitty random AI pathfinding, I call it mediocre at best.

Top Bottom