• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big thanks to everyone who helped us out in our Vault of Glass run. It was the first time for my brother and I, and everyone was super helpful and awesome to play with. Special thanks to DeathJr for walking us through each step.

There were some difficult parts near the end when I was kicked out of party chat, but it was sorted soon enough. Can't wait to try it again!

Glad you had fun and got some loot, try hard now.

And thanks for the run. My first time running that strike, it gets a bit hectic at the end there.

Apparently the nightfall doesn't count for doing the strike for the quest though. Oh well.

No worries, loot was crap though.

A man offers three scrubs to the many faced god

vZAQrz.gif

http://share.gifyoutube.com/vZAQrz.webm

I would have reported myself for cheating, and I still might.

Zocano

Deej: "I think Destiny would be a pretty boring game if you had a marriage with the same gun for 10 years."

There's already a marriage going on in the PVP community. I know it's his job but boy does he know how to not answer every single question thrown at him. Also looks like there's an extra slot under the class items.

The idea that people want to have and coddle fatebringer for 10 years straight sounds completely fucking insane to me.

Like, seriously, what the hell? You really want this? New guns, different guns, upward growth and change is good. I want 0 of the current exotics to be popular by Destiny 3.

Nope. Why would you want a Void Burn reducer for a Solar Burn nightfall?

I mean, it's small steps and niche use, but it's a start so far.

Mm, right, didn't think of it that way. Just assumed "good perk always use when necessary"

Ken

Nope. Why would you want a Void Burn reducer for a Solar Burn nightfall?

I mean, it's small steps and niche use, but it's a start so far.

Introduces encounter specific gear perks.

Won't increase Vault space.

Zzz.

Current Vault space is fine when you only really need one gear set per subclass, and you have enough spaces on yourself for minor adjustments for PvP and PVE. But with encounter specific perks (Fallen burn, Void resist, Hive disruptor) creeping into the game people are going to start expanding their gear sets especially if we see some tougher encounters in TTK where you need all advantages you can get to win.

Introduces encounter specific gear perks.

Won't increase Vault space.

Zzz.

The specific gear perks can definitely be done better, not make it so niche and locked to a certain type of burn. Maybe increase X damage by X amount, maybe increase rate of fire and stability for X or something. I dunno.

That was one of the first times I've left a Heroic Weekly. First off my teammates weren't doing anything, by the time we got to the boss I had +100 kills and they both had less than 20 kills. When we do get to the boss they both decided to stay up top and they both died somehow. I couldn't rez them, so I just killed myself because I wasn't going to dps the boss alone, takes too long. Next try they both go afk or something. I don't know what they were doing, but they were just standing around at the boss fight the majority of the time. So I left, don't even care. My new group did it in 10 mins.

FyreWulff

thanks for the easy kill for my hunter, Ghaleon. I'm gonna grind out and try to finish the gunslinger subclass now, so i can have all subclasses maxed for the new ones in time

Current Vault space is fine when you only really need one gear set per subclass, and you have enough spaces on yourself for minor adjustments for PvP and PVE. But with encounter specific perks (Fallen burn, Void resist, Hive disruptor) creeping into the game people are going to start expanding their gear sets especially if we see some tougher encounters in TTK where you need all advantages you can get to win.

This is some of the issues they have with doing this. Space. Obviously space will run out sooner than later if they don't increase the vault space and making it easier to transfer gear.(Or harder, really make it a choice of what you want to bring along.).

ethomaz

Banned
6 hours to go...

Fucking internet.

PS. 6 hours will be just like when I need to go to work... so I will need to wait over 18 hours to play this shit.

phen0m24

Thanks Hood, Hawkian, Rasengan, Hudson and Drizzy for some fun tonight.

I apparently get worse at crucible the later it is. :p
that's my story and I'm sticking with it

Zzzzzzz

The idea that people want to have and coddle fatebringer for 10 years straight sounds completely fucking insane to me.

Like, seriously, what the hell? You really want this? New guns, different guns, upward growth and change is good. I want 0 of the current exotics to be popular by Destiny 3.
Not sure if your jab was towards me or what but my post was meant as a taunt since Deej said something that's already happening and not something I want continuing. I agree that they need to really balance out all the weapons more because right now it's pretty much stuck on a hand full of weapons.

Obscured

Xbl having issues apparenrly, my wife and I just keep getting disconnected and vulture errors.

Same for me. Lost about half my friends list a half hour or so ago but I was still in, tried to join on another that was in and now I get the lost connection to Destiny servers message.

Xbl having issues apparenrly, my wife and I just keep getting disconnected and vulture errors.

Yup, started about an hour ago. I was in a great Nightfall group that understood that void burn means Truth>Gjally and we got kicked right outside of Omnigul's room.

Ours was saying online privileges have changed.

Not sure if your jab was towards me or what but my post was meant as a taunt since Deej said something that's already happening and not something I want continuing. I agree that they need to really balance out all the weapons more because right now it's pretty much stuck on a hand full of weapons.

When 90% of teams are using 2-3 thorns (more 3 than 2) in ToO, there's a huge problem! Not to mention ghorn in PvE like we all know.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Looking to run my 3rd and final Skolas run. Preferably with people who have already run it either today or yesterday since if you have you know the amount of teamwork it requires. I'll be bringing my Hunter so at least one Titan required. Gallys/black hammer not required, though of course they help.

PSN: El_Bombastico

You know they are "Year 1" Weapons. ;P

I kinda expect that going forward, The Taken King will have new weapons that require base XP level 30 and all the "old" weapons will be put out to pasture as they no longer scale in damage or be upgradable. Still usable initially, but progressively less effective each nee DLC.

This is how the Ghorn dies, and when it does, Xur will sell it for one last hurrah.

Big thanks to everyone who helped us out in our Vault of Glass run. It was the first time for my brother and I, and everyone was super helpful and awesome to play with. Special thanks to DeathJr for walking us through each step.

There were some difficult parts near the end when I was kicked out of party chat, but it was sorted soon enough. Can't wait to try it again!

That's awesome^^ It is stories like this that make Destiny and DestinyGAF so amazing for me. Just took my cousin through Vault of Glass for his first time (on hard no less, hell of an initiation^^) and it really gave the game new life for the both of us. Didn't hurt that he got fatebringer and Mythocast on his first run either^^ Still waiting on mine (Mythocast), though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom