• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

You know Gjallarhorn is too good when Adam Boyes expresses his lust for it amongst FFVII Remake and Shenmue 3 to millions of people.

Loving the new Skolas (fight is ok, not for bad players, but easy enough for us who play this since day1), as for rewards, can't confirm you theory: we got 1/3 weapon drops, 0/3 ciphers. RNG was good in your runs i guess...

so yeah... Bungie... 2nd perk should be a bonus perk (like VoG items), not a replacement. Fix that, pretty please!!!

Just finished my 3rd and final Skolas run. I only got a one weapon on my 1st run: it was the void Scout Rifle though, so I can't complain...

Right on, thanks for the info Bomba and Bitsurugi. Starting to sound like our runs were crazy lucky to land 9/9 primaries. I got a void scout myself, as well as a void six dreg. I'm trying to resist the urge to shard all PoE weapons haha...

Totally agree about the drop changes combined with RNG perk nature Bits, part I bolded should have been a no-brainer for them. The odds of actually getting a decent roll from the terrible PoE perk pool are so slim. I spent every last weapon part I'd gathered over 9+ months playing this game, trying to roll a Her Benevolence with Shortgaze, HH, and Snapshot... with no success. So I'm not crazy about my odds for PoE weapon drop perk combinations.

Future

Being able to DPS a boss from 100-0 before the first mechanic goes out isn't a DPS race encounter but a poorly designed one.

Yup. The reason why that rocket launcher is so coveted because most designs revolve around a bullet sponge which cheap deaths surrounding you. So to avoid the cheap death you use the rocket to dps him down fast

That's shit design.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Fail because it should shoot out a dozen tiny t-shirts.

Also, the problem with the exotic primaries is that without elemental damage, there is no reason to use them. For PvE, the Fatebringer is just better than Thorn, Last Word or Hawkmoon. That said, at least the Vex is usable. I dare someone to use the Necrocasm on an arc burn.

You also have the problem with "why should I give up the Gjallarhorn?". Because of the sheer amount of damage it does, along with the fact that you can carry hundreds of heavy synths and the heavy ammo glitch, there's no reason not to use it. That just devalues the all the other exotics even further and increases the value of all the old legendaries.

You know Gjallarhorn is too good when Adam Boyes expresses his lust for it amongst FFVII Remake and Shenmue 3 to millions of people.
It was funny because the one or two times I got to play with him, we asked him if he couldn't just ask someone at Bungie to give him one.

Yup. The reason why that rocket launcher is so coveted because most designs revolve around a bullet sponge which cheap deaths surrounding you. So to avoid the cheap death you use the rocket to dps him down fast

That's shit design.
The Gjallarhorn is my primary weapon. I'll use it to take out a single shank, because why not?

Ken

Oh I can also agree with this feeling, especially the encounters relying too much on pure dps.
I'm not so much defending the Horn as the concept of having a few select weapons that are so good you actually are happy when getting them -- contrasting with 75% of the exotic weapons in the game.

But yeah, we need more fights like the templar or atheon in the game.

Aside from dupes, players should be happy for 90% of exotics that drop. At the moment that feels like 10%.

Brad Shoemaker was probably showing off his Gjallarhorn to him during their Nightfall.

Being able to DPS a boss from 100-0 before the first mechanic goes out isn't a DPS race encounter but a poorly designed one.

Agreed, just shows the bullet sponges in the game. Along with the Crota's End special perks and doing more damage to shanks..makes me wonder what Bungie was thinking about the "expansion" pack ideas.

Right on, thanks for the info Bomba and Bitsurugi. Starting to sound like our runs were crazy lucky to land 9/9 primaries. I got a void scout myself, as well as a void six dreg. I'm trying to resist the urge to shard all PoE weapons haha...

Drizzay did you manage to save any checkpoints from yesterday?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Agreed, just shows the bullet sponges in the game. Along with the Crota's End special perks and doing more damage to shanks..makes me wonder what Bungie was thinking about the "expansion" pack ideas.
Totally off topic, but I think the funny part for me is seeing people get excited at a new Uncharted game. Every fight in those games is basically a Skolas run. lol

Kyoufu

~~~E3 2016~~~

*Adam Boyes walks on stage*

"I'm very proud to announce that we'll be giving Gjallarhorns to all PS4 players*

*the crowd erupts*

*millions of reaction videos*

*Kyle Bosman climbs his chair*

The first gauntlets sold had STR and Fallen perk. I gather this week is INT, but what enemy faction is the perk active with?

Titan and Hunter have pure INT but Warlock is stuck on STR again for w/e reason. I believe they were all still Fallen perks again but for some reason I can't log in now to double check... saying something about PSN being too busy to log in?

I'm bored. Who wants to do Trials! Oh wait.

Me and you both Ken. Rubenov, Illini and me played 2 matches of Inferno Skirmish earlier and hated every minute, such a terrible mode. I really miss having either Elimination or Salvage as an available mode. Vanilla Skirmish is ~ok but was never my favoite.

Drizzay did you manage to save any checkpoints from yesterday?

Yep, should have both Hard Oracles and HM Crota, although I can't seem to log in right now...

Shito

Titan and Hunter have pure INT but Warlock is stuck on STR again for w/e reason. I believe they were all still Fallen perks again but for some reason I can't log in now to double check... saying something about PSN being too busy to log in?
Bungie.net is saying Fallen perk again, yeah.

edit: ^Thanks for the info Shito, and no prob MrS! Had a lot of fun on that run with you two, some clutch plays all around to pull it off.

I finally have one now and still think it's a burden on the game in some ways. I want it nerfed into the ground and force them to build less dumb dps race encounters.

Nice, congrats Zocano! Now we'll finally be able to beat Solar burn Skolas back on HoW launch week. It was definitely impossible without 3 Horns ;)

Kyoufu

Anyone doing Templar HM x3 and maybe even Atheon HM x3 today? Finding a competent group on LFG is tough so I thought I'd ask here.

nOoblet16

Guys I have a jerb interview next week !!

It's so hard to find an employer who is willing to hire someone with a foreign nationality and I've found one 15 min walk away from my home. Hope I don't flop like I did in my PhD interview.

Lima

We did a quick VoG yesterday up to Templar to get someone a Fatebringer. Not only did he not get his Fate but someone got it in all 3 runs, double drop during the second run even. 4 Fatebringers total for one person alone. I can't even.

We did a quick VoG yesterday up to Templar to get someone a Fatebringer. Not only did he not get his Fate but someone got it in all 3 runs, double drop during the second run even. 4 Fatebringers total for one person alone. I can't even.

Hah, I've had 5 drop for me in one week. Rng is surreal at times.

Getting the same PSN error message when I press X on the Destiny title screen. Hmm, not sure what to do...

Guys I have a jerb interview next week !!

It's so hard to find an employer who is willing to hire someone with a foreign nationality and I've found one 15 min walk away from my home. Hope I don't flop like I did in my PhD interview.

Good luck Nooblet! Hopefully we can get some Trials runs in this weekend if you're around, like some of those great wins we had with us and gunawi.

Klyka

Banned
I don't understand the Gjallarhorn.
I mean,I know why it is strong and everyone uses it,but why are people all "I will get one some day!".
I just like,bought mine from Xhul (forgot his name) when it first came up there. And even when I was playing it showed up like at least 2 times with him.
Does it not do that anymore? It really wasn't a special weapon to have. Everyone had one.

I mean,I know why it is strong and everyone uses it,but why are people all "I will get one some day!".
I just like,bought mine from Xhul (forgot his name) when it first came up there. And even when I was playing it showed up like at least 2 times with him.
Does it not do that anymore? It really wasn't a special weapon to have. Everyone had one.
He only sold it once.

he only sold it once the second week of release when people thought only exotic primaries would be worthwhile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom