• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Can't see the pic but would like to.

shoot, I'm trying to embed a dropbox pic from my public folder. I will reupload.

how's this:

my%20sniper_zpssschbvay.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

lt519

Starting PoE runs, psn: rarbusto need one just ask and we'll wipe so you can join, starting with 32

Edit: full, may need one in 30 mins though

nowai

got apotheosis veil from the NF. this is basically a Crota only exotic, right?

I actually really like using it in normal pvp when I'm playing sunbro with radiant skin. I use my super very offensively though.

ie, if I'm being shot, I pop radiance, get healed from the helm and then proceed to high five and firebolt people to death.

geordiemp

Just done skolas using a Solar sniper.

Got the elder cypher exotic bounty.

But its stuck and I cannot select any of the three bounties.

WHAT IS THIS BROKEN SHIT ?

Turned off my Ps4, logged in, went back down to reef, bounty I still there, cannot select it.

How have people managed to take Skolas down with purely Gjallarhorn? He always walks into my bubble and then fucks everything up.

You have to keep a steady stream of rockets firing into skolas to keep him "back". If he teleports too early right out in front of your group its almost certainly a wipe (unless you book it as a group to the mines and regroup after them, but 3 people staying alive while exposed can be quite hard).

The 3 gally strat imo is harder than the sniper strat, you need to down the servitor ASAP and 1 person should be firing rockets into skolas (or sniping him) while the other 2 are killing the servitor. You want to stagger the rockets a bit between the 3 people so at no point are all 3 people synthing and basically letting him get some free teleports out. All the videos show the 45 second kill but none of them show the 2 hours before it took of tries where skolas teleports up in your face or someone dies when an add moves in front of them as a rocket is firing.

Frankly just using 3x black sniper (or any other high impact solar sniper) is a lot easier, and saving 7x3 rounds of gallahorn rockets to finish him off when he hits 30% and lower. With really good black sniper headshots you have almost no downtime of keeping him staggered and you don't have to reload ever as long as you keep landing headshots.

Kalentan

So I got 2 Elder Ciphers from Skolas last week... But I only was able to select 1 bounty for it. Does that mean I'm doing the same bounty twice?

deafmedal

I gotta say, I enjoyed the hell out of Iron Banner last week. I had dabbled in it many moons ago so when I started last week all I had was the first emblem you could buy. So starting up was a bit slow. I really haven't played much PvP since TDB dropped and as such it took a minute to warm up. I really only played control before so some of the maps were pretty fresh to me and it was good to get to know those maps.

Only issue was, I suck playing with others. Match after shitty match it felt like I was going through the motions- constantly in last place and feeling like I was holding the team back. Saturday night (probably Sunday morning really) I went in by my self and bam! Had a great match and then another, and some more to follow. Not sure if I was being paired up with peeps worse than me or the lack of full(ish) teams or the fact that it was hard to get kills with git gud Gaffers... maybe it was the lack of voice chat and good loud music but I felt decent for a change. Sure, not all my matches were good but 3 kills with a .3 KDR? Nope, didn't happen.

I started with my Hunter and once she hit lvl 5 I switched to Titan. First match I got the 10 kills bounty and had the rest done in a timely manner. Finished him to 5 and said fuck it and started with my OG lock (I think I had only ran a couple of Crucible matches before with the lock) hoping to get to at least lvl 3 (yesterday, mind... and with only a few hours). Finished the bounties but still hadn't got the 10 kills one (came close several times but got cocky too many times :p). It was past sleepy time and I had 5 kills on the bounty so I said fuck it. Failed. Just wanted to get to lvl 4 for the class item for max buffage next go-round... once again had 5 kills so I went for it. And got it :0

Finished with about 25% to go to lvl 5. Most e-light I've earned in a week (5) and had sooo many purple drops. Everyone has class items, shaders and emblems for next time. And I had a blast. It was weird hardly doing any PvE (one NF, three 32s) as that is where the majority of my Destiny time has been spent. I will definitely start playing Crucible more frequently now. Just gotta learn to play decent with GAF :mad:

I actually really like using it in normal pvp when I'm playing sunbro with radiant skin. I use my super very offensively though.

ie, if I'm being shot, I pop radiance, get healed from the helm and then proceed to high five and firebolt people to death.

interesting. i know someone who uses it with nova bomb so they have full health when they super in front of other players. it's not really for me though but i'll keep it around if i ever do crota HM again.

shermas

There's another perfect roll that I can't get.

My Matador sits at Aggressive Ballistics/Shot Package/Rifle Barreled/Cascade. Will have to do for now.

You need Aggressive Ballistics. I had that combo on my Party Crasher but with CBQ Ballistics, and there were times that I didn't drop guys that I knew would've gone down with that extra 10% damage. Field Choke/Accurized is ok, but I won't settle for anything but Aggressive. I opted for Aggressive with a shitty last perk over Accurized with Luck in the Chamber, because I'd rather have more impact on every bullet than once per mag.

The Matador that I got in the Crucible DROPPED with Aggressive Ballistics, Smallbore, Luck in the Chamber and Shot Package. That's pretty good, right?

I'm scared to reroll it and try for Rifle Barreled.

grief

Yeah but what are the possible chances that opening normal then hard gorgon will increase the drop rate? Who knows but I do know it is possible to pull an exotic from normal and hard gorgon chest.

Edit:
lewd come here ;) I will give you dat ass :p

Thanks for the ass!

shermas

For new page:

The Matador that I got in the Crucible DROPPED with Aggressive Ballistics, Smallbore, Luck in the Chamber and Shot Package. That's pretty good, right?

I'm scared to reroll it and try for Rifle Barreled.

Top Bottom