• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

ocean

Banned
I find ToO kind of broken personally due to the revives. If enemy team running +revive gear your team is screwed

I am sure ToO will be super fun for clans to rack in easy kills. But I enjoy casually playing the game with gaf. So ToO probably won't work for me in the long run.

Kind of waiting on Halo 5. If they don't frak it up I'll probably swing that direction and pony up for an X1

But maybe Comet will improve pvp and bring in the SWAT mode. would make this game perfect for me.
The Keeper of the Pack perk works wonders, but I don't think it breaks anything. It's all been sold by Xur so anyone who wants it has it (Titan was on sale this weekend actually), and though it's nice I don't think it fundamentally breaks the mode.

Every Guardian running that means one less Armamentarium to double-nade your ass, or one less Voidfang to constantly spam tracking nades etc. It's a big tradeoff.

Zocano

And maybe one day, if I ever get to Mercury.... it'll truly feel like a real accomplishment. What you guys are suggesting would rob me of that satisfaction. I'd much rather face the very high probability of never feeling that than to just eliminate the possibility outright by making this easier.

I am definitely with you with this post. Not all loot is created equal and nobody "deserves" to get everything in this game. If it's a PvP mode that demands perfection/excellent PvP skills, then only those who have that should get it.

Just like how I think only good raiding parties deserve to finish the raids and get loot that way and so on.

I think a healthy degree of tier-ing in loot and diversity among players is necessary.

lt519

I am definitely with you with this post. Not all loot is created equal and nobody "deserves" to get everything in this game. If it's a PvP mode that demands perfection/excellent PvP skills, then only those who have that should get it.

Just like how I think only good raiding parties deserve to finish the raids and get loot that way and so on.

I think a healthy degree of tier-ing in loot and diversity among players is necessary.

The problem is the massive amounts of people getting carried through. We played a guy yesterday who was unbelievable and took us down all by himself, the rest of his team was sub 1 K/D and we lost in 5 straight rounds. Until they prevent this kind of behavior the fact of getting to Mercury doesn't really mean anything. We played a team of three exotics a little later and wiped the floor with them and I've never gotten past 6 wins without help from GAF. The mode only demands one member of a team be perfect, not the whole team.

nOoblet16

More than revival speed I am bothered by the revival radius. You could kill someone on the other end of the hallway in pantheon and they could get revived from like a mile away from a corner. That plus the very short revival countdown for first kill. It barely affects anything if a team is defending because the attacking team can just wait the 5 seconds out and still continue to push..but now with a shield !

noomi

What the hell???

Gp1I1UL.jpg

9LpnACd.jpg

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...he_taken_king_red_bull_code_for_quest_and_xp/

neoism

I got it with Firefly + Auto Fire. Simply perfection.

I have that other one with luck in the chamber explosive rounds and firefly.... :). can't seem yo get anything that good for my shadow X......
I reaaalllllly wish they would let us chose the sights..:( and just reroll the abilities.

More than revival speed I am bothered by the revival radius. You could kill someone on the other end of the hallway in pantheon and they could get revived from like a mile away from a corner. That plus the very short revival countdown for first kill. It barely affects anything if a team is defending because the attacking team can just wait the 5 seconds out and still continue to push..but now with a shield !

Yeah, I don't mind revival speed or even timer, but the radius is anoying.

Re: The Trials debate.

I'd argue that no skill-based matchmaking is in the name too. It's supposed to be a trial. You should be able to surpass any team you get matched against to call yourself a champion of the trials of Osiris, no matter their skill.

I second this. I know it can change things but I think there should be 2 modes, ranked (like halo where you earn points and have a level and can move down for losses) and the current ToO system that's just random.

For the people that want to be ranked to get matched against more appropriate skilled players, they'll have that option. I thought it worked fairly well in halo. I would typically fluctuate between 2 levels until I got better and was able to move up.

Of course designing that to be as even as possible is a challenge and determining the loot system and whatnot.

patchday

The Keeper of the Pack perk works wonders, but I don't think it breaks anything. It's all been sold by Xur so anyone who wants it has it (Titan was on sale this weekend actually), and though it's nice I don't think it fundamentally breaks the mode.

Every Guardian running that means one less Armamentarium to double-nade your ass, or one less Voidfang to constantly spam tracking nades etc. It's a big tradeoff.

yeah but all that variety will be gone in ToO. Instead everyone will just run +revive gear (at least 2 members, while the 3rd gets to choose something else)

Add to that- most players will just run Thorn, Hawkmoon, & Vex all we will see is eveyrone using the same weapons and gear. [edit: I forgot to add The Last Word, so at least we do see 4 different primary weapons]

I am sure ToO is great fun for those that love that sort of thing. But myself I think its not fun to kill someone and they just get revived. I want people to stay dead.

I don't understand why it's called Elimination mode myself. Since people can get revived.

Anyway, I've given up on this game every having pvp where I want it. I still do it but its very casual these days. Mostly only to finish bounties

What's the big deal about the ToO weapons anyway? Are they not just 365's like everything else?

Is the armour capped at 42 light too?

Don't get me wrong I'd love a new void primary for the burns due to AE being shit but apart from that....

MightyKAC

Need one more for the last round of Poe 32! PSN AdmiralMidget

If you still need a third fire me off an invite, atone1382 on psn. Though, maybe the servers are getting patched now? I don't know.

Let it be known to all gaffers present that Atone1382 is the MOTHER FUCKING MAN!!

Not only did this guy swoop in like a goddamn super hero when 2 other guys joined in but had to bail on us at the end of the Lv. 32 PoE (it's all good though since like happens and stuff), not only was his INVALUABLE knowledge and experience the ONLY thing that saved hours of work from going down the drain. This guy was able to carry our newbie asses through all this JUUUUUST before the patch hit and booted us out.

This dude right here is a bonafied hero and I'll internet fight ANYONE who says different!!

Love you Atone <3

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think I don't have any problem with the Trials matchmaking. Of course you're gonna get hard matchups and get trounced sometimes, but I did feel notably less lag than standard Crucible and the level of competition was mostly satisfying throughout except when bumping into extra sweaty sweaties, and there's nothing to be done about that.

These are the only changes I think I'd ask of Trials:
  • Switch spawns each round. The maps are simply not balanced enough to entertain the concept of an equitable matchup when spawning in the same point the entire match. It's bad enough (but counterable) on the modes with respawning- a good push and you flip the spawns and the beginning of the match no longer matters. But no so in trials. Was talking this over with Hudson and Rasengan yesterday, and it's not exactly that one side is always the more advantageous of the two on every map, but just that they're not the same. One team might have the advantage over another due to composition on one side versus the other; if so, they just retain this advantage through the entire match even though it's a first-to-5 situation. Swapping spawns would at least eliminate this variable, which would make matches more interesting to me.
  • No more heavy round, or at least a longer (30 second) delay on the heavy spawn. Really just breaks up the flow of a match and they only feel satisfying to me if the round is ended before any heavies are fired.
  • No more Pantheon. It's funny, I have a lot of trouble imagining how Trials will play out on any individual map but this one is just a bad call for it. The huge exposed sniper lanes en route to mid paired with atrocious sightlines for aggressive play everywhere else make it just a terrible environment for elimination with revives. Burning Shrine was many times better. I found this all very interesting because I really really like Pantheon in Rumble, wherein you can always find yourself being attacked from any angle and there's rarely anywhere to "safely" snipe from. So I came into it very open-minded, but it's just an awful fit.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12978

Patch Notes out:

Ever since House of Wolves was released, we’ve been following player feedback on multiple fronts. These changes to the player experience are being deployed to correct a few issues that you’ve noticed – as well as a few we noticed.

Key Highlights

The first Wanted Fallen Bounty completed each week is now guaranteed to drop a Treasure Key
Greatly increased the drop rate of Treasure Keys from the small chests at the end of the Prison of Elders
Increased the drop rate of Treasure Keys from Ether Chests

Prison of Elders

Greatly increased the drop rate of Treasure Keys from the small chests
Class Items will now drop from Level 32, Level 34, and Level 35
Fixed a bug in which the Ship (Hildian Seeker) did not drop under certain circumstances
Fixed a bug in which the ‘Elder Cipher’ Bounty could not be acquired if your Bounty inventory was full
You will need to defeat Skolas again to receive the ‘Elder Cipher’ Bounty
Damage caused by Qodron’s Gaze is reduced by 25%
Damage multiplier for the Jailbreaker buff increased by 100%

Trials of Osiris

Fixed an issue in which Trials of Osiris emblems were not sent to the Postmaster if your Emblem inventory was full
Passage Coins can now be dismantled

Weekly Heroics

Fixed an issue where the Weekly Heroic strikes did not award engrams (Note: Tooltip will not display them as rewards)

World

Increased the drop rate of Treasure Keys from Ether Chests
Ether Chests may only be looted once per spawn
Ether Chests will no longer grant ammo consumables when opened
Ether Chests will now grant a small amount of Queen's Wrath reputation when opened
Ether Chests now have a chance to drop Tokens of Flight, Identity, and Judgment

Quests

Petra will no longer display a quest waypoint for players who have not purchased House of Wolves
Fixed a bug in which players abandoning the ‘Gone to Ground’ quest were still being directed to the Venus Patrol

Bounties

The first Wanted Fallen Bounty completed each week is now guaranteed to drop a Treasure Key

Weapons

Fixed a bug in which the 1.2.0.1 hotfix mistakenly did not contain the 1.1.1 Fusion Rifle balance changes. As a result, players were playing with its pre-1.1.1 weapon balance state. The original fix has been re-applied.

Items

Tokens of Flight, Identity, and Judgment can now be dismantled to gain +10 House of Judgement reputation each
Ammo consumables can now stack to 100

milkham

What's the big deal about the ToO weapons anyway? Are they not just 365's like everything else?

Is the armour capped at 42 light too?

its the only non-rng way to get new elemental primaries. skolas has a chance to drop one of the fallen primaries but ToO seems to give one everytime you get to mercury
and you wont get things like a arc hand cannon that does bonus damage to shanks..

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
The funny thing about the ToO top tier rewards is they're just elemental varients of guns you can get from packages which have perks focused on PvP and are not re-rollable. In other words, the only good thing about the Mercury chest guns for PvE is the elemental burn, but you probably wouldn't use the gun anyway since the perks are not good for PvE. If you want the gun for PvP, you'll do just as well with the non-elemental version.

After the initial awe of Mercury wears off, the gun loot is really not that much better than PoE.

Top Bottom