• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

CLBridges

Honestly not being a dick or anything but I'm seriously confused as to why Datto is getting this angry about the leaks.

Why? It's a leak for a game. They happen all the damn time. This is not the first and it sure as hell won't be the last.

Is he angry that this might have ruined Bungie's marketing plans? Why would you be mad at that? It literally absolutely doesn't affect you at all. I'm seriously confused

Wonder who the leaker was. More power to that person I guess

For attention, that is the answer.

Honestly not being a dick or anything but I'm seriously confused as to why Datto is getting this angry about the leaks.

Why? It's a leak for a game. They happen all the damn time. This is not the first and it sure as hell won't be the last.

Is he angry that this might have ruined Bungie's marketing plans? Why would you be mad at that? It literally absolutely doesn't affect you at all. I'm seriously confused

Wonder who the leaker was. More power to that person I guess

It's called stealth bragging. Nothing new.

LiK

"Hey what's up everyone, I'm popular and very important to Destiny community. I just want everyone to know that I also know secret things due to my importance, and I'm mad that I couldn't tell anyone or capitalize on them right away because Bungie told me not to even though I'm doing just that by commenting on the leaks. Please rate, comment, subscribe and like +1 this."

yup, this is basically what those tweets are about.

Trying to remember the last time I cared about anything Datto said or did........
Zzzzzzz

He posted here during the beta and I liked his first few videos. But when he started stretching out the content (and who could really blame him at the time if that's how he was making his living), i lost interest. Then the game came out and he outed himself as one of "those kinds of players". Ain't nobody got time for that.

I don't necessarily disagree with him here. leaks suck when you're the creator and you want to generate hype in the right way. if that's the angle he's looking at, he has a right to be frustrated even if it didn't affect him (directly or otherwise. However, he isn't doing himself or Bungie any favors by heading up on twitter and venting his disdain in such a way. if anything, it validates the leak and of course comes off as whining if he wanted to capitalize on the new information.

I try not to think on it too much. Every community has its figureheads. I respect the hustle but I don't care for most of the Destiny youtubers.

LiK

He posted here during the beta and I liked his first few videos. But when he started stretching out the content (and who could really blame him at the time if that's how he was making his living), i lost interest. Then the game came out and he outed himself as one of "those kinds of players". Ain't nobody got time for that.

I don't necessarily disagree with him here. leaks suck when you're the creator and you want to generate hype in the right way. he's right to be frustrated, but he isn't doing himself or Bungie any favors by heading up on twitter and venting his disdain in such a way. if anything, it validates the leak and of course comes off as whining if he wanted to capitalize on the new information.

I try not to think on it too much. Every community has its figureheads. I respect the hustle but I don't care for most of the Destiny youtubers.

i'd rather watch you play over those Destiny stream snobs.

I don't necessarily disagree with him here. leaks suck when you're the creator and you want to generate hype in the right way. if that's the angle he's looking at, he has a right to be frustrated even if it didn't affect him (directly or otherwise. However, he isn't doing himself or Bungie any favors by heading up on twitter and venting his disdain in such a way. if anything, it validates the leak and of course comes off as whining if he wanted to capitalize on the new information.

Real talk Datto is the leaker and he's doing this to cover his tracks.

But we all know who smelt it dealt it.

The Taken King, Greencastle's wishlist:

• Europa, Jupiter Moon - Patrol, Story, Strike
  • Titan, Saturn Moon - Patrol, Story, Strike
  • Old Chicago, Earth - Patrol, Story, Strike
  • Raid Social Space on Mercury with Raid bounties and gear NPCs
  • Revamped Vault of Glass and Crota's End Raids for the new level caps, with new set of gear for both.
  • At least 1 new 6-person Raid (on Oryx's capital ship?)
  • At least 3 Strikes
  • At least 10 Story missions
  • At least 5 PvP maps
  • A new 3-person Arena activity somewhere
  • In-game grimoire NPCs in the City to chill and read.
  • Level cap increase to 50.
  • New Faction mechanics with Dead Orbit, New Monarchy, and Future War Cult.
  • Sparrow Upgrade and customization mechanics. Exotic sparrows, perks, abilities, etc.
  • At least 1 new weapon class per slot: 1 new Primary class, 1 Special class, and 1 Heavy class. Rares, Legendaries and Exotics of each of these new classes.
  • Ascending system for Rare weapons and gear into Legendaries, along with crafting of Rare weapons and Armour with mats.
  • Legendary Armour rerolling at Eva Levante.
  • At least 5 new Exotic armours per class. At least 1 Exotic Warlock boots, come on.
  • At least 10 new Exotic Weapons, with bounties for all of them. At least one of those is a Void Special.
  • New Music.
  • ALMOST FORGOT BIGGER FREAKING VAULTS

I'd pay $40 for the above.

And then have ALL the Playstation content available day 1 for Xbox One users, for the love of god no more of that shit...

Knowing Bungie they would just simply open the Lighthouse and make a HUB there

todd360

Instabuy

Honestly if this expansion brings a larger story mode and a new playable area I'm in. New subclass is icing on the cake.

I'm not even gonna bother thinking up a list of stuff I want. They already have our wallets in their hands. We can't stop them. They even canceled our cell phone plan so we can't call the bank to kill the cards. I'm like activison and the new dlc is a substantial Microsoft money hat to buy exclusivity. How could I possibly refuse the taken king?

Edit: Wait is datto that annoying British guy who bought destiny for xbone? Why are we acknowledgeing his existence? He's supposed to be a destiny diehard and doesn't even play the complete version.

I'm not even gonna bother thinking up a list of stuff I want. They already have our wallets in their hands. We can't stop them. They even canceled our cell phone plan so we can't call the bank to kill the cards. I'm like activison and the new dlc is a substantial Microsoft money hat to buy exclusivity. How could I possibly refuse the taken king?
Shut up Todd. ,___,

I also keep saying I won't buy Destiny 2 on release.
I will

DAMNIT! So far, I've done ~80 (20k worth) of rerolls on my Her Benevolence and closest I've gotten:

Unflinching, Shortgaze, Injection Mold and...
Triple Tap, fuhhhhhh

M3Rocket

Yeah I'll be hopping on soon and should be around on/off all night until our usual reset activities begin. We should definitely be able to squeeze an armor run in, we got mikeworks a flawless and m3rocket 6-wins right before reset last week. Just be sure to cash in your ticket at the Reef before reset hits or your card will be wiped (as Rocket missed out on his ELight silver package).

So glad we stopped before the last match to get the boots 8 minutes before reset. I didn't know the tix gets reset.

I hope to catch you guys online later.

Trace

Banned
Damnit Valbaar ;_;

Y u always doing things when u say u available.

Anyone up for ToO? Going for 5 but more is always good.

Oryx will look like a bigger version of Crota :(
Pretty much.

18598348156_346260583f_z.jpg

The thing I like most about Destiny is one of the things that people criticize it for the most: The repeatable content. Though I don't like the crazy amounts of grind from vanilla and being forced to repeat content over and over and over in order to progress, I really do appreciate that much of the content was designed to be replayable and for the most part, fun on subsequent playthroughs as well.

To me, the more types of weapons, gear, and abilities that are made available, the more valuable the "old" missions, strikes, raids, etc, become. Even playing through Sepiks Prime for example, with a Void Bow Hunter or Storm Warlock with a new set of abilities and gear has me giddy. I love that a large part of the evolving sandbox is the player. That's in addition to Bungie getting better at playing around with the enemy and encounter pieces over time as well.

I'm looking forward to how they build out this game.

If that makes any sense.

Queensbreaker or the Dreg's Promise for my second cipher?

Bow is a PvP gun. while it's fun to use, it's difficult to play with seriously. it's like a long ranged fusion rifle, but it only kills if you get a headshot like a sniper.

i don't have any experience with dreg's promise, but it's hard to justify an exotic special in PvP, especially a sidearm. might be more PvE oriented.

Top Bottom