• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

nowai

yeah, trying my luck at round 2.

Does everyone on your team have ghorns? It's solar burn, so the need for precision sniper headshots is not needed.

Charge up the left side and kill the baby serv. Drop a blessing bubble at the top of the ramp overlooking the battlefield. Skolas won't teleport up here, but mobs will path up here if you are slow on DPS.

Have everyone jump out of the bubble and ghorn him with all 7 rockets, pop a synth and then hit him with 7 more rockets. You should be able to kill him before needing to run to the first mine.

All of the add despawn when he dies, so don't worry about clearing them. Focus 100% on Skolas.

You shouldn't have any rockets left over. If he is not going down fast enough, it's because not everyone is shooting all of their rockets. The trials gloves with heavy ammo reload speed are boss for this fight.

goodluck.

100% win ratio in Elimination. Too easy.

I was getting destroyed... Just like ToO. I love that we can practice the maps, but wonder how much the flow will change when it's coordinated teams and it counts.

Disclaimer: just switched to bumper jumper today. Lots of wasted supers.

Arrrammis

Feel like i'm kinda of stuck at level 32. What mode should I be playing to get the gear to send me to 33 and 34?
Playing PoE lvl. 32 will get you an armor core, which will let you buy one piece of legendary gear from variks. If you also have an exotic that you ascended, you should be at lvl. 33. Once you hit lvl. 33, you could probably run the PoE lvl. 34 and get an etheric light, which lets you ascend another piece of armor.

Feel like i'm kinda of stuck at level 32. What mode should I be playing to get the gear to send me to 33 and 34?

PoE 32, get the armor core. The armor core lets you buy a 42 light gear. 2 42 light ( using the armor core and a exotic) and 2 36 ( or whatever the former light cap was) will get you to level 33. PoE 34 is doable as a level 33. Even carried a RL friend thats a level 32 through PoE 34 last week.

A_Gorilla

Banned
A tall order, but I'm looking to do Skolas x3. Gally method, I trust we all know it by now. Its fine if you want to do it only once or twice but please say so before we begin.

PSN: El_Bombastico

The Matador that I got in the Crucible DROPPED with Aggressive Ballistics, Smallbore, Luck in the Chamber and Shot Package. That's pretty good, right?

I'm scared to reroll it and try for Rifle Barreled.

Just keep that one, and eventually you'll get another or a Party Crasher or a Felwinter's and you can go for a "perfect" roll.

I'd be scared to reroll that one without a million weapon parts.

Mindlog

Checking my postmasters.
I have two Hawkmoons and three Plan C rifles in my backup vaults.
Watching Mindlog's video in particular it is clear we were approaching the encounter in the same way. On our best attempts we came close to simply succeeding, in the same way, but did not. Even in the context of that success, there are a couple of lucky "rolls" as far as which mine spawns where and which guardian is tainted at which moment.
I honestly can't say if we were or if we weren't because we did it many times while getting close. However, every decision in the video is made to mitigate luck and help out Biggy who didn't have a mic.

Before Skolas is on us I move up hoping that he won't end up near A. This is the biggest luck factor.
On the first set of mines we always grabbed the mark off of somebody if they had to leave.
@1m 50s I go down to help cap A because I thought Biggy's timer was almost up and was going to die before capping.
@2m 20s I leave because the Hunter was going to Cap A. If they got marked they could wake up the dead guardian and be cleaned that way. However, since i got marked I ran all the way to the far ledge planning to die there whether the mine spawned or not. It was actually unlucky that I was the one to get marked.

Again it's why I really like that encounter. None of the other PvE encounters really press on-the-fly adaptation. I know not being able to complete it for many nights in a row can be very frustrating. I hope it all comes together soon.

BokehKing

Banned
After playing ESO all day, and finally getting into the GAF guild, I really really hope Bungie takes a long hard look at their game and implements something like that. Shows who is online, where they are, separate voice chat room just for the guild.

It would make destiny almost perfect to me.

Rhaegar

After playing ESO all day, and finally getting into the GAF guild, I really really hope Bungie takes a long hard look at their game and implements something like that. Shows who is online, where they are, separate voice chat room just for the guild.

It would make destiny almost perfect to me.

Wait, Guilds are those things we join just to have clever tags behind our name, right? What other purpose could they possibly serve?

Top Bottom