• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

squadr0n

Anyone gathering a team for PS4? Count me in!

Level 30 Sun Warlock LFG for either Raid or any Weekley stuff, Strike or Nightfall.

Invite: Squad0n

RetroMG

Finally downed Qodron.

Okay, so I actually think it's a really cool fight, but there are waaaaay too many adds, and far too many of them are Hobgoblins. It turns what could be a difficult, but doable fight into a nightmare. If the difficulty got tuned down just a little bit, it would be a great fight.

Thanks to Kadey, Ruthless, Ejas, and Priest for a really difficult, but fun run.

Whelp just finished The Witcher 3. Probably can go back to Destiny soon.

But man Fallout 4 better not release this year. Or Destiny might start collecting dust.

Between Lego Worlds, MGSV Phantom Pain, Fallout 4, DMC4 Special Edition in a couple weeks...I'm....I'm losing my Destiny drive :(

So I'm cutting back time on the game....

I'm such a scrubbby useless scrub that I like the Wolfslayer's Claw. :D

Gonna be trying it again myself soon this week but it sort of felt to me like the right side was the more defensible. Shotguns and Machine Guns for the Detain shields. Have one person focus their fire on the adds throughout. Some strategies dedicate one person to killing the eye, but I'm thinking anyone who is able to kill it should kill it and tend to the detains for the others.

Fun fact: being 33/34 has very little effect on level 32 content.

Yeah, me and a buddy were 34 and that 32 still was quite a pain. Even worse it was only two of us doing it. It was an uncomfortable edge of your seats encounter the whole time. We also toke the right side as you have more cover and can duck by the rocks when things get hairy. You only have to worry about your left side. My buddy was a titan and he would pop a bubble whenever we were ready to do some major dps on the boss and fire away with heavies or black hammer/icebreaker.

The rest of the time we would take out adds while taking shots at the boss when we could. Whoever found the eye would weaken him and wait until the search for targets happened than we killed him. With that buff you can get everyone out of the detainment pretty easily with a few shotgun or sniper shots. If you keep that pattern up you only really have to worry about the hobgobilns as too many of them out there can be very dangerous.

i've lost count of how many people have said i'm using keyboard and mouse.

When I played Halo 3, after a couple of months, I knew I had to get into the higher sensitivity areas to be able to pull off some of the fanciers tricks. So every two weeks, I pushed myself up into a higher sensitivity. I capped out at 8. At 9 I kept over compensating and it never stuck.

When destiny came out I set the sensitivity to 10 within the first minute because I wanted to train my brain that THIS was the default, and learn from it. I played like shit for the first 4 days or (I missed so many Fist of Havocs), but eventually I found my grove and I'll never look back.

I recommend to almost everyone here, that if you can help it, try upping your sensitivity every so often. It's amazing what it can do for you.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Alright. Going on POE 34. Anyone in? Must have everything and can curse in vex, hive and fallen languages.

I think until House of Wolves, with Trials of Osiris and Prison of Elders, Destiny has done a poor job at introducing players to actual challenge. It has lead people into this false sense of "I am the best player ever" by making most of the end game content fairly easy or highly "cheesable". That is fine, but so many people I play with would rather cheese through a challenging encounter than challenge themselves to finish it. It's all become a going through the motions type of situation. "Just gotta get this done this week".

Confluxes are Hard in VoG. Most people look for a checkpoint beyond it. Bridge on Crota's End is Hard. Most people cheese this, despite it being one of the most fun encounters/puzzles in the game to me. Oracles are Hard. Most people cheese it by staying up top and sniping. Legitimate strategy, sure, but it takes most of the challenge out of the encounter, and because of this, people still get the loot and are lulled into this position that they have mastered the game because of it.

I think that's why you're seeing so many people complaining about difficulty with these new encounters - they've either never been challenged before by this game, or maybe they have, yet are much more comfortable getting carried, or cheesing to get the spoils.

Yes, they are hard as hell, the new bosses, getting to Mercury - all highly challenging activities, and all things this game has been sorely lacking due to the "easy mode" strategies that are able to be exploited so often. And while I agree that Burn modifiers on Skolas might be going a bit too far, the rest of the bosses have been pretty much spot on as far as challenge goes, in my opinion.

The changes to Qodron will help get more people through, and that could be good, but I don't think people should expect that type of rebalancing all the time. There are some parts of this game that you're supposed to fail on a lot. That are meant to challenge your play to it's very limits. To me, that's what I want more of in this game.

The only issue I have is with the checkpoint system on the Challenge modes of Prison of Elders. The time investment is too much to have to redo the entire thing from the get go when you inevitably have to go to bed after failing for so long. That and maybe lay of the Solar and Arc burns except on an even higher difficulty tier - maybe like a Monthly "Very Hard" Skolas rotation tier.

See, this just proves to me that you didn't really learn the fight or develop an effective strategy to beat it. If you did, you'd know that the adds actually do not swarm you at certain locations on the stage. The right side for example, the only place the adds can come at you are from the left side, as well as a max of 2-3 harpies from the front. You funnel everything through the left, and when it gets hectic, everyone ignore their tunnel vision on the boss and actually helps clear the 5 or 6 enemies that are starting to pile up on the left entrance. No Gjallarhorn required. Stop thinking that bosses should just be boss battles - and start thinking of them as boss encounters - adds are mechanics. It is very manageable, and within a few weeks I bet most people will figure out better strategies and better ways to get through it. Same thing went for Atheon, same thing went for Crota. The fact that 34 rotates into 32 the following week is even better, as it'll help with perfecting strategies on an easier mode if you find the 34 too difficult. Then when it rotates back around to 34 once you've mastered 32 version, you can try again with your new perspective.

I agree with this to an extent. The encounters are definitely challenging for players who aren't used to their challenge. To me however I just see them as a gear and strategy check. If you know what to do and what to use, they aren't that difficult unless there's a burn on that makes the fight unnecessarily punishing. My issue just lies in the fact that some of the objectives are thrown in there for the sake of challenge. Qodron isn't a particularly fun fight, but the mechanics make a lot of sense. The same goes for the Flame Prince. Skolas on the other hand has two mechanics "just because".

Whelp just finished The Witcher 3. Probably can go back to Destiny soon.

But man Fallout 4 better not release this year. Or Destiny might start collecting dust.
I'm about 50% done with The Witcher 3. I decided to take a mini break until the next patch comes out. I'm not really that hyped about Fallout 4. I can see MGS V, Battlefront and Halo taking my attention from Destiny this fall.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'll go, was just asking ruthless if you guys did PoE35 this morning, would you still be up for that?

Yeah I still need a full set for my warlock. Just one more 34 for Titan.

I can confident in this team. -=watchusspendhoursonit=-

I guess I'll stream.

Seep

Since patch only one of my characters got a key for queen bounty missions and I haven't got a single key from an ether chest despite "greatly Improved drop rate" stellar work Bungie.

Zocano

Yeah I still need a full set for my warlock. Just one more 34 for Titan.

I can confident in this team. -=watchusspendhoursonit=-

I'll go! Still need to do it on my hunter.

edit: Nevermind, grab Jignx.

Also apparently if you reroll a 365 weapon it goes back down to 331...

Ken

Since patch only one of my characters got a key for queen bounty missions and I haven't got a single key from an ether chest despite "greatly Improved drop rate" stellar work Bungie.

I got a key from the first and only chest I opened since the patch so it works for me!

The fact that kadey still doesnt talk on a mic with us pretty much confirms that she is someone famous like ariana grande or kate middleton that doesnt want us to know her identity.

Its the only explanation i'll accept. :)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Actually, would anyone be up for running VoG normal for the flawless run? Also get everyone in the same clan to run it for the other trophy?

Thinking about getting a group for this together later tonight if I can get people up for it?

1 - Me
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -

If you're interested quote and add your PSN to the list above :D
FYI, Crota is probably easier to do Flawless in since the jumping puzzle always has strange accidents.

Also, I believe PoE counts as a raid for the purposes of all the raid trophies, so you might find it easier to find 2 other people who want to try to do it on 28.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks for the quick replies! I'm mostly a PvE player.

I guess this sort of goes along with Ghaleon's questions. I'm a little lost with all the attack numbers and modifiers. I don't have any etheric light yet to get my VoC or Fatebringer up to higher attack numbers yet so I thought I'd try to use some of the new legendaries in the meantime. I seem to do best with scout rifles. But I don't mind using hand cannons and I'm getting the feel of pulse rifles. Currently I already have as drops a bunch of pulse rifles (2x Conduits, 55A-All Fate, Payment VI) and the Scout NL Shadow 701X.

I guess if any of those are worth keeping I'll have to figure out what I want in reforging stats.

The 55A-Allfate, which I originally wrote off when it dropped for me, is pretty crazy awesome. I'm loving the one that dropped for me like this
CFdwpYVUMAAi8z8.jpg:large
And it was great even before unlocking Headseeker, honestly. I was wary of the comparatively low impact at first but I really love it. I even did (quietly) well with it in ToO. The tradeoff perk is higher stability lower mag, which seems to suit it extremely well.

I don't know much about the Payment VI- that's one of the original Queen's Wrath weapons, isn't it...?

The Conduit is pretty much pure trash unfortunately.

That NL Shadow scout is very balanced, easy to turn into whatever you'd like it to be by rerolling. If you don't have a scout with Firefly yet this is a great opportunity to get one!

Here are the Allfate and Shadow to play around with perks:
http://www.destinydb.com/items/4265265106-55a-allfate
http://www.destinydb.com/items/1566869545-nl-shadow-701x

Hung Wei Lo

I will be looking to do Nightfall x1 and as many PoE 32-35 runs that we can fit in around 9:00pm EST tonight.

Anyone interested?

1. Cosmos_Man

I need 2xNF and 1 PoE32 if there's still room; I can attempt 34, but etheric light has been my nemesis, so I'm only at 33

Top Bottom