• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

PuMa

I think I don't have any problem with the Trials matchmaking. Of course you're gonna get hard matchups and get trounced sometimes, but I did feel notably less lag than standard Crucible and the level of competition was mostly satisfying throughout except when bumping into extra sweaty sweaties, and there's nothing to be done about that.

These are the only changes I think I'd ask of Trials:
  • Switch spawns each round. The maps are simply not balanced enough to entertain the concept of an equitable matchup when spawning in the same point the entire match. It's bad enough (but counterable) on the modes with respawning- a good push and you flip the spawns and the beginning of the match no longer matters. But no so in trials. Was talking this over with Hudson and Rasengan yesterday, and it's not exactly that one side is always the more advantageous of the two on every map, but just that they're not the same. One team might have the advantage over another due to composition on one side versus the other; if so, they just retain this advantage through the entire match even though it's a first-to-5 situation. Swapping spawns would at least eliminate this variable, which would make matches more interesting to me.
  • No more heavy round, or at least a longer (30 second) delay on the heavy spawn. Really just breaks up the flow of a match and they only feel satisfying to me if the round is ended before any heavies are fired.
  • No more Pantheon. It's funny, I have a lot of trouble imagining how Trials will play out on any individual map but this one is just a bad call for it. The huge exposed sniper lanes en route to mid paired with atrocious sightlines for aggressive play everywhere else make it just a terrible environment for elimination with revives. Burning Shrine was many times better. I found this all very interesting because I really really like Pantheon in Rumble, wherein you can always find yourself being attacked from any angle and there's rarely anywhere to "safely" snipe from. So I came into it very open-minded, but it's just an awful fit.

Great suggestions all around. I'd throw in a few more maps to exclude as well
Please no Anomaly this weekend

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12978

The first Wanted Fallen Bounty completed each week is now guaranteed to drop a Treasure Key
Greatly increased the drop rate of Treasure Keys from the small chests at the end of the Prison of Elders
Increased the drop rate of Treasure Keys from Ether Chests

Prison of Elders

Greatly increased the drop rate of Treasure Keys from the small chests

Patch Notes out:
Thank goodness. Wonder how much easier it actually is for them to drop.

Zocano

That's definitely the hive symbol. Oryx, we coming for your Hive ass, brother!

Yah, I've mentioned it a few times in the last thread but "Comet"/Taken King will be all about Oryx.

Initially I thought it meant the Kell of Kings but the hive symbol suggests otherwise.

The funny thing about the ToO top tier rewards is they're just elemental varients of guns you can get from packages which have perks focused on PvP and are not re-rollable. In other words, the only good thing about the Mercury chest guns for PvE is the elemental burn, but you probably wouldn't use the gun anyway since the perks are not good for PvE. If you want the gun for PvP, you'll do just as well with the non-elemental version.

After the initial awe of Mercury wears off, the gun loot is really not that much better than PoE.

Disagree, as someone who's had the thorn bounty for months. A void primary is currently my most wanted item.

Agent

Ammo consumables can now stack to 100

tghf.gif

Namikaze1

You will need to defeat Skolas again to receive the ‘Elder Cipher’ Bounty

I don't get this. Are they saying it will only drop from Skolas now?

exYle

Patch notes all sound great, but I'm sad that they got rid of the Sparrow-race chest farming and confused about what they mean about defeating Skolas for the Elder Bounty...

noomi

This is what Im confused about as well..

I already have mine, I hope this doesn't mean I'm going to lose the in progress ones....

patchday

I think I don't have any problem with the Trials matchmaking. Of course you're gonna get hard matchups and get trounced sometimes, but I did feel notably less lag than standard Crucible and the level of competition was mostly satisfying throughout except when bumping into extra sweaty sweaties, and there's nothing to be done about that.

These are the only changes I think I'd ask of Trials:
  • Switch spawns each round. The maps are simply not balanced enough to entertain the concept of an equitable matchup when spawning in the same point the entire match. It's bad enough (but counterable) on the modes with respawning- a good push and you flip the spawns and the beginning of the match no longer matters. But no so in trials. Was talking this over with Hudson and Rasengan yesterday, and it's not exactly that one side is always the more advantageous of the two on every map, but just that they're not the same. One team might have the advantage over another due to composition on one side versus the other; if so, they just retain this advantage through the entire match even though it's a first-to-5 situation. Swapping spawns would at least eliminate this variable, which would make matches more interesting to me.
  • No more heavy round, or at least a longer (30 second) delay on the heavy spawn. Really just breaks up the flow of a match and they only feel satisfying to me if the round is ended before any heavies are fired.
  • No more Pantheon. It's funny, I have a lot of trouble imagining how Trials will play out on any individual map but this one is just a bad call for it. The huge exposed sniper lanes en route to mid paired with atrocious sightlines for aggressive play everywhere else make it just a terrible environment for elimination with revives. Burning Shrine was many times better. I found this all very interesting because I really really like Pantheon in Rumble, wherein you can always find yourself being attacked from any angle and there's rarely anywhere to "safely" snipe from. So I came into it very open-minded, but it's just an awful fit.

Right on. I loved Burning Shrine. I thought that map would be *the* weekly map. It should probably never change. That map was perfect

I thought Bungie was gonna go the MOBA route and focus on everyone mastering that one map. Instead, they decided to make that RNG too.

It pisses me off so bad

Okay I need to go calm down and go play some other games for a bit. I am sure the great clans adapted to Pantheon but doing casual romps with gaf I got smoked on both tries

Gordon

Had an interesting night last night. Ran both of my 32 PoEs - my fireteam have been busy all week so we ended up waiting until the last minute. Got my chestpiece at around 4 am est. Then got the derphat at 5. Tossed a spare shard into my standasides and I promptly became a level 34, zero int, zero dis, 566 strength shoulder charging bull moose

I'm not sure what I think of this. I mean, I enjoy looking ridiculous in-game, but usually just aesthetically. This is the perfect storm lol

lol

-Tokens of Flight, Identity, and Judgment can now be dismantled to gain +10 House of Judgement reputation each
Ammo consumables can now stack to 100

-Ether Chests will no longer grant ammo consumables when opened

Havok

This just means that if you had a full bounty inventory when it would have dropped (but was overwritten due to no slots being free), it won't be automatically given to you - you have to get it from Skolas again.

Is Omnigul not in the Dragon Strike playlist? And did they change something with the playlists themselves? I've played the fucking Psion Flayers strike 800 times lately.

Dave_6

I'm wondering if this is retroactive. I'm, uh, asking for a friend...

I doubt I will still get the one I lost Sunday night. No biggie if so.

I'm a Monster guy myself.

I got on those, specifically the Rehabs, after Red Bull but I stopped them all together over a month ago. Feel like I could use one right now though, lol.

Back on topic, the patch sounds like it's a good one. SO happy to see the ammo consumables stacking to 100 now!

Had an interesting night last night. Ran both of my 32 PoEs - my fireteam have been busy all week so we ended up waiting until the last minute. Got my chestpiece at around 4 am est. Then got the derphat at 5. Tossed a spare shard into my standasides and I promptly became a level 34, zero int, zero dis, 566 strength shoulder charging bull moose

I'm not sure what I think of this. I mean, I enjoy looking ridiculous in-game, but usually just aesthetically. This is the perfect storm lol

But here's the thing about all this STR, doesn't some of it get wasted when you hit 100%? How does that work?

Top Bottom