• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
I don't understand the Gjallarhorn.
I mean,I know why it is strong and everyone uses it,but why are people all "I will get one some day!".
I just like,bought mine from Xhul (forgot his name) when it first came up there. And even when I was playing it showed up like at least 2 times with him.
Does it not do that anymore? It really wasn't a special weapon to have. Everyone had one.
Xur sold it on week 2, then never again. Back then nobody knew it was particularly good, and many thought exotic slot on heavy would be a waste. Also, it was the mid-20s level grind and many preferred to invest in armor for a quick Light boost (my case).

You might be thinking about the other rocket launcher which was sold several times.

Zoidberg

I had the coins to buy it that week and thought nah it's just a rocket launcher. Piece of shit had the last laugh, and is still laughing at me...

bitsurugi

I spent every last weapon part I'd gathered over 9+ months playing this game, trying to roll a Her Benevolence with Shortgaze, HH, and Snapshot... with no success. So I'm not crazy about my odds for PoE weapon drop perk combinations.

Ha. I know how you feel, been on the same train.... only last week i spent 500+ asc shards which i converted into glimmer, glimmer went into buy the weapon of the week from Vance, which i used to dismantle in weapon parts.

After, many, many, many, many, attempts... finally got the roll on HB, which is the same you mentioned above plus unflinching. So many close rolls, but hard as hell to nail the right one.

Now i am desperately trying to get the perfect Matador roll, no success so far :/

Kyoufu

I had the coins to buy it that week and thought nah it's just a rocket launcher. Piece of shit had the last laugh, and is still laughing at me...

I wish I had the coins for it back then. I'm so sad.

But I have faith that I'll get it from Nightfall/Raid eventually.

Either that or something better will come along.

Ikkarus

It was laughing at me too until it finally dropped this week in NF for me. RNG was a cruel mistress until now.

Zoidberg

I wish I had the coins for it back then. I'm so sad.

But I have faith that I'll get it from Nightfall/Raid eventually.

Either that or something better will come along.

I bought Suros the next week and was so pleased with myself for waiting. Now that Suros sits in a chair in the retirement home being fed pureed fruit while it mumbles to itself about being the best weapon last year.

nOoblet16

I mean,I know why it is strong and everyone uses it,but why are people all "I will get one some day!".
I just like,bought mine from Xhul (forgot his name) when it first came up there. And even when I was playing it showed up like at least 2 times with him.
Does it not do that anymore? It really wasn't a special weapon to have. Everyone had one.

6kjvwlI.gif

He's never sold it again when people thought it wasn't worth buying an exotic rocket launcher over an armour piece or a primary. And it took me over 600 hours to get my first, and it kills everything.

Kyoufu

I bought Suros the next week and was so pleased with myself for waiting. Now that Suros sits in a chair in the retirement home being fed pureed fruit while it mumbles to itself about being the best weapon last year.

I sharded my Suros. It wasn't even worth feeding fruit purée to.

SnakeEyes

Banned
So I finally got around to watching the Bungie ViDoc this evening, and all I can say is... HYPE GET.

Warlock reigns supreme, yet again ^_^

Grinchy

Banned
I wish Bungie would implement a no supers mode instead of a super everywhere one.

I want to go even further.

I'd love a No Supers Primary Only mode. Imagine not having to worry about the stupid heavy ammo. Imagine everyone having to aim guns instead of sliding or blinking in with shotguns over and over again. Imagine not getting killed back to back by stupid supers.

So I finally got around to watching the Bungie ViDoc this evening, and all I can say is... HYPE GET.

Warlock reigns supreme, yet again ^_^

Palpatine mode will be the best.

Lightning.gif

Though I'm still a bit pissed off at them for the lack of a Taken King only Digital Collector's Edition...

noomi

Good morning DGaf!

Trying to catch up to everything I missed from last night, was there any more interviews with Bungie after that IGN one with Sir Deej?

Also... call me when Skolas drop rate is increase please :/

Deku Tree

Deku, Mindlog, did yall beat it? I was so mad that I had to leave. We were on the right track.

Sorry for the late response. We were playing with my friend MildSoss and then when you left we invited another friend and we beat it on the second try. We just needed to get the mines down and we would have beaten it with you too.

ocean

Banned
Repeat grenades don't bum me out too much. Warlocks will discover the glory of Lightning.

Really wish Titans had gotten Blink though. Would have made for better PvP class parity. Also: hyped about the possibilities for exotic armor for these new classes.

I want to go even further.

I'd love a No Supers Primary Only mode. Imagine not having to worry about the stupid heavy ammo. Imagine everyone having to aim guns instead of sliding or blinking in with shotguns over and over again. Imagine not getting killed back to back by stupid supers.

Yep, this is exactly what I want as well. I'd even be interested in some "standardized load out" mode where everyone spawned with the same 8-mag HC or something. It's funny that every serious PvP'er I know is more interested in simplifying things like this yet Bungie went with the polar opposite. I realize it's supposed to be a kooky, casual counterpoint to Trials, but still sounds impossible to balance well.

Ken

Repeat grenades don't bum me out too much. Warlocks will discover the glory of Lightning.

Really wish Titans had gotten Blink though. Would have made for better PvP class parity. Also: hyped about the possibilities for exotic armor for these new classes.

Just giving Blink for parity sounds like an unbalanced and rather boring thing to do.

Can you imagine sprint > shoulder charge > blink > fist of havoc?

Klyka

Banned
Huh, maybe I was thinking of a different rocket launcher then.
Could have sworn Gjallarhorn was a regular on the sell list.

Well, guess having it since Day 1 is a nice bonus

Kyoufu

GJALLARHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ethomaz

Banned
That first week sell was intentional...

- Few guys have coins
- People thought a waste to buy a exotic Rocket if you can have a primary exotic
- Most guys choose but Armor Exotic to waste coins
- Nobody released the wolf packs while Xur was at tower lol

Bungie was so smart in this choice.

And now they will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER sell it again lol lol lol

Praise the RNGesus.

noomi

GJALLARHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats :)

Seriously they are dropping like crazy this week. I'm telling you guys that Xur will sell it on Friday. Get your coins ready!

Theorry

So uberfacts just tweeted this.

"The video game “Destiny” averages about 3.2 million players online each day."

How do they know lol?

ocean

Banned
Just giving Blink for parity sounds like an unbalanced and rather boring thing to do.

Can you imagine sprint > shoulder charge > blink > fist of havoc?

What? I meant as a jump option on the new subclass, thought that was evident. The old subclasses are staying the same. Void Warlocks and Arc Hunters have Blink. Giving it to Solar Titans would have rounded it out nicely.

As for boring: the jump options on Sunbreaker Titans will be Improved Height, Improved Control and Catapult. Just like Strikers. So yeah...

"We learned how to Blink from Warlocks. But please don't admit that." - from aphorisms To Anger Warlocks, a Hunter Handbook." was the flavor text on some old Hunter boots. Cheeselocks are apparently Titanists, discriminating against equal-opportunity Titan jumping.

ethomaz

Banned
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It happened!!!

I FINALLY DOWNLOADED DESTINY AGAIN IN ABOUT 35 HOURS!!!

IT IS WORKING!!!

But I just wake up to go work :( :( :( :( :(

Ken

What? I meant as a jump option on the new subclass, thought that was evident. The old subclasses are staying the same. Void Warlocks and Arc Hunters have Blink. Giving it to Solar Titans would have rounded it out nicely.

As for boring: the jump options on Sunbreaker Titans will be Improved Height, Improved Control and Catapult. Just like Strikers. So yeah...

Yeah, I'm still referring to Sunbreakers in my first statement. My second statement was just a facetious example of slapping blink onto stuff just because.

If you really think Titans need blink then go for it, but parity is a weak and uninteresting reason for it, IMO.

There's also nothing wrong with the current Titan jumps. It might be boring but it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom