• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Deku Tree

What does the glitch do, anyways? I'm guessing that the grenade gives you a ridiculous amount of super energy? Is it on hit? If it's intentionally made that way than it's way different than the heavy ammo glitch. Maybe.

It's obviously an unintended bug when Each grenade hit counts as a kill.

noomi

Bored and started looking through my post history in some of the older OT's

My God :D
mdJuvZx.jpg

E92 M3

And that's why Bungie is great at managing their community in certain regards.

Bungie doesn't often disclose the types of Bans they give people. But yes I heard some of them were temporary.

I think they were all temporary to serve as a warning.

True, but it's still annoying to see the whole group use it.

Rush those fools with shotguns. I love when the whole opposite team snipes - makes my job easier.

Nuszka

So good. Btw dude i pulled of a Macello and counted wrong , if we are to play in an hour my wife might be back and i might be forced to bail. I counted +3 hours from the scheduled time do not now why, meds must have messed me up.

Mindlog

Ashes to Asset perk. Apparently only works during solar burn. Just tried in a mission, didn't seem to work.
My guess is that Swarms that strike a dead body count as getting a kill thus stacking the bonus way beyond what's intended. Lag would help make it work better. The Swarm has to starts tracking before the target dies and impact after its dead.

Jrmint

Nice man. Reminds me of my first Atheon kill. Took our group about 10 total hours over the course of the week. Was so much fun.

Big shout out to that crew, I miss our Wednesday night runs.

Btw has anyone seen Squall or NarcissisticJay on at all? Seems like they quit the game.

I think I remember reading that a small number of the bans may have been worse than temporary depending upon the degree of exploitation.
would they ban for PvE, though?
I know Future war cult has the helmet for a fact because I purchased one for I/D.

Edit: Turns out each vendor is currently selling a helmet with that perk. Didn't realize it was that popular.
noice! i gonna have to see if i have one, and if i don't, buy one. that, and Young Ahamkara's Spine will get leveled with my daily event packages and Skolas will pay, yessss..... kill them dead, guardian.

Axoman

Bladedancing has to be the most useless PvE super. You can't even take out a yellow with Mask of the Third Man extending it's duration and during the attack you just get pummeled by all the other adds. Frustrates me because the invis is so useful.

Well, you are bringing a knife to a gun fight...

Have you guys seen this?

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/397ph0/the_nature_of_the_exo/

Its a really good read about the exos/vex/stranger/wtf is going on.

Also pisses me off that bungie dosnt include things like this in the game. Destiny could have had a GREAT storry. They should have made som cut sceens out of the most important things from the grimoire cards.

Instead we get a dumb Ghost to "protect" while enemies runs towards us to die.

Great read!

XenoRaven

Have you guys seen this?

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/397ph0/the_nature_of_the_exo/

Its a really good read about the exos/vex/stranger/wtf is going on.

Also pisses me off that bungie dosnt include things like this in the game. Destiny could have had a GREAT storry. They should have made som cut sceens out of the most important things from the grimoire cards.

Instead we get a dumb Ghost to "protect" while enemies runs towards us to die.
I started looking into this theory about how if simulating reality is possible, then it is highly likely we are living in a simulation. I found some paper and the first thing I saw was a question about whether or not it was possible to use the "Monte Carlo" method. I looked up what that was and got this this from Wikipedia;

"Monte Carlo methods (or Monte Carlo experiments) are a broad class of computational algorithms that rely on repeated random sampling to obtain numerical results. They are often used in physical and mathematical problems and are most useful when it is difficult or impossible to use other mathematical methods. Monte Carlo methods are mainly used in three distinct problem classes: optimization, numerical integration, and generating draws from a probability distribution."

M3Rocket

Didn't Bungie give temporary bans for people using that exploit?

I remember a prominent Destiny YouTUBEr getting a 2 or 3 week ban I believe. He indicted himself by showing it on his channel, while asking people watching not to do it in PvP. Not sure if that video was taken down. Not sure what he was thinking--do as I say, not as I do? Stupid is as stupid does.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
if it meant free or cheaper expansions, id be for it. We'd lose Hawkian though
If it meant free expansions I'd be on board just as quickly as I'd be gone if it didn't
Nah Hawkian plays GW2 which has cosmetic micro transaction stuff (I believe, never played myself). Hawkian would stay as long as the micro transactions do no affect gameplay at all in even the tiniest little way (I guess).
Eh. Guild Wars 2 has provided an enormous amount of content for free. In fact the upcoming expansion this year will be the first content gated behind a paywall since launch. It's a very different business model.

Destiny's expansions are quite expensive in a raw amount-of-stuff-per-dollar sense. I certainly like knowing that everything within them is obtainable without spending any more. I don't particularly like the idea of microtransactions in Destiny because of just how different the models are. Bungie also doesn't really need any more money.
Fashion Wars 2! GW2 is all about the micro transactions. However, they're very well done, and most won't give you an advantage in anyway. There are couple of small ones, but they're not a big deal.
I really like the gem store in GW2, it's actually the only one that has ever inspired me to spend real money to buy any kind of in-game microtransactions, though the vast majority of my purchases within it have been made with in-game gold (if such a conversion didn't exist, I would feel much less positively about it).

Still, again, the models are enormously different. GW2 is a ridiculously good value, for anyone who might be interested BTW. We have a great GAF guild as well.

Knife Juggler disagrees with the implication here.

Then again, Knifeslinger > Bladedancer

b69buiN.gif

id never been that close to a blade dancer and lived.....
I usually die when Im frantically trying to figure out if I should shoot it or run from it.
neither works

PuMa

I started looking into this theory about how if simulating reality is possible, then it is highly likely we are living in a simulation. I found some paper and the first thing I saw was a question about whether or not it was possible to use the "Monte Carlo" method. I looked up what that was and got this this from Wikipedia;

"Monte Carlo methods (or Monte Carlo experiments) are a broad class of computational algorithms that rely on repeated random sampling to obtain numerical results. They are often used in physical and mathematical problems and are most useful when it is difficult or impossible to use other mathematical methods. Monte Carlo methods are mainly used in three distinct problem classes: optimization, numerical integration, and generating draws from a probability distribution."

Monte_Carlo.jpg

Whoa. Excellent find.

blackflag

IDK... if Deej puts a warning in the weekly update then Bans will be fair game.

Also You have to use a specific grenade with a specific set of perks on your armor and if you just start running that build this week then you will definately look like an exploiter.

I ran this setup before it was cool.

Believe me Bungle....please.

Why isn't there an exotic hand cannon or sidearm that is a pair of pistols that you dual-wield?

Also why aren't there equippable melee weapons?

RemiLP

Nice find ;)

The rabbit hole goes deep

Long shot, but does anyone currently have a space at Skolas? Just got booted from a team from LFG so they could get their friend in :( Don't want to have to go through all the rounds again if I can help it. I'm currently mic-less but I'm very familiar with the fight.

Ugh.

LiK

Long shot, but does anyone currently have a space at Skolas? Just got booted from a team from LFG so they could get their friend in :( Don't want to have to go through all the rounds again if I can help it. I'm currently mic-less but I'm very familiar with the fight.

Ugh.

LFG sucks so much.

I just found a new Felwinter's Lie that I guess dropped during IB?

What should I be rolling for on it? I know some of the old perk combinations aren't possible on the new drops.

phen0m24

Nice man. Reminds me of my first Atheon kill. Took our group about 10 total hours over the course of the week. Was so much fun.

Big shout out to that crew, I miss our Wednesday night runs.

Btw has anyone seen Squall or NarcissisticJay on at all? Seems like they quit the game.
See Jay playing Diablo 3 quite often

Top Bottom