• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jigga please! Congrats to your Warriors. Poor Cleveland :-/ Rest of those scrubs were just too heavy to carry.

I've always noticed the best Crucible players running with Hunters, but never understood why?

Super belated response but here goes. A few points:

Bladedancer is arguably the most OP subclass for PvP. The combination of:

• high base agility combined with Blink, maybe the most useful PvP ability period
  • OHK super that allow pre-activation like Kor said, Hungering Blade health regen for multi-kills, a double defense buff for tanking damage (BDancers take half damage)
  • arc bolt grenade that auto-targets and chains multiple enemies
  • OHK melee from behind/sides pairs well with Blink and has long range with auto-targeting
  • Quickdraw perk is overlooked but hugely valuable. Getting rid of that ADS time is a huge advantage for a quick TTK game like Destiny. Nghtly has frequently talked on his stream about how OP it is.

Gunslinger has the best PvP super imo plus long range "melee" throwing knives that have crazy auto aim. But when taken as an entire subclass I don't think they quite match BD. No blink is a big downside and they don't have anything comparable to Quickdraw.

edit: for scrubby page topper- Did somebody say carry?

CHrGQ7GUsAAawTx.jpg:large

Willectro

Banned
Played Destiny for a bit around (and before) launch. My friends have all moved on to other games, with no intention of returning. I mainly care about PvP. Will I be missing out on a lot trying to play this expansion solo?

Played Destiny for a bit around (and before) launch. My friends have all moved on to other games, with no intention of returning. I mainly care about PvP. Will I be missing out on a lot trying to play this expansion solo?

Yes, trials of osiris is the pvp end game.
But fear not. You cant get plenty of teams right here all weekend long

Jigga please! Congrats to your Warriors. Poor Cleveland :-/ Rest of those scrubs were just too heavy to carry.

• high base agility combined with Blink, maybe the most useful PvP ability period
  • OHK super that allow pre-activation like Kor said, Hungering Blade health regen for multi-kills, a double defense buff for tanking damage (BDancers take half damage)
  • OHK melee from behind/sides pairs well with Blink and has long range with auto-targeting
  • Quickdraw perk is overlooked but hugely valuable. Getting rid of that ADS time is a huge advantage for a quick TTK game like Destiny. Nghtly has frequently talked on his stream about how OP it is.

Gunslinger has the best PvP super imo plus long range "melee" throwing knives that have crazy auto aim. But when taken as an entire subclass I don't think they quite match BD. No blink is a big downside and they don't have anything comparable to Quickdraw.

Cold man, just cold. I followed orders and stayed back. I should have saved the clip where sniped the rezzer and rezzie.

OkayRene

That was super comprehensive.

Also, I just made a Hunter. 👍

Deej: "I think Destiny would be a pretty boring game if you had a marriage with the same gun for 10 years."

npa5yMn.gif

There's already a marriage going on in the PVP community. I know it's his job but boy does he know how to not answer every single question thrown at him. Also looks like there's an extra slot under the class items.

18882185461_000e5bd092_c.jpg

The ghost is also moved up top, now im curious what took its place....

Also why do none of the guns or armor have attack or defense stats, and why is the st, di, int so low

Deej: "I think Destiny would be a pretty boring game if you had a marriage with same gun for 10 years."

npa5yMn.gif

There's already a marriage going on in the PVP community. I know it's his job but boy does he know how to not answer every single question thrown at him. Also looks like there's an extra slot under the class items.

18882185461_000e5bd092_c.jpg

The obvious response is "offer me a better gun".

I dropped hazen vengeance for hunger of crota in a heartbeat. Then put that aside for my ash factory. Beat fate bringer, and I'll turn it into weapon parts without remorse.

Sofa King

I don't think there will be a real Destiny 2.

Next year we will have another big expansion in September like this year.

It feels like Diablo III or WoW.

That would be leaving money on the table, which Activision just don't do. 60 dollar game vs 40 dollar expansion.

One spot for nightfall. Join me or milkham.

Also congrats to Jack and Lars on their first Vault of Glass :)

As expected, I stole all the good loot. Gjallarhorn and Vision of confluence :/

This is a random idea that just popped in my head, but what do you guys think of this:

"Buff Day"

One day a week (let's say Wednesday or Thursday), one type of gun gets a 50-100% buff and one type gets a 50-100% nerf in PVP. Perhaps it's one gun per all three classes.

For example, this Thursday when you play any PVP match, AUTO RIFLES have a 50% buff and HAND CANNONS have a 50% nerf.

Plus any matches you play on Buff Day give you the potential to get legendary engrams as loot, or increased passage coins or whatever.

Personally, I like the idea since it would almost force people to try out different guns, and everything wouldn't be such a Thorn/Last Word fest every day. Plus it wouldn't come on a day when Trials was happening (or who knows, maybe it could!), and it wouldn't affect PVE content.

Thoughts?

Ken

This is a random idea that just popped in my head, but what do you guys think of this:

"Buff Day"

One day a week (let's say Wednesday or Thursday), one type of gun gets a 50-100% buff and one type gets a 50-100% nerf in PVP. Perhaps it's one gun per all three classes.

For example, this Thursday when you play any PVP match, AUTO RIFLES have a 50% buff and HAND CANNONS have a 50% nerf.

Plus any matches you play on Buff Day give you the potential to get legendary engrams as loot, or increased passage coins or whatever.

Personally, I like the idea since it would almost force people to try out different guns, and everything wouldn't be such a Thorn/Last Word fest every day. Plus it wouldn't come on a day when Trials was happening (or who knows, maybe it could!), and it wouldn't affect PVE content.

Thoughts?

I don't want a daily gimmick to change up the PvP landscape. Just let the actual buffs/nerfs do that.

Big thanks to everyone who helped us out in our Vault of Glass run. It was the first time for my brother and I, and everyone was super helpful and awesome to play with. Special thanks to DeathJr for walking us through each step.

There were some difficult parts near the end when I was kicked out of party chat, but it was sorted soon enough. Can't wait to try it again!

Baliis

One spot for nightfall. Join me or milkham.

Also congrats to Jack and Lars on their first Vault of Glass :)

As expected, I stole all the good loot. Gjallarhorn and Vision of confluence :/

And thanks for the run. My first time running that strike, it gets a bit hectic at the end there.

Apparently the nightfall doesn't count for doing the strike for the quest though. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom