• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

SkylineRKR

Are you trying to reroll the NL Shadow? I rolled one with zen moment, small bore and full auto. It was exciting in theory until I used it and realized it hit like a kitten and that Hawkmoon has the same range...it became weapon parts.

I love theory crafting new legendary guns, but never use them because the exotic hand cannons are so OP. I really hoped that the new cipher exotics would have been outstanding so that they introduced a new legendary primary meta.

Gheleon and Salvation state.

I already have Shadow with Full auto and hidden hand. It did get beaten consistently so I gave up on it. I like the ROF on it, but indeed its too weak. Salvation is good though, it seems its a bit of a MIDA.

SkylineRKR

Don't do it man. I came so close to dismantling my 4th Horseman, my first ever random exotic strike drop, and Bungie eventually patched it to be not crap. AR's time will come (again.)

Fourth Horseman was my first HoW drop, from the Strike playlist. So happy because it was the second to last exotic I didn't have yet.

I love that thing. I just do. One burst takes down the servitor boss at Skywatch. I'm usually the guy killing him. I went with reload speed as its an up close weapon anyway.

nowai

Gheleon and Salvation state.

I already have Shadow with Full auto and hidden hand. It did get beaten consistently so I gave up on it. I like the ROF on it, but indeed its too weak.

Ah right on. Gheleon is pretty killer with outlaw and firefly. I ascended mine pretty quickly after I started rolling in elight. Don't give up!

The worst is when you get the perks you want, but end up with shit scopes.

coy

I've decided to just concentrate on my main Hunter this expansion. I'll build the other two classes on the side still. This should allow enough time to enjoy some of what I want to do in the game. That said, IB was a relatively pain-free solo experience. Won 60%-70% and only started playing Sunday. My goal was to hit rank 5 for the two Etherics which I was able to do thankfulky. Now, with my focus on my Hunter, I think I'll spend these on ascending weapons rather than armor for other classes.

joecanada

As someone who got a Solar Jewel this week: you aren't missing anything. It's a PvP-only hand cannon so burn doesn't matter, I'd never use it over my VoC with that 9 mag and PvP centric perks. It's seriously nothing special, just the novelty of a solar HC. I've barely used it.

Elemental Messengers on the other hand are great for PvP and PvE with that extended mag (which the Jewel desperately needed). Solar and Void are especially nice since both raid Pulse Rifles are arc. A Void Scholar is also a very nice PvE primary.

Sooo... someone can contradict me here but I was pumped to buy a new red hand IX as I loved that gun for a purple handcannon for pvp...

now handcannons need a decent fire rate due to the high impact ones just not making the mark (95 damage) so they all essentially take 3 headshots to kill (exception here is timurs lash or the others with a luck in the chamber or final round, they can 2 shot kill and are viable as well)

so with that in mind I was looking for a handcannon with highest rate of fire possible, and came across the crucible vendor one, it actually has higher rate of fire than revelator and red hand IX and I'm assuming (hopeful) it still is able to 3 shot headshot people.

and it has the additional bonus of being able to be re-rolled... it also has a larger magazine of 12 I believe to the 8 of red hand....

so I rolled it for the time being with zen moment, the perk that refills your grenade/super and the extended mag bonus ...

however I'm planning this as a pvp gun so anyone have any other wisdom to share ? better perks to roll for? (I was running out of motes).

for the record the red hand i loved in the past was all stability, range and reload perks...

I'm buying all the boons at the beginning. Every single time I've bought the double win boon later I come against team ridiculous and lose. 0 for quadrillion. Better luck buying it right away.

noomi

It's almost like Bungie knows I came back for the double win boon so they matchmake me against the PvP Gods.

This happened to me once or twice as well, and then when we came back from the reef. 3 Warlocks with spears and final round.... that was not nice.

I've heard people talk about the loadouts app for iPhone but never got down to trying it until today.

This thing is pretty amazing. I've been using it to create loadouts and it just 'figures it all out', you can even specify which items you want to be equipped with any given loadout. What's really impressive to me is that it just pools together all of your gear (partitioned by type) into a massive inventory for selection. In other words, it doesn't matter which character it's on - it's irrelevant. The app just shows you everything across all three characters and you can select anything to include in a loadout no matter where it is (including the vault).

I'm super impressed with it. Just a few taps to transfer a predefined loadout and equip.

Has anyone had any problems or issues with this app that I should be aware of?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've heard people talk about the loadouts app for iPhone but never got down to trying it until today.

This thing is pretty amazing. I've been using it to create loadouts and it just 'figures it all out', you can even specify which items you want to be equipped with any given loadout. What's really impressive to me is that it just pools together all of your gear (partitioned by type) into a massive inventory for selection. In other words, it doesn't matter which character it's on - it's irrelevant. The app just shows you everything across all three characters and you can select anything to include in a loadout no matter where it is (including the vault).

I'm super impressed with it. Just a few taps to transfer a predefined loadout and equip.

It's using the standard API so there's nothing particular to that app to mention that I know of.

Do be aware that you need one open slot in your vault as well as (of course) the target inventory you are transferring to, because all the app is really doing is moving the item to the vault, then from the vault to your character.

Deku Tree

I've decided to just concentrate on my main Hunter this expansion. I'll build the other two classes on the side still. This should allow enough time to enjoy some of what I want to do in the game. That said, IB was a relatively pain-free solo experience. Won 60%-70% and only started playing Sunday. My goal was to hit rank 5 for the two Etherics which I was able to do thankfulky. Now, with my focus on my Hunter, I think I'll spend these on ascending weapons rather than armor for other classes.

Sounds like a good plan. In case you didn't know it's much easier to get a second two (or a third) character to rank 3 than it is to get one character to rank 5 since there is a new "alt buff" that let's your lower ranked characters have a much easier time leveling up. I did four bounties and played 4-5 games and made it to rank 3 on my two alts after my main was already rank 3 and got three e-lights.

E92 M3

This happened to me once or twice as well, and then when we came back from the reef. 3 Warlocks with spears and final round.... that was not nice.

Man fighting 3 warlocks is such a pain in the ass, but little do they know that I am always devising strategies and one step ahead of their shenanigans. Also, we use Lima to counter-snipe lol.

Dunlop

Now that this game has sucked me in, I realize not only am I the last person playing without a Gally (slight sarcasm) but I also do not have any primary weapons that do elemental damage.

Can these drop in the wild or do I have to start running raids?

Haha I think I was with you on one of those runs. It was not nice at all! Last night after I got the boon, 3x Thorn + blink shotgun. It was atrocious to say the least.

Elimination has skill based MM. If your good then expect good opponents.

Haha maybe I'll just think that to make me feel better when I get dominated :p

But no, not that good. I'm about average haha

Rhaegar

I've been using it since the release on iOS and have had no problems with it. The only downside is that it takes about 15 seconds or so to load up, but I assume that is background syncing with the Bungie servers. No lost weapons so far!

noomi

The app is completely awesome and saves you tons of time. Deku and myself have been praising it for a few weeks trying to get people to use it.

I've talked with the author of the app a few times and he is a genuinely nice guy that pushes out updates his users ask/request. I've even donated the $10 to him, because the app fucking rocks and I can't imagine not having it.

Completely safe, I have never had any issues with it :)

hoggert

I've had numerous problems with the iOS version app appearing to hang while synchronizing. App would stall and then show only half my inventory. Scared the crap out of me the first time. Fixed it by restarting. I've had no real issues with the app otherwise.

Oooooh I want that. Though I really wish it had Shank Burn...

Lol so what would be the PvP equivalents of those useless PoE perks?

September 2014 Burn: "This weapon does bonus damage to auto rifle users."

Pewpewpew Burn: "This weapon does bonus damage to sidearm users."

I am kicking myself now. I finally got around to leveling up my TLW that I got from Xur when he first sold it last year (also have 4 dupes) and wow! This gun is amazing in PvP. Why did I forsake you TLW. After a round or two to get familiar eith it, I had my best play session ever last night. I was getting kills I never got before, even with my Hawkmoon. I got my first ever 6K+ point round and was consistently getting over 2.0 K/D ratios. Iron Wrath bounty was a breeze.

I will alwas have a special place in my heart for Hawkmoon, and it is still a great gun in many situations, but I am switching to the new hotness. The Last Fucking Word.

The app is completely awesome and saves you tons of time. Deku and myself have been praising it for a few weeks trying to get people to use it.

I've talked with the author of the app a few times and he is a genuinely nice guy that pushes out updates his users ask/request. I've even donated the $10 to him, because the app fucking rocks and I can't imagine not having it.

Completely safe, I have never had any issues with it :)

Nice!

Top Bottom