• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

MrS

Banned
Man, I'm getting tired of these posts.

#1.) Every previous thread title I've made was the consensus favorite from the community. No idea where you're getting this "continue" idea.

#2.) What are "the wants of the community?" Nobody agreed on any given title, and you don't specify what title you preferred.

#3.) This thread title was made by me because all the other popular suggestions were at least partially negative and I've been getting worn out by all the negativity in the OT recently. Of course making a nice, positive title that acknowledges the great work DGAF'ers have done with ToO carry trains just gets met with a deluge of snarky, mean-spirited posts.

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier but I was busy helping carry fellow DGAF'ers to Mercury and ToO loot before reset, and then sharing CPs over reset so that we could pass them throughout the community for the rest of the week.

edit:

Of course by the time I respond to this post there's another post just like it on the same page. Seriously, can we please give the negativity a rest people? It's exhausting.

I was in favour of ToO Hard and posted about it yesterday - read my post history if you need confirmation of that. It's not even a negative title. The community did not agree on a title, but looking through the thread at the time it's evident that were more people in favour of ToO Hard than the current thread title.

The OT is a place for players to discuss the game. It isn't always going to be positive because the game isn't always fun to play. That's the reality of Destiny. People get burned out. Frustrations get vented. Byron has just vented his which I think he's entitled to do. You must surely accept that? Personally, I'm enjoying the game again and community chat doesn't really change that, whether people are talking negatively or positively about the game.

Nice of you to crop my post to miss out where I thanked people for giving up their weekends to help people get to Mercury. You and Unstable and the other guys are saints for doing it.

Trakan

How does the Warlock Helm look like in-game? Can anyone post a pic.

It's arguably the worst of the three.

Prison_of_elders_fallen_gear2.jpg

PuMa

#1.) Every previous thread title I've made was the consensus favorite from the community. No idea where you're getting this "continue" idea.

#2.) What are "the wants of the community?" Nobody agreed on any given title, and you don't specify what title you preferred.

#3.) This thread title was made by me because all the other popular suggestions were at least partially negative and I've been getting worn out by all the negativity in the OT recently. Of course making a nice, positive title that acknowledges the great work DGAF'ers have done with ToO carry trains just gets met with a deluge of snarky, mean-spirited posts.

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier but I was busy helping carry fellow DGAF'ers to Mercury and ToO loot before reset, and then sharing CPs over reset so that we could pass them throughout the community for the rest of the week.

edit:

Of course by the time I respond to this post there's another post just like it on the same page. Seriously, can we please give the negativity a rest people? It's exhausting.

Don't worry about it Drizz. You're doing great work.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I know it's over now but my 2 pence :

I really like this community and I've met some really lovely people.

I prefer a nice mellow thread, but I don't mind venting. It's nice to have a chilled out place when GAF gets pretty intense.

Destiny is really great for all its faults.

There's no need to take it too personally.

I worry that we're all the videogame equivalent of drug addicts.

Warlocks are the best.

There you go. I feel I have now contributed immeasurably to the discussion. Bow down, bitches.

ich00

It's getting rank 3 in IB a realistic goal fur someone who has never done it and can only play an hour or two a night?

Not hard at all: wait till the weekend like other have said, or if you want to play a little everyday grab the bounties and play for an hour or so focusing on getting 3 or bouties completed. You'll get rep from wins plus the bounties, should get you there in no time.

The guy who soloed it didn't even kill those dregs. He just killed the adds, dps'd the boss down to 25% to get the VIP to spawn, killed it, and then killed the boss. It does look super easy.

Did killing all of the shiny dregs keep him from regenerating health? Streamer said they would just keep spawning which is why he ignored them.

Yeah killing all 4 or 5 gives you a 30 to 60 second window to damage with no boss regen. Then they spawn again, but the two on add duty just saved rockets and scouts to kill them fast before it was a problem. Boss has very little health and the VIP takes a long time to come out.

Zocano

Why are people saying Skolas is void burn? I'm reading different on bungie's site.

Guess it's a bug or just plain wrong on their end.

At least people get to (sort of) have a real fight. Still should have a burn-less version soon. Or Small Arms.

edit:

You're doing a good job! Keep it up don't worry people can always be negative.

People can get heated with each other all the time, but I think going after an OP, especially over a title, is a fridge too far. As someone who made LOST OTs for four years straight, the work is ridiculous for like zilch reward. If you add on people actually bagging on you about something you did or didn't do, that's crossing into just being mean.

OT writers are the Saints of our Modern Age and should be treated like fabrege eggs.

E92 M3

Hmmm...I gained almost 1000 dmg points for ascending the LDR on Arc burn. I guess I'll give it a run first and see how it performs

Yeah, I am just speaking from experience.

--

On the Fallen perks: I would love to sit down with the person at Bungie that decided Dreg Burn should be a perk and that Fallen perks replace a whole other perk. Who in there right mind would make a perk for Dreg Burn lol?

Drizzay is awesome. Can't please everyone. It's just a title anyways. Most come in here to play together and not 1 time does someone not do what they came here for because they didn't like the title. But I agree with the statement that saying something sucks without any improvement (your history of suggestion in the previous thread doesn't count - not like everyone remembers every single person's or wants to go and find it).

I can see that getting old fast when you see constant "what you made up, sucks" without any positive reinforcements. This isn't even a job. It's for the betterment of a community. I work my ass off at work and not seeing any positive reinforcements, giving way more hours than they deserve and all they do is give me negative feedback and I can't stand it. I know it's fairly different but a lot of constant negative regardless starts to get to you.

We're one community here. We all want Love & loot

Edit: also, every person has their own favorite as seen by just this page below and above me, alone.

Homeboyd

Why are people saying Skolas is void burn? I'm reading different on bungie's site.

At least people get to (sort of) have a real fight. Still should have a burn-less version soon. Or Small Arms.
Yeah the site/app is always bugged. It is void.

I was in favour of ToO Hard and posted about it yesterday - read my post history if you need confirmation of that. It's not even a negative title. The community did not agree on a title, but looking through the thread at the time it's evident that were more people in favour of ToO Hard than the current thread title.

The OT is a place for players to discuss the game. It isn't always going to be positive because the game isn't always fun to play. That's the reality of Destiny. People get burned out. Frustrations get vented. Byron has just vented his which I think he's entitled to do. You must surely accept that?

Nice of you to crop my post to miss out where I thanked people for giving up their weekends to help people get to Mercury. You and Unstable and the other guys are saints for doing it.

It's just a thread title, though. I still think 'A Prison of Elders' had the right amount of humor and cynicism befitting of a Destiny OT, but Boguester's made the threads, so in the end it was his call. Nothing worth getting upset over, imo.

Plus, 'Game of Thorns' already had a great amount of snark in it.

People can get heated with each other all the time, but I think going after an OP, especially over a title, is a fridge too far. As someone who made LOST OTs for four years straight, the work is ridiculous for like zilch reward. If you add on people actually bagging on you about something you did or didn't do, that's crossing into just being mean.

OT writers are the Saints of our Modern Age and should be treated like fabrege eggs.

It's an incredibly thankless and futile job, imo. Only a small minority take the effort of reading them, especially when the game first comes out. My first Skyrim OT was filled to the brim with information on the lore and the game itself, took the trouble of keeping it up to date, and yet the thread was filled with people asking the same questions they could find answers to in the first post.

phen0m24

Nami showed the screen from the actual game

spyder_ur

Yup I have all factions at rank 3+. Also in your opinion what's the best weapon from each category (sniper, scout, shotgun, etc)? Since you mentioned that raid weapons are mostly the best.

Hmm, I mean it's all perspective and I'm hardly an expert, but I'd say, in terms of legendaries which can all now be ascended:

HC: FB
Scout: VoC (soft spot for the Rapier)
Assault: Whatever
Sniper: Probably Black Hammer (situational) or Efrideet's Spear
Shotgun: A ton of good ones, but Found Verdict is still up there
Fusion: Don't use that much
MG: Corrective Measure or Jolder's
Launcher: Don't feel too strongly, but probably Exodus Plan (never got the Vengeance)

VoG produced probably 4 best-in-class weapons.

Shito

On the Fallen perks: I would love to sit down with the person at Bungie that decided Dreg Burn should be a perk and that Fallen perks replace a whole other perk. Who in there right mind would make a perk for Dreg Burn lol?
I'm guessing this guy is an auto-rifle user...

k1t4j

Can anyone answer the following please

1)What are the IB weapons for sale this week?

2)What weapon is varriks selling this week?

Thanks!

So lets talk for a bit about how Skill-based Matchmaking and Trials of Osiris are conflicting ideas and cannot work together in their current states.

Trials of Osiris is a game-type that rewards the better players for having a higher win percentage than loss percentage.

Skill-based Matchmaking is a system designed to pair people against their equals against each other. The end result of any good Skill Based Matchmaking system will leave a player with roughly a 1:1 win/loss ratio.

Naturally, you can see that these ideas already contradict each other. How can you have a game-type that rewards a player for more wins and losses, if you are constantly pairing them up again players literally as good as they are.

The following is very anecdotal, but I'm curious to hear from some others about their experiences. I firmly believe that Bungie is heavily using a skill-based matchmaking system for every other individual playlist, and that those skill numbers are specific to each character. I say this because of the following:
  • Lately, almost all my Control and Clash matches end with no bigger than a 300 point gap.
  • I can create a new character and steam-roll for a good 20-30 games before my skill level starts catching up to me.

I guess what I'm saying is that Trials' current rewards system only works because Skill-based Matchmaking isn't active in the play-list.

GhaleonEB

Yeah, let's drop it folks. I groused at one title like, 5 OT's ago, but probably shouldn't have. A this point it's becoming thread whining.

FWIW, I love the title.

Looking forward to the update, very curious what's in it.

[A bunch of stuff about OT Titles]

I don't really understand why the thread title is that big a deal to some people here. I admit I've only been on GAF for a couple of years but why is this something that people feel the need to get bitter about. I didn't care for it during my OTs either.

Zocano

I guess what I'm saying is that Trials' current rewards system only works because Skill-based Matchmaking isn't active in the play-list.

Eh. You're missing the part where the Trials rewards are meant to be earned and getting them by the skin of your teeth should be how it is in PvP. Fighting your equals and winning consistently should be the way, not getting lucky and trouncing people that you are just far better against in a streak.

Top Bottom