• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

BondFancy

Yes, I got all three from 32.
This is a megaton for me. That means my luck is terrible haha!

Edit-
Top of the page Warlock master race!
Y3bkWrW.jpg

Shito

What a game! Won by 10 points!

I got a 9 kill streak. My k/d was 1.83. Total luck!

That was awesome though. Really felt like something was at stake.

I was similar, I never used to enjoy crucible that much, but now I think it's my favourite part of the game, right up there with the raids.
Yeah! 10 points victory for your first Iron Banner match is kinda cool, a great way to sell you on the mode from the game. ^^

I'm kinda torn, this week, I really want to do a bit of IB (if only for those etheric lights), but I also want to get all those PoE 32 done, and I don't have much free time for myself on week days... I'll probably have to wait for this week-end to really play some IB: hoping at least that will make it so all the big players are too busy running ToO. :)

Kukawaki

I really wish they would make all weapons as awesome as hand cannons. Not constantly nerf weapons.

All weapons need to be as good as hand cannons.

I want to agree with you but I'd like to see TTK go up substantially. TLW's 0.4s is a little silly.

YoungHav

Banned
I got this at launch and was Iron Banner Lvl 1 at the least. I just popped it in and my Iron Banner XP is at 0.... Ummm what's the deal?

Sullichin

Sigh this is true. I use to spent a lot of time playing raids many times, join nightfalls if I see someone posting a few times with no response, pass out gorgon checkpoints to help groups out. Disappointing this occurred. Nonetheless I am no longer able to help out much these days. I hope other people will be kind enough to help fellow gaffers out. But recently things have been negative.

This thread is incredibly cliquey. Makes sense as people play with the same people over and over but it can get kind of annoying. Not that I have trouble finding people to play with but sometimes the tone of the thread doesn't feel so...inclusive. Not sure how else to put it.
You've helped me out a lot. Probably wouldn't have half the gear I have if it wasn't for your CP sharing, raid invites and general kindness.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I just did my first game. We lost, but I was in first place on my team. Best worst!

I gotta let my PS4 controller charge for a bit, but in an hour or so I would love to do some GAF iron banner.

Did amazing on my second game as well! A win and a 2.83 :-O

I'd definitely be up for that but it's 20 past midnight here in the UK and I have work tomorrow, grrrr

Thank you for this info Sentinal! HoW has been very convoluted in how things work and drop.

No kidding. I don't want to know how many keys I wasted trying to get the class items from the Queen's Chest and now they seem like a guaranteed drop the first time you open it after the latest patch.

For people who have done Skolas this week. Does the drop of primaries seem higher or still stupidly low?

I got this at launch and was Iron Banner Lvl 1 at the least. I just popped it in and my Iron Banner XP is at 0.... Ummm what's the deal?

Resets every Iron Banner.

Sullichin

It resets every IB event. It didn't after the very first IB, but they've since changed it so it resets every time. It's MUCH quicker to get to level 5 than that first Iron Banner.

First Iron Banner was Bastion every other game with tons of quitters. And if you lost you didn't get anything. Now you at least get a Token of Shittiness that gets turned in the next time you win for more rep.

MmQRGMx.jpg

Guardian Lord! Woo! Terrible photo since I wasn't expecting to get the last trophy then.

The fact that this is my first platinum trophy is very a much a testament to how great the DGaf here is. I never would have stuck this long with a game otherwise.

Though getting the trophy is no big deal now, it does represent a culmination of some of my favorite moments in gaming.

Running as a newbie in one of Hawkians raids to being in his fireteam for the group's first HM Crota kill. Running sword for our flawless run (Thanks flawless team!). Witnessing the amazing skills of players like Unstabled first hand on the Mercury Trains. Asking for and always receiving help from such generous players as Ruthless, Drizzay, iRawr etc.. And of course having an awesome group of regulars to run raids with every Tuesday.

Thanks all!
Dont know what I did but congrats Captain Science :)

I dunno, I can't say for sur done way or another.

I mean sure there are some people who always play together and there are people who others want to play with but never get the chance to.

I'm hardly one of the more 'popular' people on here bu I've made quite a few groups over the past week or so for various things and they've filled relatively quickly and everyone has been really awesome players who Know their shit or are willing to listen and learn.

I'm so more than happy to run stuff to help out if I've got the time to and that's important I feel to allow more people to be in a position to help even more people out.

It's a good community here for sure, I'd hate to see that part of it disappear.

There is though. Especially with the changes to allow us to upgrade all hear to max level. It makes everything valuable and worthwhile pursuing. For the most part anyway.

There's many people in this very thread who still run VoG normal and HM, myself included, due to needing items or whatever. (Still need my flawless run god damnit)

Same goes for Crota too.

Sure, some people may not be interested in helping out but there's plenty that do.
Maybe I choice the wrong thing to quote? hmm perhaps I meant its harder to find groups willing to do some of the older materials for new players or later on throughout the week and before the reset when the rush to get things done before the reset happens. Of course I understand people are busy with rl things and its no ones fault. But if thats how the newer players feels, we cant say much to their p.o.v. I can only view things as a 3rd party. Just my 2 cents.

Did Skolas legit and it was SUPER fun! Thanks SlenderBeans and Zoltan69 for the quick 32+34+35 run! Oh by the way is this a good scout rifle? It has the perfect balance and triple tap on it.

CGiAOZ_UkAE2xgy.png:large

This thread is incredibly cliquey. Makes sense as people play with the same people over and over but it can get kind of annoying. Not that I have trouble finding people to play with but sometimes the tone of the thread doesn't feel so...inclusive. Not sure how else to put it.
You've helped me out a lot. Probably wouldn't have half the gear I have if it wasn't for your CP sharing, raid invites and general kindness.
I love having a big list and playing with whoever's available.

phen0m24

I love GAF and I love DGAF, but you have to know there is a bit of a "high school lunch table" popularity thing going on here. Not all of us can post a LFG post and instantly get people to join us.

Yes, I know I could put more effort into getting into groups as well, I'm not complaining about it. Just pointing out for some it's not as simple as posting on GAF and instantly getting into a group that will do PoE 34 and 35 X3 and get to Mercury over and over.

Hey just seeing rawr respond to this one i wanted to chime in. Last night I saw you guys but was trying to do my crucible dailies. I'm sorry about that - just really trying to get them done. And I wasn't feeling ToO again just yet.

Yes it can get a little clique-y sometimes. Forgive me as I'm guilty of that. :(

Sullichin

I love having a big list and playing with whoever's available.

It's awesome how many people are playing on my friends list at any given time now. The game was comparatively pretty dead for a while. I wasn't around either, I had burnt out on this game, played Bloodborne like everyone else, and then continued taking a break until HOW

Top Bottom