• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

E92 M3

Awesome patch notes, but I am confused: Does Skolas guaranteed the elder cipher bounty now?

Also, please have Destination material stack more than 200 - it'll go a long way in helping with space!

lt519

Sounds like the only nerf is the detainment doing less damage over time.

And buffing the jailbreaker buff. Just seems silly, fight was completely doable but everyone bitched and spammed rockets so they nerfed it so people play it the intended way. You could already break out of the detainment shields without the buff and now since you can survive longer it's even easier. You don't even need to kill the eye anymore. Just another bullet sponge boss fight again.

Zocano

And buffing the jailbreaker buff. Just seems silly, fight was completely doable but everyone bitched and spammed rockets so they nerfed it so people play it the intended way. You could already break out of the detainment shields without the buff and now since you can survive longer it's even easier. You don't even need to kill the eye anymore. Just another bullet sponge boss fight again.

Yah, I agree that it didn't need a nerf. People just don't like putting in effort.

Key drop increase is good for those that were having trouble with farming but I would have preferred that they left them on the rare side (1 per week guaranteed would be fine) and increase the chance of an exotic from the big chest. With this change they are still useless after you have all 3 exotic weapons.

Namikaze1

Glad I didn't do the new Queen missions yet. 3 brand new keys for me.

Atcually 6 since getting to rank 3 gets you a key as well.

PuMa

Overall, good update.

GhxhCIa8eYqti.gif

Atone13

Looks good to me, glad I beat Qodron at 34 and again today 32 legit, even with the nerfs it can still be tricky, but the extra damage on the shell means you wont have to rely on special ammo to knock em down so fast, primary weapons will work just fine i bet.

Let it be known to all gaffers present that Atone1382 is the MOTHER FUCKING MAN!!

Not only did this guy swoop in like a goddamn super hero when 2 other guys joined in but had to bail on us at the end of the Lv. 32 PoE (it's all good though since like happens and stuff), not only was his INVALUABLE knowledge and experience the ONLY thing that saved hours of work from going down the drain. This guy was able to carry our newbie asses through all this JUUUUUST before the patch hit and booted us out.

This dude right here is a bonafied hero and I'll internet fight ANYONE who says different!!

Love you Atone <3

Stop it, I'm gettin all misty. Seriously though, we did pretty good, and you guys did excellent once you got the strat down. I definitely didn't kill that boss alone that's for sure.

stb

Again. Not saying that I think that ToO has the right or wrong system in place. I'm just pointing out how skill-based matchmaking and Trials' current reward system are conflicting ideas.

You would have to redesign the entire reward system if you incorporated skill based matchmaking.

Agreed, but I think most would agree that the reward balance between ToO and PoE is already in need of revision regardless of matchmaking changes.

One possibility is playing teams with *similar* cards to your team. Maybe similar cards to the "best card" on your team to avoid sandbagging by having a player start a new card or throw 2 rounds to help a team make that is sitting 8-0.

Did you just start and are 0-0? Maybe a "light" skill-based factor just to make sure extremes like level 32 PVE players against triplewreck.

8-0? You should only be playing other 7/8-0 teams. Again, it's portrayed as a "tournament", and a very, very small number of people should be getting to Mercury.

Regarding network-based issues, it absolutely should be a factor. It just shouldn't be the ONLY factor. Games have no business letting people >100ms even join a given certain PVP game.

I'm liking what I'm seeing in the patch notes. I hate being at work during the day while everyone is having fun. Keys KEys KEYS for everyone.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Damage caused by Qodron’s Gaze is reduced by 25%
Damage multiplier for the Jailbreaker buff increased by 100%
unf. Shame we only get to give this a test in the 32, but I look forward to it next time around. Course, if it doesn't have Trickle and has any semi-advantageous modifier it could now be too easy. But whatevs!
Fixed an issue in which Trials of Osiris emblems were not sent to the Postmaster if your Emblem inventory was full
nice but I have to make it to the Lighthouse again I bet ;_;
Ether Chests will no longer grant ammo consumables when opened
haha
Ether Chests will now grant a small amount of Queen's Wrath reputation when opened
Tokens of Flight, Identity, and Judgment can now be dismantled to gain +10 House of Judgement reputation each
nice touches. I did an incidental Wolves patrol yesterday and had a blast with some randoms. Now there's actually a cumulative effect for the farmers among us out there even beyond the RNG. Hopefully the increase in rate as well as the guaranteed key per week will dull the complaints about the chest respawn exploit.

If nothing else, this patch is riddled with "WE'RE FUCKING LISTENING OKAY?!"
Fixed a bug in which the 1.2.0.1 hotfix mistakenly did not contain the 1.1.1 Fusion Rifle balance changes. As a result, players were playing with its pre-1.1.1 weapon balance state. The original fix has been re-applied.
lol what! did they just re-nerf me :p

exYle

This just means that if you had a full bounty inventory when it would have dropped (but was overwritten due to no slots being free), it won't be automatically given to you - you have to get it from Skolas again.

But you can still get the bounty from PoE 34, no?

ethomaz

Banned
Holy shit.

Ammo consumables can now stack to 100

I'm crying right now... all my Special Packs now in one place... thanks Bungie.

cakely

"Kellslayer's Helm", the Titan helm you can buy from House of Judgement for an armor core this week, may be the single single shittiest armor piece I've seen.

+Strength? Check.
Reduce melee cooldown with grenade hits? Check.
Incredibly stupid looking toy airplane on top? Check.

Unfortunately, because Nightfall has yet to drop an etheric light for me, I need to wear it to hit level 34.

Fffffffffffffffff.

Guaranteed Treasure Key and increase Key drops, YES!!!
5x more ammo consumable space, YES!!!!
That's about 3-4 extra consumable spots on each char for me as well as my vault. Thank Goodness.

And by EXTRA I mean, finally having free space.

With Void Burn on Skolas and this update.... that was a good one.

patchday

with my 34 titan that Quodron guy was a joke. But my L34 warlock had nothing but trouble with the L32 and L34 versions. I wish Qudron got more nerfs for us common folk. I am only superhuman with my 34 Titan so far it seems

Jinjo

Stealth nerf the exotic drop rate from the big chest in PoE or nah

I wish the Queen primaries dropped with an element, just from PoE 35 chest. That'd be awesome. Rerollable elemental primaries. Oh god.

Kinda expected keys only on completion of the full set of queen bounties, but one bounty, sure I'll take it.

E92 M3

Agreed, but I think most would agree that the reward balance between ToO and PoE is already in need of revision regardless of matchmaking changes.

One possibility is playing teams with *similar* cards to your team. Maybe similar cards to the "best card" on your team to avoid sandbagging by having a player start a new card or throw 2 rounds to help a team make that is sitting 8-0.

Did you just start and are 0-0? Maybe a "light" skill-based factor just to make sure extremes like level 32 PVE players against triplewreck.

8-0? You should only be playing other 7/8-0 teams. Again, it's portrayed as a "tournament", and a very, very small number of people should be getting to Mercury.

Regarding network-based issues, it absolutely should be a factor. It just shouldn't be the ONLY factor. Games have no business letting people >100ms even join a given certain PVP game.

They shouldn't change anything about the MM - the population is already relatively limited and anything done to filter it more would just ruin the experience.

Glad to see they put back engrams into the weeklies!

Daemul

Bullshit about nerfing Qodron though, this is why we can't have nice things.

Yeah there was no need for that change. People want challenging mechanics instead of artificial difficulty and then when Bungie gives it to them they moan about it. Bungie should just ignore people like that.

Top Bottom